Bears Draft Picks You Were Right/Wrong About

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely was screaming take Aaron Donald, so that's one for the win column.

Yes, I must give credit to this message board, if this is where we were for that year's draft. Many people were touting Aaron Donald very highly. One pick away.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been right about Trubersky so far.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players I was wrong about:

Carimi- thought he would be the next HOF lineman for the Bears
Howard- thought Bears got too cute when they already had Langford
Solomon Thomas- Thought the Bears should have drafted him if they didn't go QB. Thought he was the next Aaron Donald

Players I was right abt:

Shea McClelin- I knew it was a terrible pick the moment the Bears drafted him
Aaron Donald- just went one pick right before the Bears
Alshon Jeffery
Juju Smith Schuster- wanted the Bears to draft him in the second and so far looks like I would have been right
Kevin White- wasn't impressed with him when he was drafted but at the time Bears needed a WR...so I thought maybe he's ok

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
With the draft behind us and all the opinions swirling let's talk about our "hits" and "misses" in draft evaluation over the years.

What Bears draft pick(s) were you right about?

What Bears draft pick(s) were you wrong about?

One of my favorite all time draft proclamations is when you told me Keith Price would be better than Jay Cutler lol.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I always thought it was a red flag when the Bears would draft guys like Carimi or McClellin and before they were even in camp they were being moved to positions they never played in college. I didn't like either of those picks for that reason.

I was actually excited for the Kevin White pick, because it was so far out of the norm for the Bears. An exciting WR as opposed to some white fullback from Stanford like Brad Muster (another ridiculous pick...lets take a guy who is a feature RB in college and make him block for Neal Anderson...and lets take this guy in the 1st round!). I figured White would have to learn route running and so forth, but his athleticism was intriguing.

I hated the David Terrell pick, and IMO was the worst Bears pick ever. He had no positive qualities. My friend at UM football said Terrell had terrible 'character', and he was slow and couldn't catch the ball in traffic.

My favorite #calledit was the Alshon Jeffery pick. I had heard Jeffery bombed in interviews and had 'soft tissue' concerns, so I didn't like the pick. Even after Jeffery's "Anthony Miller" rookie season, where everyone proclaimed him 'great' even though he had a few flashes, didn't do much else, and ended up with 367 receiving yards...I still wasn't sold on Jeffery and couldn't agree that he was a good pick. But then shortly into Jeffery's second season, his ability was obvious. He was a great pick. After a few years, I was the lone voice criticizing Pace for not making more of an effort to keep Jeffery. Strange how CCS works.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I pretty much hated every Bears first round pick pre-Pace (when they weren't giving them away), so I was usually right. Just a safe bet under Angelo and Emery (Hatley? Don't remember if he was GM). I did like Urlacher, Tommie Harris, and Carimi, like many others. I also really like the Curtis Enis pick, and I remember he had a great first game and then basically never played well again. I especially hated Cedric Benson; I worked at UT during his time there and knew he was an absolute stroke along with being a mediocre running back.

I wasn't on board with the Jeffrey pick. I thought Kevin White was a reasonable choice although I wanted Vic Beasley. I've generally like most of what Pace has done. I think his 2018 draft is going to go down as a great one.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew Urlacher would be a bust from the minute his name was called at the draft.

Bears should have gone with Clay Matthews whomst is a way better white linebacker.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was right about Howard; for two years at least. I was right about most of Angelo's picks - they sucked. Emery also had some epic bad drafts. I think everyone 'called it' about McCellin. I was wrong about Trubisky, I wanted Watson. I think the biggest pick I was right and wrong about was Chris Williams in the 08 draft. I wanted Branden Albert.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Posters I was right about:

@dabears70 always knew he was a scammer and a low life. After being scammed by him out of my 25 bucks and threatened repeatedly on yahoo's internal fantasy league forum, i said "enough was enough".. i put him on ignore but he still constantly tries to DM me and get me involved in other fantasy leagues like i would fall for the same branedead trap again. His football "thoughts" are boring and not very well thought out, he might as well be a parrot for the fine journalists over at sportsmockery the way he just regurgitates the nonsensical nonsense they write all over this board. #calledit

@Bear Pride this dude cant go 3 minutes without being mad about literally everything. He also has this weird tendency to to include homo-erotic innuendos in his postings here, and then gets visibly upset when various posters question him on it. He also bragged about his sister beating up nerds on this forum, and epic fog machine basement parties he's had after Bears games. Just an overall weird dude, and i #calledit basically forever ago.

