1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
sprt-cliffoffice2_l654x400-000.jpg

Cliff Fucking Stein

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
CFS should be given dictatorial control over Halas Hall, and if for some reason Halas Hall is not gracious enough to do that, he should just seize power anyway because who is going to mess with Cliff "Fucking" Stein?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice to see you've come around.

Come around about what? I have always been a CFS fan. I had a whole thread about not worrying about the salary cap last year that was based on CFS has this shit under control.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope CFS sees this thread. Then takes Larry's lunch and makes him watch while he eats it. The unsung hero of the Bears org.

Fuck it, just make him a mod. The quality of this forum would go up overnight. Make a shitty thread and CFS is going to find you and make you pay.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
During the offseason, only the top 51 contracts count against the salary cap so only the next 18 players have to fit under the cap. So the author saying the Bears have 12.8 million to sign 56 players is incorrect.

Furthermore, all the deals the Bears signed recently have provisions that allow them to convert base salary into signing bonus any time they want so they are really on a pay as you go system. That combined with all the money that can be freed up by cutting Peppers, Bush, Bennett, Briggs, etc. and the Bears are in fine shape salary cap wise.
Calling BF51 an author does a great misjustice to many eight year olds worldwide

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Calling BF51 an author does a great misjustice to many eight year olds worldwide

I was referring to the author of the article he linked no him, lol.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like Snorch is back on his game.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
It got really awkward when they literally had to shave the exterior of Halas Hall every day. The amount of shaving cream alone was...unfathomable.

Literally not able to be fathomed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Come around about what? I have always been a CFS fan. I had a whole thread about not worrying about the salary cap last year that was based on CFS has this shit under control.
Here you go. From baffled to expert in 2 short weeks. I corrected you and said no problem yet you spun away.

The point is what do the Bears value more. Freeing up 10 million in cap space that can be used during the FA period ie March-May or freeing up 14 million in cap space by waiting until June 1st with the downside being his full 18 million counts against the cap for the whole FA period and you are pushing another 4 million to the 2015 cap.

So it is not about being sentimental. I want to use the 10 million in Cap Space during FA. Waiting until June 1st results in more cap space this year but all the good FAs will be gone by then. So if I want to use that savings to sign legit FAs then I have to take a cap hit of 8 million.

Why pay 8 million for an empty roster spot? Keep Pep at the same 8 million if he is willing and go out and still sign or draft 2 DEs that are capable of starting. Pep can be a 3rd DE and pass rushing DT and still provide value at no incremental salary cap cost.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here you go. From baffled to expert in 2 short weeks. I corrected you and said no problem yet you spun away.

I already told you in that thread I misread Windy City's post. My misreading his post over designating a player as a June 1st cut prior to June 1st and cutting a guy actually on Junes 1st or later has fuck all to do with this particular topic of overall salary cap space and whether the Bears have a cap issue.

The point I made in this thread that is actually on topic is the same point I made in the other thread. The salary cap in the off season is the top 51 player salaries. I even provided you a link to support that in the other thread. The author of the article suggests that all 80+ players brought to camp must fit under the salary cap.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was just a bunch more more spin. You thought we were cap tight and assumed 6/1 cuts happened on 6/1. Yes, I know you can deny it with a long winded post full of minutia.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was just a bunch more more spin. You thought we were cap tight and assumed 6/1 cuts happened on 6/1. Yes, I know you can deny it with a long winded post full of minutia.

Nope I misread the post. But either way, what does that have to do with my comments in this thread? I made comments directly relevant to this thread about the top 51 players having to be under the cap and CFS being a cap genius because the author of the article linked was wrong about the former and BF51 seemed to be underestimating the later.

What does June 1st cuts have to do with what I said? Nothing. Like are you going to be all emo now and following me around making comments that have nothing to do with the thread topic?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
La la la. June 1st cuts happening in march is an understood in cap discussion....unless you don't understand.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
La la la. June 1st cuts happening in march is an understood in cap discussion....unless you don't understand.

Plenty of people don't understand it and yes it was my error that I thought Windy did not understand. All of which I already admitted to in that thread and none of which has anything to do with this thread.

It's like you were saving up the hurt feelings just so you could pull it out except it makes no sense here since June 1st cuts was never the topic. Like can you let me know all the other things you are hurt about that you will be bringing up in unrelated threads?