Bears got robinson

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Nice, hope they actually work on the line. We need a starting guard to replace Sitton.

If Wilson goes elsewhere, then there are option such as Wright, Meredith, and Cohen that could be in the slot, but who is the other wide out? And i do not want the hear White , because I'm not falling for that heartache again. Innman and Wheaton are the options I guess but I would like to see Trubisky have so many option that no one can be doubled with out having 1 on 1 elsewhere.

KC used the TE a ton, and I think that Shaheen can make the next step, but it would be huge to have Burton to go with Shaheen.

Meredith will be on the other side of Robinson I would think. He's not going to be in the slot. If they don't get Wilson, then Wright ended the year last season on a pretty high note.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yay us. Football and stuff. What? This better still be true when the snooze alarm goes off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
AR15 - 6’3” 211lbs
Merideth - 6’3” 200lbs

Even Cade McNown could complete a pass to these behemoths.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I don't get concerned about ACL injuries. They do them all the time and extremely rare to have a poor recovery. Lots of guys have really good seasons following ACL rehab. Robinson is on month 6 so he'll be ready by training camp. He actually should be running already and they probably got a chance to see him run before signing him.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1ke

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good job, Pace. Lets re-sign Fuller and grab a CB2. Give Goldman an extension. Draft Edmunds and lets fucking rage.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Best news I’ve woken up to in years. Here’s to You Mr. Robinson.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I don't get concerned about ACL injuries. They do them all the time and extremely rare to have a poor recovery. Lots of guys have really good seasons following ACL rehab. Robinson is on month 6 so he'll be ready by training camp. He actually should be running already and they probably got a chance to see him run before signing him.

Bears fans should dampen their expectations for Robinson this year because of this very reason. You have to project Robinson in Year 2 and 3 instead of Year 1.

It's an injury that takes time. A lot goes into the recovery process, but one of the big keys is developing the same confidence and learning how to fight through set backs as they happen because they will happen. It takes around 18 months. After that, most athletes are good to go and feeling like themselves again.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Pace came out big dick swangin. Fantastic to see him land his first top tier player. Pumped.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Bears fans should dampen their expectations for Robinson this year because of this very reason. You have to project Robinson in Year 2 and 3 instead of Year 1.

It's an injury that takes time. A lot goes into the recovery process, but one of the big keys is developing the same confidence and learning how to fight through set backs as they happen because they will happen. It takes around 18 months. After that, most athletes are good to go and feeling like themselves again.

Yeah not really...there is plenty of examples of ACL injuries to WR or TE that come back to their normal selves in much less than 18 months (Maclin, Gronk, Reggie Wayne...). Our expectations should be high. You don't sign a guy like this and "give him a year" to get back to his normal self. If that is the case with this signing I would have much rather spent money elsewhere then wasting a year of the deal on a "recovery year". He was injured week 1. It's pretty well known full recovery is in the 6 to 9 month range. It's already been 6 months.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Yeah not really...there is plenty of examples of ACL injuries to WR or TE that come back to their normal selves in much less than 18 months. Our expectations should be high. You don't sign a guy like this and "give him a year" to get back to his normal self. If that is the case with this signing I would have much rather spent money elsewhere then wasting a year of the deal on a "recovery year". He was injured week 1. It's pretty well known full recovery is in the 6 to 9 month range. It's already been 6 months.

Don't play the exceptions. Play the rule. On average, most guys need around 18 months to reach top level of sport. There is a distinct difference.

Dampening expectations means not expecting a 1400 yard 10 TD outburst his first year here. He got a contract because of his potential to produce and that the market dictated that they pay one of the big names because if they didn't, the fan base would have grabbed their pitch forks and try to lynch Pace.

I never said "recovery" year. I just said, the expectation should be that Year 2 and Year 3 will most likely be the years he is most productive and free from the mental hurdles of recovery.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Uh Oh!! The controversy begins. Who gets to wear number 15? Bears already extending our Josh Bellamy. Does AR offer 2 big macs to take his jersey number? or does he change his number to something the 80's.

Obviously, Bellamy continues to wear the 15 jersey. Just that it will now have Robinson on the back and he will be wearing while watching the Bears game from a bar stool.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Robinson at 80% is better than anything Bears trotted out last year. Expectations aren’t going to temper, because him just being on the field forces defenses to respect the pass game.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Don't play the exceptions. Play the rule. On average, most guys need around 18 months to reach top level of sport. There is a distinct difference.

Dampening expectations means not expecting a 1400 yard 10 TD outburst his first year here. He got a contract because of his potential to produce and that the market dictated that they pay one of the big names because if they didn't, the fan base would have grabbed their pitch forks and try to lynch Pace.

I never said "recovery" year. I just said, the expectation should be that Year 2 and Year 3 will most likely be the years he is most productive and free from the mental hurdles of recovery.

Where are you getting this average? Show me something that says someone needs 18 months to recover from an ACL. I'm not expecting 1400 yards and 10 TDs. I'm expecting a dominant young receiver that Trubisky can have confidence throwing the ball to in one on one matchups and expect his WR to win. Someone who can run good routes and go get the ball at any time. I would be disappointed with anything less than 1000 yards and 8-10 TDs though. They aren't going after this guy to go out and catch 50 balls and 600 yards.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Who are you referring to when you say "most guys"? Like Beardown mentioned a typical ACL injury takes 6-10 months to heal and get cleared for contact (More towards the 9-10 months). Why do "most guys" need 8-12 extra months to reach top level of sports?

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Robinson at 80% is better than anything Bears trotted out last year. Expectations aren’t going to temper, because him just being on the field forces defenses to respect the pass game.

To this, I would agree. Having Meredith back will also be a nice welcome addition. Trotting out two 6'3" targets for Mitch will be very nice to have this year. Get a couple speed slot players and this offense could be looking very good.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace must read the boards and saw that we had over 500 posts....yes!

Last edited: