Bears have spent 90% of cap space

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
And how good was Olin Kreutz after he left the Bears?

"On August 5, 2011, Kreutz signed with the New Orleans Saints for a one year $2 million contract with an additional $2 million in incentives. Kreutz played in four of the Saints' first six games, missing the other two with a knee injury. He then decided to quit the team, saying that he had lost his "passion" for the game;[7] the Saints were reportedly planning to move him to the "left team" list.[8] He was waived after leaving the squad on October 22."

Thought so...

Tell me something i dont know junior.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You do understand that is impossible don't you.

It got really awkward when they literally had to shave the exterior of Halas Hall every day. The amount of shaving cream alone was...unfathomable.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh yeah 'face of the franchise ' must be an imaginary term :eyeroll:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:One more child left behind

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
i guess u idiots are right, the bears forum is the worst place to rag on the bears. Duly noted. L8r fuckheads.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Now this is entertainment.

thread-delivers.jpg

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Y dont u tell me how good your defense is gonna be next year dumb bear fan.

You should probably learn to use the language you are attempting to converse in properly before questioning the intelligence of others.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its painful at times to see how badly bullsadonisdna doesn't understand football. Seriously learn something or make another account.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one is insinuating that the Bears aren't going to be able to fill out their roster. The question is are they going to be able to rebuild their defense with anything but one-year contract 30-year-old veterans and a few draft picks and some UDFAs. Where is the money going to come from to get at least two solid starters on the defense and re-sign the players we need to re-sign?

The Bears clear out cap space, hooray...but there's still a disaster that exists on the front seven and as TeddyKGB rightly points out the Bears are likely going to watch their two best players on defense leave via free agency.

Who are the best players that play on the front seven that will be back for certain? Stephen Paea (not many people on this board like him thanks to Windy City) and Jon Bostic?

Who are the two best players on defense? Are we talking Peppers and Tillman? If so Peppers will save 14 million if he is designated as a June 1st cut. Guess what, I can sign a good DE for say 7 million a year and a good CB like Jennings for 5 million a year and have 2 million left over for a decent SLB. That's 3 players paid for by Peppers. That's without dipping into any of my cap money.

Next, we have say 4 million set aside for rookies. Ok, let's say the expectation is that my 1st and 2nd round picks start. Let's say I get a DE and DT with those picks. I am up to 5 starters now. Now lets say the 4 and 5 round picks are for depth. That's 7 spots filled with 4 million of cap space out of the supposed 12.8 and out of the 14 million I get for cutting Peppers.

I still have 8.8 million of cap space left and I haven't even cut Bennett, Bush, Weems, Briggs or extended Marshall or restructured Cutler. So not sure what the problem is dude.