Bears make offer to buy Arlington Park

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's a retractable roof the snow games can go either way. Like for instance a playoff game is happening with a warm weather team coming in. Bears leave roof open for duh weather. Now if a team like the Packers are coming in they have the option to close the roof, especially if the Bears think they have the speed advantage in a climate controlled indoor stadium effect.
I don't think that's the general idea of a retractable roof. You wouldn't have a retractable roof on your house open to let the snow into your living room for the one or two times you decide it's too your advantage in a conversation with a guest that's coming over. I would venture to guess that it's much the same with a stadium and it would therefore be built to assume that little rain/snow will be getting in there cause the stadium has the ability to keep it out.

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
imo football is an outdoor game and should be played in all climates. The sloppy games are part of the fun.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
imo football is an outdoor game and should be played in all climates. The sloppy games are part of the fun.
I can get that, but the the trend toward offense, I think that view is dying out.

Canth

Liked Posts:
From a pure injury perspective, is there an advantage to the retractable roof? Ie, without exposing the field to the elements, you can keep the field in better condition, then the players have better footing and less prone to injuries.

I guess the better field condition in general is one that I find intriguing with a new stadium. And if they can translate the speed they want to the field for the entire year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Snow games are awesome though and one of the things that makes Bears football unique. Just because we've sucked, historically, in all types of weather, is no justification to get rid of a cool aspect of football that's already quickly disappearing from the league.
They can play those in Green Bay.....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can get that, but the the trend toward offense, I think that view is dying out.
For the first time kickers will love playing in Chicago.....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol the team isn't moving to Peoria..... it's Arlington Heights. It's really not that far.
It's about 10 miles closer to Soldier Field than Lake Forest is.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Seems there isn't really anything special about "Bears weather, " just another type of weather, sub freezing, where the Bears suck.

According to Pro Football Reference’s Play Index, the Bears are 46-48-1 when the temperature is at or below the freezing mark since the 1960 season.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol don't they always claim to have inside info on trades and signings? Then they got blindsided by this news, that's entertaining.
They sound pretty clueless. I mean they mention the Super Bowl and the Final Four but an enclosed facility will be much more than the NFL and sports. It could literally make Chicago the central hub of the nation again.....National Party conventions as well as tons of different business conventions would surely be on tap. I mean the city is right in the middle for easy access plus coming in from O'Hare will much easier than fighting traffic into downtown Chicago. Hotel/restaurant havens like Rosemont will be loving this....plus the Arlington site is so large that hotels and restaurants will be on the docket around the stadium. There will certainly be a boost in jobs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
5dsdvc.jpg

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Seems there isn't really anything special about "Bears weather, " just another type of weather, sub freezing, where the Bears suck.

According to Pro Football Reference’s Play Index, the Bears are 46-48-1 when the temperature is at or below the freezing mark since the 1960 season.

Eh, not the point. Bears generally have sucked in all weather conditions since 1960 . Get gud noobs.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Eh, not the point. Bears generally have sucked in all weather conditions since 1960 . Get gud noobs.
And sloppy weather games suck if you aren't 14 playing 2 hand touch. Nothing says fun like watching a 10-6 game with 157 yards passing.
But the Madden mud and grass in the facemask is such a fresh take. Never gets old.?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
And sloppy weather games suck if you aren't 14 playing 2 hand touch. Nothing says fun like watching a 10-6 game with 157 yards passing.
But the Madden mud and grass in the facemask is such a fresh take. Never gets old.?

I guess that depends on what you consider fun; do you also enjoy NBA games with final scores of 152-146?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I guess that depends on what you consider fun; do you also enjoy NBA games with final scores of 152-146?
Haven't watched an NBA game in 20 yrs, but if I did I wouldn't enjoy it if they decided to take up the court and play on the Blackhawk's ice.

Playing in shitty conditions is not the opposite of playing without defense.

Last edited: