Bears make offer to buy Arlington Park

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mayor said "worry about beating the Packers first". lol

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nice drop by the mayor to erroneously scare Bears fans into thinking they’d no longer be known as the “Chicago Bears” if they moved to the burbs.

I must have forgotten about:

the East Rutherford Jets
the East Rutherford Giants
the San Jose 49ers
the Foxborough Patriots
the Inglewood Rams
the Inglewood Chargers
the Arlington Cowboys
the Landover Football Team
the Paradise Raiders
the Orchard Park Bills
and
the Miami Gardens Dolphins.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Nice drop by the mayor to erroneously scare Bears fans into thinking they’d no longer be known as the “Chicago Bears” if they moved to the burbs.

the East Rutherford Jets
the San Jose 49ers
the Foxborough Patriots
the Inglewood Rams
the Inglewood Chargers
the Arlington Cowboys
the Paradise Raiders
the Orchard Park Bills
and

Arlington Bears..

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Its a hell of a lot closer to Lake Forest than Soldier field is. I'm not a huge fan of Arlington Heights the suburb (although Mitsuwa is nice) but if they build nice new stadium with actual space to park then thats a draw. Have to imagine the move might almost kill the tailgating scene.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
.... I think you mean the Cardinals. The Chicago Cardinals existed but the Chicago Rams, no
The St. Louis Rams is who I was referring to because the fans in the southern part of Illinois could cheer them on. The poster wanted a new stadium built in souther Illinois for a team he could cheer for

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A monster of a stadium nicknamed Halas World!!! I would love it!
They should name it Walter's World to honor Sweetness and piss off Grisom

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Its a hell of a lot closer to Lake Forest than Soldier field is. I'm not a huge fan of Arlington Heights the suburb (although Mitsuwa is nice) but if they build nice new stadium with actual space to park then thats a draw. Have to imagine the move might almost kill the tailgating scene.
No way.

If anything, it'll improve the tailgating scene because you won't be walking three miles trying to duck in an alley really quick to piss.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The St. Louis Rams is who I was referring to because the fans in the southern part of Illinois could cheer them on. The poster wanted a new stadium built in souther Illinois for a team he could cheer for

I'm not gonna cheer for them, I just think it's shitty that Springfielders have to spend 7 hours on the road just to attend a Bears game. Carbondalers have to travel 11 hours.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

the East Rutherford Jets
the San Jose 49ers
the Foxborough Patriots
the Inglewood Rams
the Inglewood Chargers
the Arlington Cowboys
the Paradise Raiders
the Orchard Park Bills
and

Update your profile pic ffs you cringy ol racist Wench. You're not woke for wearing a mask in it. That's sum Biden type shit.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Congratulations Bears. As someone from Lake County Indiana I can tell you that you have officially conceded all of Indiana to the Colts. Even though I moved away years ago, I’ve always been able to answer the countless idiots who asked “why aren’t you a Colts fan if you’re from Indiana” by responding “because I grew up 30 minutes from Soldier Field and 2 and a half hours from Trump humping red neck park or wherever the fuck the inbred Colts play.” Now that the Bears are moving like 100 miles from the Indiana border my rationale is gone, and so is 10% of Chicagoland.
If you are willing to switch your allegiance of teams over this then you were never really a fan. BYE! Most NW Indiana Bears fans will still be Bears fans

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This shows how the Bears ownership about Chicago, or Bears fans that live in the city and fill their seats. They are showing themselves to be moneygrubbers interested in their pocketbooks rather than operating a team with a history in the city that helped make the Bears what they are. I became a Bears fan in 1964, I will stop being a Bears the day they leave the city...I know I am in the minority so don't pile on.
Bye homie

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm not gonna cheer for them, I just think it's shitty that Springfielders have to spend 7 hours on the road just to attend a Bears game. Carbondalers have to travel 11 hours.

I guess you have something in common with everybody that lives in a state that has a NFL football team.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I bet most fans want it. They could fill a 200k seat stadium with Justin Fields becoming a beast.
Justin would be on his 3rd contract before he would get to play in a new stadium…

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you are willing to switch your allegiance of teams over this then you were never really a fan. BYE! Most NW Indiana Bears fans will still be Bears fans
And we will always be Bear fans

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It’s a historical site
It was an historical site, the abortion of a renovation stripped it of that status. The bitching should be about why they fucked up and destroyed a national historic landmark to keep the Bears within the city limits and didn't do this 18 years ago when they proposed dropping that futuristic spacecraft inside a 100 AD Colosseum style stadium.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is really no reason to use taxpayer money to build an NFL stadium. Any NFL team can easily get loans or private investors to fund a stadium.

All the goverment should be willing to do is maybe offer tax concessions and or build infrastructure such as roadworks, parking, or transportion projects to make getting to the stadium easier and ensure there is sufficient parking.