Bears have spent 90% of cap space

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
They certainly knew that Urlacher was done and wasn't worth the money he wanted. And everyone else in the NFL knew it, too.

They didnt know crap. Urlacher hobbled as u make him sound would have been our best mlb. I htink most people knew brian wasnt gonna play for another team so why bother.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hFEDB5668

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Urlacher was not done and we make the playoffs with Urlacher leading the defense. Just the lining up part would have made a difference.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
They didnt know crap. Urlacher hobbled as u make him sound would have been our best mlb. I htink most people knew brian wasnt gonna play for another team so why bother.

31, count 'em, 31 other NFL teams took at pass on him. Except Meatball Nation, of course. You can play for them until you're 50, as long as you GOT DA FIRE AND DA PASSION!

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
and i wont put past these guys, the cloak and dagger unit, to blindly say the guy is too injured to play, and the rest of the league takes that evaluation as proof. At the end of day and knowing this regime they will say whats convienient, nots what the truth.
Yeah urlacher wanted 3 mil, he probably sells that in jerseys in a year. Playing for less than wouldnt have been a good career move unless his career was sacrificing his body at a cheap rate for the pockets of ownership.
No where else would urlachers contract been a such a great value cuz he didnt have the market.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
31, count 'em, 31 other NFL teams took at pass on him. Except Meatball Nation, of course. You can play for them until you're 50, as long as you GOT DA FIRE AND DA PASSION!

31 other teams, count them 31 other teams werent as bad agianst the run as we were SINCE 1961. Count them 31!

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
and i wont put past these guys, the cloak and dagger unit, to blindly say the guy is too injured to play, and the rest of the league takes that evaluation as proof. At the end of day and knowing this regime they will say whats convienient, nots what the truth.
Yeah urlacher wanted 3 mil, he probably sells that in jerseys in a year. Playing for less than wouldnt have been a good career move unless his career was sacrificing his body at a cheap rate for the pockets of ownership.
No where else would urlachers contract been a such a great value cuz he didnt have the market.

Yes, Emery and Trestman, master character assassins, they! Why, I heard they're starting up a gossip rag to rival TMZ itself!

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Yes, Emery and Trestman, master character assassins, they! Why, I heard they're starting up a gossip rag to rival TMZ itself!

I know u say that jokingly, but the character assassination was complete. Peppers is a bum now, tillman too old, u know these guys just arent good enough for our system now. Is it true, i dont believe it but thats what they tell the sheep.

derp he is too injured for us.......... other team: lets sign him. yeah i dont think so.
The FO admitted that they preferred he retired, they didnt want him to sign with another team, u know that.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
dude im not gonna get all pissy and moany about urlacher cuz yeah it done, but u CANNOT use urlacher as a positive note of this teams defensive evaluation. :lol:
Its all circumstantial that he didnt sign anywhere else, especially by having his health blackballed.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I know u say that jokingly, but the character assassination was complete. Peppers is a bum now, tillman too old, u know these guys just arent good enough for our system now. Is it true, i dont believe it but thats what they tell the sheep.

derp he is too injured for us.......... other team: lets sign him. yeah i dont think so.
The FO admitted that they preferred he retired, they didnt want him to sign with another team, u know that.

Any one of 31 other teams could've submitted him to a team physical and then signed him.

You can pursue this line of reasoning if you want, but I'll make you look just as foolish as I did to little ruddy earlier today.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
the bears have tons of flexibility. they can cut players, they can change the new deals by converting their base salary into pro-rated bonuses, they can restructure existing deals.

the bears are going to be making a LOT of moves. they will have plenty of cap space when they need to do so.
Yes the Bears are going to be just fine, they'll have plenty of money when they need it.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Any one of 31 other teams could've submitted him to a team physical and then signed him.

You can pursue this line of reasoning if you want, but I'll make you look just as foolish as I did to little ruddy earlier today.

Urlacher was a bit of a polarizing figure, there are a lot of reasons why teams didnt reach out for him. What u dont seem to understand and u are really grasping to his idea of non offers, is that they already knew what his pricetag was . 3 mill. Nothing less. Is urlacher better than a vet minimum player? yeah. Would he signed for that no? Do temas want to go after another olin kreutz who drew the line in the sand with the bears. Too much man, and its its not a positive for the FO by any respect.

Your saying the bears were smart in not signing urlacher because no other teams did, well man thats really arbitrary.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Urlacher was a bit of a polarizing figure, there are a lot of reasons why teams didnt reach out for him. What u dont seem to understand and u are really grasping to his idea of non offers, is that they already knew what his pricetag was . 3 mill. Nothing less. Is urlacher better than a vet minimum player? yeah. Would he signed for that no? Do temas want to go after another olin kreutz who drew the line in the sand with the bears. Too much man, and its its not a positive for the FO by any respect.

Your saying the bears were smart in not signing urlacher because no other teams did, well man thats really arbitrary.

And how good was Olin Kreutz after he left the Bears?

"On August 5, 2011, Kreutz signed with the New Orleans Saints for a one year $2 million contract with an additional $2 million in incentives. Kreutz played in four of the Saints' first six games, missing the other two with a knee injury. He then decided to quit the team, saying that he had lost his "passion" for the game;[7] the Saints were reportedly planning to move him to the "left team" list.[8] He was waived after leaving the squad on October 22."

Thought so...