Bears made Seattle an offer they can't refuse...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
didnt matthew stafford just go for 3 1st round picks though? he’s older than wilson and i wouldn’t consider him as good as wilson either.

Goff
2022 1st
2023 1st
2021 3rd

And either the 2023 1st or 2021 3rd was for the Lions taking on Goff and his contract imo.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
They'd have to trade the #20 this year. Could certainly get a T in the 2nd. Less guarantee he'd be plug n play starter though. Need 2 new Tackles to be legit though. Unless skate w/ Ifedi at RT for a year, rookie at LT?
I'm guessing we go with Ifedi/Bars this year if we draft a LT. That or rookie starts on right side year 1 and we keep Leno for another year.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you are gonna waste draft capital why not get a younger quarterback? Wilson probably won’t play for 5 more years at a high level.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you are gonna waste draft capital why not get a younger quarterback? Wilson probably won’t play for 5 more years at a high level.

I could see Wilson playing for between 5 to 8 more years at a high level.

The reason is pace and Matt are trying to save their jobs now.

Having Wilson buys them time.

there is no quarterback in this draft or available in free agency that will be as good as Russell Wilson will be next year.

The closest you could get is trading for deshaun Watson but everything right now sounds like Houston is not interested in trading him.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do you think that? He has no injury history and is in fantastic shape. Obviously he is going to lose his speed, but that might not be a problem at all. Rodgers lost his speed and one could argue that he is actually better now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why do you think that? He has no injury history and is in fantastic shape. Obviously he is going to lose his speed, but that might not be a problem at all. Rodgers lost his speed and one could argue that he is actually better now.

Yup.

Wilson throws the prettiest deep ball in the NFL.

Him getting older won't change that.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Based on what?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Based on what?

Literally if anything we have a ton of evidence now that elite qb's can play into their 40's nowadays.

Wilson won't have the same athleticism, but I heavily doubt his arm will take a massive hit with the way he takes care of himself.

If we trade for him I have no doubt he will play for the bears until 2030 barring injuries, obviously.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rapoport and Graziano on their TV hits this AM made it seem very unlikely the Bears are going to land Russell Wilson.

Might be time to move on to more realistic options.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What other options? No other trade options right now. And the FA QBs won’t be flying off the shelf. Draft is a long time away.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What other options? No other trade options right now. And the FA QBs won’t be flying off the shelf. Draft is a long time away.
Potentially if you could get minshew cheap, he wouldn't likely effect the draft capital it would take to get Wilson/Watson if that ever developed and is cheap enough to not impact that cap wise either. Gives a fallback plan and a starting option to bridge if they end up with Lance.

I dont love the option but it is realistic

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
There aren't any good realistic options, thats why everyone lives in the 2W fantasy world.
If they did get Minshew, it would be based on a Flip endorsement fwiw.
His stats aren't bad, 33/9 td/int as a starter. 18/4 when Flip was there, 15/5 in 2020.
Plus you'd probably still have your 1st and 2nd round picks. I'd get a tackle rd 1 and wr rd 2. It'd put the offense in pretty good position once you finally find a qb

Visionman

Liked Posts:
And I doubt Minshew is going anywhere in the next week. So we aren’t in a rush.