Bears hire DeFilippo as QB coach

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
A. Wentz best year was under Defillipo, the year they won the Superbowl. He also coached Foles that year.
B. Minshew was drafted in the 6th round and put up some decent numbers for a rookie

your dismissing of facts to fit your ignorant narrative is mind boggling to people who rely on common sense
Haha. Wentz was on the sidelines when it mattered most during their SB year and Foles has always done well for Philly while sucking on every other team. Remember when Chip declared him their starting QB for the next 100 years? Minshew started off good and then deteriorated. Don't imagine the Jags will fair any better next year than they did this year if they keep him as starter. And Defellipo was with Wentz his rookie year as well, which you dismiss cause it was not good. Wentz has also only seen 1 playoff game which they lost. Still waiting on him to live up to the hype.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way they get Foles is thru a trade and it’s a fuck ton of money that they probably can’t afford
In such a case as his, he'd come cheaper to the team being traded to cause the signing bonus, and cap hit for it, would be taken care of by the Jags. Not a trade I would advocate cause, as already mentioned, Foles has sucked everywhere he's gone but Philly.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Remember back in the day when everyone thought the right qb coach would make cutler a franchise qb lol

I don’t think anyone expects these new hires to make Trubisky good. (At least I hope not). That being said I can look at the hires separate from Trubisky and like what they’ve done. The Bears are very much not a NFL destination job at the moment and yet they’ve still hired experienced coaches with play calling experience. Given the situation I’m happy. Now if only Pace can figure out how to evaluate talent on offense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He got fired in minny for not running the ball enough. Great fit for nagy
Yeah I hope he was doing out of spite with Zimmer.

Although Jax ran the ball less than the Bears this year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I hope he was doing out of spite with Zimmer.

Although Jax ran the ball less than the Bears this year.
They were much better at it though

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At some point, there’s just too many cooks in the kitchen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone expects these new hires to make Trubisky good. (At least I hope not). That being said I can look at the hires separate from Trubisky and like what they’ve done. The Bears are very much not a NFL destination job at the moment and yet they’ve still hired experienced coaches with play calling experience. Given the situation I’m happy. Now if only Pace can figure out how to evaluate talent on offense.

I get it I’m just neither happy or pissed at any of these hires. It’s all side ways moves control naggy controls the offense

but windy should be rubbing one out to this he wanted him originally hired as hc in mock draft 110005/20000178500174 a couple years ago

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
This is a good move. I like the way this staff is looking. A lot of QB guys. They’ll be able to get something out of the vet when Trubisky shits himself. They’ll also be able to develop a guy like James Morgan. Hopefully we draft him, I think he’s a good prospect and maybe against all odds Mitch’s nuts will finally drop. There’s enough guys with good pedigree in QB development to get some good play out of the QB.