Bears Draft Picks You Were Right/Wrong About

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Kevin White by a mile.
Followed by OL puds Gabe Carimi and Chris Williams.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right - James Daniels

Wrong - Tarik Cohen

Those are the only two that I remember having a big opinion on.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Believe it or not I used to be called a homer. But sadly with this franchise if you guess bust on most draft picks you're right. I lean that way now.

My worst so far has been Anthony Miller.

I knew Shea was a bad pick immediately. I really think I'll end up being right about Baby Gronk and Leonard Floyd.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will do the Pace era

Jury still out but I like them more today than I did when drafted
Trubisky, Roquan, and Miller

Guys I thought would not be worth draft status that I still think I am right about.
White, Floyd, Shaheen

Right that these guys would be worth draft position
Goldman, Amos, Cody

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm confused: How are you saying you're right on Miller, but it's TBD on Shaheen? Shaheen's been playing longer, and for all we know AntMill gets his leg chopped off cutting down wood and never plays again.

Miller is a baller and he got himself wide open a ton last year. Trubisky missed him a lot either by sailing passes or not seeing him. The guy has great feet, good hands, decent speed, tenacity, and is already great route runner.

Shaheen came from Ashland, was always going to take awhile to develop, and has missed quite a bit of time. I don’t think he’ll ever live up to his 2nd round status but if he can become an effective red-zone target and stay healthy he won’t be a complete bust. Mostly I’m just hanging on to a sliver of hope that we can get something out of Shaheen but most likely he’ll be on my “wrong” list sooner than lately.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I HAVE BEEN RIGHT ABOUT ALL OF THEM

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
For the ones that didn’t work out honestly name who you wanted

Like I hated the benson pick but I wanted mike williams so deeeerp
But I hated McClennon but wanted de Castro

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I was right about the Bears drafting a RB in the 3rd round this year.

Everyone literally said I was crazy.

But it happened, and I was right and I was the only one.

I thought everyone but me thought they would draft a RB there.
I was wrong in thinking they were not as certain to draft a RB as everyone thought, and if they did, it would not necessarily be with the first pick. They not only used their first pick, they traded to draft a RB higher. I thought they might go OL. Wrong.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Recently

Missed: Ego Ferguson, I thought he was going to be a solid player.

Right: Kyle Long, He was so athletic for his size that teaching him OL was the easy part.
If you listen to the people here, they'd think you were wrong on Long. Most fans seem to think he's no good. I have no idea why. I get being unhappy if a guy gets hurt (but not mad at him), but it seems like a lot of fans think the players get hurt on purpose.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you listen to the people here, they'd think you were wrong on Long. Most fans seem to think he's no good. I have no idea why. I get being unhappy if a guy gets hurt (but not mad at him), but it seems like a lot of fans think the players get hurt on purpose.
If he manages to do something productive this season, it'll be the first time in almost 4 years.

Perhaps that's why some think he's "no good"?

People have been thrashing Howard for months here after ONE below average season... I don't understand how or why this is such a mystery to some of you. Weirdest mancrush ever imo.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Loved Kevin White, that went poorly. Thought we were not taking a RB with our first pick this year, we did. Was big on Alshon, I'd say that was overall a success.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Other than the Shea Mac pick, there haven't been too many picks that I thought were unreasonable or mad about over the last few years, it's more that I just thought there were better players available that could have been had.

- I wanted Whitney Mercilus over Shea Mac - Obviously right.
- Pretty sure I was in on Alec Ogletree over Kyle Long - Missed that one.
- Pretty sure I wanted C.J Mosley over Kyle Fuller (I was huge on Aaron Donald all off-season and pissed when he went before us) - I would take Mosley over Fuller.
- I wanted Shane Ray over Kevin White - I was right but Ray hasn't exactly been a slam dunk either.
- I wanted Vernon Hargreaves over Leonard Floyd - Probably a push at this point.
- I lead the march on Mitch Trubisky all off-season and even called the trade-up for him - Pretty happy so far.
- I wanted Minkah Fitzpatrick over Roquan Smith - It's early but Roquan has been better I think.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Carimi pick was the happiest I've been for a draft pick in the last decade. I thought he'd still be the Bears RT today playing on a huge contract. I hated the Kevin White pick. 1 year of production, and it was in a gimmick offense that made it easy to put up numbers. I deep down hated the Shea McClellin pick, but was cautiously optimistic that Emery knew what he was doing. I wasn't a big fan of the Shaheen pick, as I didn't think TE was a huge need with Dion Sims and Zach Miller already on the roster.

That being said, I have a list of "what i would have done" picks for the Bears draft slots (assuming I made the trades up/down also) since 2010. Instead of White, I would have picked Beasley. Instead of McClellin, I would have picked Nick Perry over Chandler Jones. I also probably would have picked Obi Melifonwu over Juju Smith-Schuster with that Shaheen pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he manages to do something productive this season, it'll be the first time in almost 4 years.

Perhaps that's why some think he's "no good"?

People have been thrashing Howard for months here after ONE below average season... I don't understand how or why this is such a mystery to some of you. Weirdest mancrush ever imo.

But you only guaranteed to have them for rookie contract so shouldnt you also include those years?

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curtis Conway who I liked and I was way off on Bostic who I thought was going to be a power house.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I thought everyone but me thought they would draft a RB there.
I was wrong in thinking they were not as certain to draft a RB as everyone thought, and if they did, it would not necessarily be with the first pick. They not only used their first pick, they traded to draft a RB higher. I thought they might go OL. Wrong.
I thought we needed a RB like Whyte, and would draft that player in the 5th or later. But I was wrong thinking Nagy wasn't looking for another all-around type RB...let alone willing to trade up for one...

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Jonathan Bullard has under-performed considering how highly I thought of him coming out of Florida.

Never was a fan of Shea Mclellin (didn't hear of him before draft day), Ego Ferguson (unproductive in college) or Jon Bostic (missed alot of tackles in college).

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely was screaming take Aaron Donald, so that's one for the win column.