Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I again say...... I think many of you clearly undervalue Hicks. I'm predicting a one year extention to lower his cap hit. I will die on this hill until proven wrong. Feel free to bump and rub it in my face if I'm wrong.

(although IF the Bears do make a QB trade then anyone is on the table. But that's fine for a Watson or Russ type of player)
I think this discussion about Hicks is all under the assumption they are going to make a big cap hit acquisition. You don't cut Hicks to just have cap space. These moves they have made were going to happen regardless, but to acquire W/W, some fat will need to be trimmed and Hicks at $12M is fat.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daf fuk that come from?

Because I don't think the options past Wilson or Watson are viewed as better than Trubisky....

These aren't really my personal opinions on what should happen. I'm not sure Darnold, Mariota or Brister does anything for Pace/Nagy to not re-sign Trubisky

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I again say...... I think many of you clearly undervalue Hicks. I'm predicting a one year extention to lower his cap hit. I will die on this hill until proven wrong. Feel free to bump and rub it in my face if I'm wrong.

(although IF the Bears do make a QB trade then anyone is on the table. But that's fine for a Watson or Russ type of player)
I wouldn’t be saying you’re wrong, just that I think there’s a lot of question marks with him that didn’t exist a few years ago.

As I said, moving on a year early in my view is much better than a year too late. If you end up extending him and paying him, he continues to get hurt like he has been, you’d have been better off with the cap saving.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Why everyone wants to release Hicks is beyond me...

Please don't read any sarcasm into my response...but the reason is he has a huge cap hit (and cutting him will create significant cap savings) and he showed noticeable signs of decline as the season progressed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They can sign Edwards, Urban and another decent FA, or RRH if they wanted, for less than Hicks' cap hit this year.

And as many people have mentioned extending Hicks is very risky.

Calm down guys i just saw Windy hard at it working on his next mock.
200.gif

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because I don't think the options past Wilson or Watson are viewed as better than Trubisky....

These aren't really my personal opinions on what should happen. I'm not sure Darnold, Mariota or Brister does anything for Pace/Nagy to not re-sign Trubisky
It's not an easy pill for fans to swallow but the reality is that Trubs is a fallback option better than most FAs.

I was looking at NFL.com FA rankings and couldn't believe he was listed at 101. Yes, he's a marginal starter but every FA on the market is a backup / borderline starter at best. In the right system (obviously not ours with Nagy here), Trubs could still have upside.

I'd like to move on but not if its for dogshit. The position could get so much worse.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Fucking stupid to pay Allen Robinson II $18,000,000 for one season. Good player, not worth ten percent of the Bears salary cap. Something hast to give there.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not an easy pill for fans to swallow but the reality is that Trubs is a fallback option better than most FAs.

I was looking at NFL.com FA rankings and couldn't believe he was listed at 101. Yes, he's a marginal starter but every FA on the market is a backup / borderline starter at best. In the right system (obviously not ours with Nagy here), Trubs could still have upside.

I'd like to move on but not if its for dogshit. The position could get so much worse.
Seems like it would have to come with some serious work to try to move up in the draft and an attempt at getting one of the top 5 qb’s. Wonder if he’s willing to endure that scrutiny in Chicago. Obviously his replacement would be most popular guy in town.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm. I remember someone mentioning that if a trade for Russell Wilson would have happened we would see a flurry of contract restructuring by the Bears...
They have to do that to avoid cutting players
Bilal Nichols.

Sorry, but not buying the gaping hole excuse with Bilal showing things as an up and comer.

And we already lived through the whole gaping hole in the defense thing - We didn't have Goldman last year and teams rammed it up the middle on us.

lol Nichols I’d not gonna replace Hicks

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Fucking stupid to pay Allen Robinson II $18,000,000 for one season. Good player, not worth ten percent of the Bears salary cap. Something hast to give there.

bears do allot dumber shit than pay robinson 18 mil. Rather have him at 18 mil then have 18 mil in pace pocket that he will squander on a bum like glennon

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Why everyone wants to release Hicks is beyond me...
Because there’ll be about half a billion dollars tied into the D Line already when Nichols gets paid, and he’s not getting younger. Nows the time to get something from him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hmmm. I remember someone mentioning that if a trade for Russell Wilson would have happened we would see a flurry of contract restructuring by the Bears...
big time #CALLEDIT

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like it would have to come with some serious work to try to move up in the draft and an attempt at getting one of the top 5 qb’s. Wonder if he’s willing to endure that scrutiny in Chicago. Obviously his replacement would be most popular guy in town.
I think Mitch is a standup guy. If this was his only option to start, I don’t think he would have hard feelings. I do think it’s more likely he moves on though. SF would be a good landing spot with Jimmy G on uncertain ground as starter.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If players are involved in a QB trade, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nichols was one and Daniels another. Fuller isn’t young or cheap but he plays a premium position and his cap number wouldn’t be bad.

I don’t think Hicks will be traded or cut.