Bears Make Cap Moves

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where is Hicks at on his contract? I'd see extending one more year as a reasonably safe option. He's still pretty good, but not a great long extension candidate given his size & age IMO. Hopefully his time missed allows for longer career value.

Hicks is also a big voiced captain of the D, but can't get stuck with another Travathan type extension.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing sad is you’re on a bears board and can’t let Hal have his shine. Classic troll move.
For a guy that claimed he was done responding to me, you sure seem genuinely interested in doing the opposite.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
CCS: "WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB!!!!!111"
[Bears trade everything for Russell Wilson]
[Wilson plays for 5 years and leave the Bears unable to draft anyone]

WELL PLAYED YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE

According to CCS Pace cabt draft in the first round anyways. Might as well get something in return for those picks then, right?

Plus, Pace be drafting those golden nuggets all through the mid to late round picks

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For a guy that claimed he was done responding to me, you sure seem genuinely interested in doing the opposite.
I planned on it but then you decided to start downplaying a big time #CALLEDIT. We don’t play that around here, especially from fans of the worst team in sports.

no wonder you’re so angry. Unless you’re elderly, you’ve never seen your team win a playoff game. Ouch. Maybe I should be nicer

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In other news, it has been reported that if the sun comes up tomorrow, it is further proof the Bears are in serious negotiations with the Seahawks over acquiring RW.

RW McQuarters

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Hal9000 give me lotto numbers. I want to buy the lions and give them their first competent GM

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
It's not an easy pill for fans to swallow but the reality is that Trubs is a fallback option better than most FAs.

I was looking at NFL.com FA rankings and couldn't believe he was listed at 101. Yes, he's a marginal starter but every FA on the market is a backup / borderline starter at best. In the right system (obviously not ours with Nagy here), Trubs could still have upside.

I'd like to move on but not if its for dogshit. The position could get so much worse.

Trubisky is not returning to the Chicago Bears in any capacity in 2021 or probably ever.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I planned on it but then you decided to start downplaying a big time #CALLEDIT. We don’t play that around here, especially from fans of the worst team in sports.

no wonder you’re so angry. Unless you’re elderly, you’ve never seen your team win a playoff game. Ouch. Maybe I should be nicer
big time called it.
FFS, as if they had a choice.
Continue to grasp at straws, it is most amusing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
big time called it.
FFS, as if they had a choice.
Continue to grasp at straws, it is most amusing.
Imagine being such a loser you can’t let someone be right.
Miserable person.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You can't be nice, you make fun of mentally challenged people and think it's cool...SMDH.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can't be nice, you make fun of mentally challenged people and think it's cool...SMDH.
I only make fun of really rude and dumb mentally challenged people like @TheWinman.

but thanks for the vote of confidence, homophobe who cons people out of their fantasy money.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Why everyone wants to release Hicks is beyond me...
Been hurt the last two years, was less and less effective from 2018 when he was on the field. Big cap cut if he walks.

Not sure everyone WANTS him to go, it just makes sense.

mecha

Liked Posts:
So he’s gonna play for 5 years and the bears still won’t have pics?
The anti-trade for a proven franchise QB crowd sure do love hyperbole today

don't be a bad guy. I'm just saying what do you get out of a used player, and giving up capital and talent to acquire them, for a limited time? to say DERP WE GOT US A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK FINALLY.

I understand the children in the college ranks now aren't what they were 20 years ago, but I still find better value in just drafting your own player and coach them up. even if you trade up in the draft you take less penalty vs. convincing a team to take a trade deal for a guy that's entering season 10 of their career. it's not like the Bears are built for an elite quarterback anyway, so those 5 years you get from him, it's going to be the usual half-baked garbage that we're all certainly used to by now.

same applies to Watson, even though he has half the time on the odometer. but I guess you could argue both guys are playing with shit on their respective teams already, so maybe it works. is it worth that gamble?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
View attachment 10698
Had to look it up because your response confused me. Here I was all this these years thinking you don't understand what a GMs job is and as it turns out, you're mentally challenged too.
what-does-it-mean-to-be-triggered-4175432_V1-d89a818af7dd4f8cb9e39676b879834a.gif