Bears have spent 90% of cap space

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize JC get $22.5 M real money next year no matter what, right? If its called salary it goes 100% against next years cap, if it's called bonus 20%counts for each of the next 5 yrs. They can spread out as much or as little as they need for cap purposes. The only change is on paper, it has zero affect on Cutler.

I see that, but when you restructure you have to pay the piper sooner or later.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I see that, but when you restructure you have to pay the piper sooner or later.
That's why CFS wrote the contract that way. If they need a million more for a FA they want the can take as little as they want away from salary for Signing Bonus. It is a brilliant set up. They can use as much as possible of JC $22.5 M as salary leaving more room for future years caps, and still create the necessary space to get the FA's they covet.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Stein_Cliff.jpg

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No one is insinuating that the Bears aren't going to be able to fill out their roster. The question is are they going to be able to rebuild their defense with anything but one-year contract 30-year-old veterans and a few draft picks and some UDFAs. Where is the money going to come from to get at least two solid starters on the defense and re-sign the players we need to re-sign?

The Bears clear out cap space, hooray...but there's still a disaster that exists on the front seven and as TeddyKGB rightly points out the Bears are likely going to watch their two best players on defense leave via free agency.

Who are the best players that play on the front seven that will be back for certain? Stephen Paea (not many people on this board like him thanks to Windy City) and Jon Bostic?

Post of the day. In summation: "how is it that clearing more cap space [in the ways previously described by several posters] help us to fill spots in the front 7 with solid starters?"

Fucking brilliant as always.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, its too bad the Bears have until what, March, to make roster cuts without paying roster bonuses?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
D-d-d-do u think a t-t-team that retains Tucker K-k-k-knows what they are d-d-d-doing with the c-c-c-ap?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have no room to talk. You have shown zero knowledge of football in every single post I have read. In fact, you like BF51, might be better served scrapping your forum persona for new accounts.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure it wasn't a dingo?