Bears made Seattle an offer they can't refuse...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'm ok with 5 1sts if we keep the rest

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Could be 10 firsts the question is how do you make it work cap wise? Bears would need to send Foles at the minimum.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The 5 1st rd picks are obviously 3 1sts plus Mack, who is worth 2 1sts...

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade away a ton if first and second round picks, better sign Pace long term as he is one of the better rounds 3-6 draft evaluators in the NFL.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The 5 1st rd picks are obviously 3 1sts plus Mack, who is worth 2 1sts...

Mack is not worth two 1sts. Bears traded two firsts for him but also got back a 2nd. Add in that Mack hasn’t looked like a world beater the last two seasons. He’s been very good, but not a hall of fame type level of dominance the bears thought they were getting. He’s worth 1 1st, IMO

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
i’m curious about how y’all feel about this. i was talking to my buddy about the Bears trading for Wilson and he pointed out hes 32 and Pace would probably over pay. i came up with the obvious response of “well yeah but look at rodgers and brady they’re 37 and 43”. i was not expecting the response of “yeah but wilson has been hit a lot more than both of them”. This bother you enough to think twice about the move?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Give them 17 first round picks, 12 Taco Bell Tacos and 5 Matt Nagy visors. Deal!

Give Wilson lifetime skybox season pass to Wrigley Field. He is a lifelong Cub fan! Send him every Cub souvenir imaginable! Beanie Babies, hats, uniforms, cleats, used jocks, grass turf, everything!

DONE DEAL

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
i’m curious about how y’all feel about this. i was talking to my buddy about the Bears trading for Wilson and he pointed out hes 32 and Pace would probably over pay. i came up with the obvious response of “well yeah but look at rodgers and brady they’re 37 and 43”. i was not expecting the response of “yeah but wilson has been hit a lot more than both of them”. This bother you enough to think twice about the move?

Definitely something to consider but I think he has at least 4 years of prime play. Maybe even 5-6. I think 4 years is a safe prediction. That would make it worth it for me. 4 years of a legit SB window sign me up

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade away a ton if first and second round picks, better sign Pace long term as he is one of the better rounds 3-6 draft evaluators in the NFL.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I do not believe a trade for Wilson will include more than two 1st rd picks. It will include other high picks but I do not see three 1st rd picks because of his age. I could see the 1st rd picks being future picks in 2022 and 2023 with the Bears hanging on to their 1st rd pick this year or hanging on to their 2nd rd pick this year if they trade away this years 1st rd pick.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I do not believe a trade for Wilson will include more than two 1st rd picks. It will include other high picks but I do not see three 1st rd picks because of his age. I could see the 1st rd picks being future picks in 2022 and 2023 with the Bears hanging on to their 1st rd pick this year or hanging on to their 2nd rd pick this year if they trade away this years 1st rd pick.
didnt matthew stafford just go for 3 1st round picks though? he’s older than wilson and i wouldn’t consider him as good as wilson either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

This post should go over really well...LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You needed Wilson being 32 pointed out to you?

Liked Posts:
didnt matthew stafford just go for 3 1st round picks though? he’s older than wilson and i wouldn’t consider him as good as wilson either.
No, the reason they got the 3rd pick was to take Goff and his salary back.

what I don’t understand with Colin’s take however is how exactly the bears would give back 5 first rounders when you are not allowed to trade more than 3?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You needed Wilson being 32 pointed out to you?
no that he might not be as good in the twilight stage of his career because 1) he’s been hit way more and 2) he relies on his mobility a lot more. That means wilson will eventually need to become a pocket passer with a solid offensive line. the cost of acquiring wilson will make that a lot harder.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No, the reason they got the 3rd pick was to take Goff and his salary back.

what I don’t understand with Colin’s take however is how exactly the bears would give back 5 first rounders when you are not allowed to trade more than 3?
he’s just making shit up with that. they can’t give more than 4, but i do believe pace would be willing to put together a huge haul.