Not open for further replies.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not at 32 year old QB that has never won a playoff game. Sorry.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If this happens, do we still draft a QB on the first??
fuck no, 2022plan and stick with it. we'll most likely run MS out of town by next season finale.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Put me on the record as being staunchly against this, especially if they have to give up a first round pick to get it done. A franchise QB should be capable of largely carrying a team. Stafford has had years to prove it, and several times with a pretty good supporting cast. And has never won a playoff game despite being in the NFL for over a decade. Our defense is aging and the expectation shouldn't be that they can win games with dominant performances, as long as the offense is somewhere around average, or maybe slightly better. He is better than what we have, but not worth the pick(s) and money it would take to get this done IMO.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Watson is off the table Stafford is the next best option. Giving up a 1st at 20 isn’t crazy for a solid NFL starter with tons of experience. I’d pull the trigger.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree with this. Stafford has been in the league for a decade. Them trading a first for anything but Watson or a QB in this draft would be just another pick flushed down the toilet.

Pace trading away the future for a choke artist stat stuffer loser would be pretty on point though. As Paces biggest critic, this is even worse than i would give him credit for.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Put me on the record as being staunchly against this, especially if they have to give up a first round pick to get it done. A franchise QB should be capable of largely carrying a team. Stafford has had years to prove it, and several times with a pretty good supporting cast. And has never won a playoff game despite being in the NFL for over a decade. Our defense is aging and the expectation shouldn't be that they can win games with dominant performances, as long as the offense is somewhere around average, or maybe slightly better. He is better than what we have, but not worth the pick(s) and money it would take to get this done IMO.
can we get a better qb than stafford? Maybe he is plan B

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Amazing the amount of bitching that goes on around here whenever there is a QB trade rumor.

Let's just trade for Mahomes so people don't go on their damn period.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
can we get a better qb than stafford? Maybe he is plan B
Probably not unless Pace happens to get lucky af in the draft, and not holding my breath on that one. Good evalutor for mid round talent, but I'd trust myself blindfolded throwing a dart at a list of names over his ability to evaluate QB talent in the early rounds.

Even if this is the case, it still doesn't justify mortgaging the future for the likes of Matthew Stafford. IMO.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if it’s a 2nd and 3rd or 4th next year and they take Foles also? They need someone to take the lumps during a rebuild while they develop their next QB.

Just spit balling here but that would free up a spot for a young QB that could sit behind Stafford for a couple years.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Pace doesn’t do himself any favors by continually having his name associated with even thinking about these stupid options.
Desperate and dumb is a bad place to be.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If Watson is off the table Stafford is the next best option. Giving up a 1st at 20 isn’t crazy for a solid NFL starter with tons of experience. I’d pull the trigger.
if that’s all it took, then yes

Status
Not open for further replies.