Bears Make Cap Moves

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just by guessing and looking at these numbers looks like they have 4m in space after 23m in free up and santos' contract

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And a giant gaping hole in our defense. Ya'll seriously undervalue what he brings to this team.

Bilal Nichols.

Sorry, but not buying the gaping hole excuse with Bilal showing things as an up and comer.

And we already lived through the whole gaping hole in the defense thing - We didn't have Goldman last year and teams rammed it up the middle on us.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why everyone wants to release Hicks is beyond me...
I don't think anyone wants to release Hicks, but can you offer a more rational cut that saves even close to as much money?
If he has 1 more above average year left in him I would be surprised.
He fell off considerable last season vs his 1st 3 as a Bear and at 32 and 325#'s realistically what does he have left in the tank?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
something will happen by Monday/Tuesday....

either trade for one of the big Ws or resign Trubisky....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone wants to release Hicks, but can you offer a more rational cut that saves even close to as much money?
If he has 1 more above average year left in him I would be surprised.
He fell off considerable last season vs his 1st 3 as a Bear and at 32 and 325#'s realistically what does he have left in the tank?

Jimmy Graham

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
something will happen by Monday/Tuesday....

either trade for one of the big Ws or resign Trubisky....
Man...that’s a brutal falloff. From wilwat to the biscuit. Lmao

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jimmy Graham
Close $7M vs $10.5 savings. Also more dead money($3M vs$1.5M) with JG. But I think JG is gone and with little fan regret. AH will be a tough one to swallow, but realistically, him making more than $5-6M is not good business.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look, not saying Nichols is as good as Hicks at his best. But Hicks isn't as good as Hicks at his best. The miles are showing, and Bilal has shown some flashes...

You need more than one good dline. And RRH is already going to be lost in free agency most likely.

Hicks, Nichols and Goldman need to stay.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You need more than one good dline. And RRH is already going to be lost in free agency most likely.

They can sign Edwards, Urban and another decent FA, or RRH if they wanted, for less than Hicks' cap hit this year.

And as many people have mentioned extending Hicks is very risky.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm. I remember someone mentioning that if a trade for Russell Wilson would have happened we would see a flurry of contract restructuring by the Bears...
They were over the cap, now they are bearing treading water with enough space for the rookie pool.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Close $7M vs $10.5 savings. Also more dead money($3M vs$1.5M) with JG. But I think JG is gone and with little fan regret. AH will be a tough one to swallow, but realistically, him making more than $5-6M is not good business.

I again say...... I think many of you clearly undervalue Hicks. I'm predicting a one year extention to lower his cap hit. I will die on this hill until proven wrong. Feel free to bump and rub it in my face if I'm wrong.

(although IF the Bears do make a QB trade then anyone is on the table. But that's fine for a Watson or Russ type of player)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Likely would be a draft pick I'd thing at that spot, or some free agent signings.

I suppose we just have to see how it all plays out.