@Teddy KGB LMAO he's STILL complaining to mods in 2019, a full 15 years after he first started bitching and moaning and whinging to mods of a Bears forum (to my knowledge). I'm surprised any of the mods survived with teeth intact after all that cringing. Also, he may literally be the reincarnation of the cray clown killer John Wayne Gacy, only difference is Teddy is noticeably more robust and probably a bigger star wars fan. I'll let the CCS faithful take a collective #calledit on this one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Posters I was right about:

@dabears70 always knew he was a scammer and a low life. After being scammed by him out of my 25 bucks and threatened repeatedly on yahoo's internal fantasy league forum, i said "enough was enough".. i put him on ignore but he still constantly tries to DM me and get me involved in other fantasy leagues like i would fall for the same branedead trap again. His football "thoughts" are boring and not very well thought out, he might as well be a parrot for the fine journalists over at sportsmockery the way he just regurgitates the nonsensical nonsense they write all over this board. #calledit

@Bear Pride this dude cant go 3 minutes without being mad about literally everything. He also has this weird tendency to to include homo-erotic innuendos in his postings here, and then gets visibly upset when various posters question him on it. He also bragged about his sister beating up nerds on this forum, and epic fog machine basement parties he's had after Bears games. Just an overall weird dude, and i #calledit basically forever ago.

@Teddy KGB LMAO he's STILL complaining to mods in 2019, a full 15 years after he first started bitching and moaning and whinging to mods of a Bears forum (to my knowledge). I'm surprised any of the mods survived with teeth intact after all that cringing. Also, he may literally be the reincarnation of the cray clown killer John Wayne Gacy, only difference is Teddy is noticeably more robust and probably a bigger star wars fan. I'll let the CCS faithful take a collective #calledit on this one.

This is funny coming from the guy that canceled his $25 payment as soon as he knew his team wasn't gonna make the playoffs which i had to pay out of me own pocket.

Hahaha fucking NoSack the complete loser.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
This is funny coming from the guy that canceled his $25 payment as soon as he knew his team wasn't gonna make the playoffs which i had to pay out of me own pocket.

I call complete bullshit on this

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I call complete bullshit on this

Well of course you do. NoSack is your buddy and part of the troll crew but i'm the only one that would know and i know i had to come up with the extra $25 to pay Vu after NoSack canceled his. Complete douche move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Surprise, surprise. Someone just has to make this thread about themselves.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well of course you do. NoSack is your buddy and part of the troll crew but i'm the only one that would know and i know i had to come up with the extra $25 to pay Vu after NoSack canceled his. Complete douche move.

you used league safe for that league and in order for members of your league to receive their money back after the season starts you would have to release those funds. So if you claim he canceled his payment because he was knocked out of playoffs that would mean the season had started and you would have to authorize the return of his funds. Now knowing that you are a confirmed tard, it is very likely you authorized the return of his money which would then put this on you not @Novak

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nice non football derail post velcro brane.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
a0xJKJR.png

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I absolutely did not get a refund, and lost to your cheating with honor.

Why do you continue to lie to this board?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you used league safe for that league and in order for members of your league to receive their money back after the season starts you would have to release those funds. So if you claim he canceled his payment because he was knocked out of playoffs that would mean the season had started and you would have to authorize the return of his funds. Now knowing that you are a confirmed tard, it is very likely you authorized the return of his money which would then put this on you not @Novak
Exactly this. "League Safe" was used, and for those that dont know, makes it impossible to get a refund. @dabears70 stole money, and paid nothing out of his own pocket. Lies lies lies.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I absolutely did not get a refund, and lost to your cheating with honor.

Why do you continue to lie to this board?

He keeps acting as if he didn't try to scam that league and yet he keeps showing that he did and comically failed