Bears got robinson

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Who are you referring to when you say "most guys"? Like Beardown mentioned a typical ACL injury takes 6-10 months to heal and get cleared for contact (More towards the 9-10 months). Why do "most guys" need 8-12 extra months to reach top level of sports?

Exactly. There is a large time table for complete healing. Some have set backs. Some do not. Some have minor set backs. Some have major set backs. All the while, this is not talking about conditioning and the neuromuscular connections that have to happen to get back to the top of an athlete's game. I fully expect Robinson to recover, but I'm not going to expect him to be amazing right out of the gate. By the time the season open, he will be around 12 months out, which is a good place for him to start. But you have to factor in confidence, game speed, conditioning, and getting hit by very large men.

I think if people do not believe there will be an extra level of caution with regards to Robinson from management, coaching, and the medical staff that they are probably very delusional.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great news. Very happy. Sounds like Wilson might be going elsewhere, and Watkins just signed with KC for $48m. So, I think we look at some of the other FAs, but we're not as desperate now. I do still like Moncrief. Robinson, Cam, Inman, White, Bellamy, Rookie.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Exactly. There is a large time table for complete healing. Some have set backs. Some do not. Some have minor set backs. Some have major set backs. All the while, this is not talking about conditioning and the neuromuscular connections that have to happen to get back to the top of an athlete's game. I fully expect Robinson to recover, but I'm not going to expect him to be amazing right out of the gate. By the time the season open, he will be around 12 months out, which is a good place for him to start. But you have to factor in confidence, game speed, conditioning, and getting hit by very large men.

I think if people do not believe there will be an extra level of caution with regards to Robinson from management, coaching, and the medical staff that they are probably very delusional.

Nobody has said this either. I think there will be caution. Caution being he will probably be rested during mid-week practices etc. He may not play much in pre-season. But I fully expect him to be full go during the season and game time.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Obviously, Bellamy continues to wear the 15 jersey. Just that it will now have Robinson on the back and he will be wearing while watching the Bears game from a bar stool.

This is awesome lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
NFL Network reporting Bears not done with WR in free agency....hells yeah!

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why they couldn't just train up Glennon on WR, he's tall and athletic would probably catch a lot of TD's and you already had him on the team

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fully expect the Bears to get two WRs. Glad one was the top in the class.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Don't play the exceptions. Play the rule. On average, most guys need around 18 months to reach top level of sport. There is a distinct difference.

Dampening expectations means not expecting a 1400 yard 10 TD outburst his first year here. He got a contract because of his potential to produce and that the market dictated that they pay one of the big names because if they didn't, the fan base would have grabbed their pitch forks and try to lynch Pace.

I never said "recovery" year. I just said, the expectation should be that Year 2 and Year 3 will most likely be the years he is most productive and free from the mental hurdles of recovery.

I'm not expecting that much because I don't see Trubisky playing to a single receiver that much right now by (especially because Robinson will be doubled nearly every play). I'm crossing fingers for an 1100, 6 TD season myself.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
100% catch rate last year. Dudes a stud.

Anyway, injured on his first catch, 1st quarter, 1st game last year. I know this, was on my fantasy team.

Will be 12 full months removed from injury. I expect big things.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wait, but I was told the Bears were a horrible franchise they couldn't sign any top free agents. I guess it's time to pivot to Pace only signs injured free agents and draft picks.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
gagaga.gif

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Wait, but I was told the Bears were a horrible franchise they couldn't sign any top free agents. I guess it's time to pivot to Pace only signs injured free agents and draft picks.

giphy.gif

Pace can only sign current player's friends? Whichever way it goes we all know the duck and punch is coming

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now I just hope he's healthy.

Really worried about this. In that video of him working out that was posted yesterday he definitely looks gimpy still. Not driving at all off the bad leg. It has only been 6 months though, so... hoping for the best. I'd feel much better if we signed Watkins too :).

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears fans should be ecstatic about this deal. Huge position of need, arguably best free agent out there at WR, and we get a 3 year deal at a fair price.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is a huge move for the Bears for multiple reasons,

1. It appears they are a destination again for free agents landing the #1 WR.
2. It shows us last seasons FA period was a blip, not that Robinson may not flame out, but at least we were not being rejected.
3. It gives the Bears a potential #1 WR that they were not going to find in the draft.
4. It gives immediate help to Trubisky and does not require development time
5. It puts everyone in a spot they can be successful, Meredith as the #2 is better for him than the #1 spot. If they sign Wilson or draft a slot they will not be forced outside.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getting Robinson cheaper than Watkins is a really nice bonus.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I called it... :) Can I like be considered an 'insider' now?

03-09-2018, 07:13 PM #13

Josh2J

Personally, I think the Bears already have assurance Robinson is theirs to be had, otherwise I think they would have pursued Landry harder. I have yet to hear what Browns gave up for him though.... Maybe Pace wouldn't have matched that offer regardless given how supposedly values the picks.

I bet Robinson gets something in the 14-16 mil range