Bears meet with Braxton Miller

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I noted that too, UDFAs as well.

I guess that tells us about their confidence level in the WR depth on the team.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Braxton Miller this year's Tyler Lockett? Just might be.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I noted that too, UDFAs as well.

I guess that tells us about their confidence level in the WR depth on the team.

It's kind of amazing what happens to the depth at a position when you trade away your best player. Now the front office is looking for the next Brandon Marshall, minus the cancer.

I really hope Pace stops causing his own problems.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
It's kind of amazing what happens to the depth at a position when you trade away your best player. Now the front office is looking for the next Brandon Marshall, minus the cancer.

I really hope Pace stops causing his own problems.

I get that Brandon Marshall was awesome. Yes, I miss his play as well.

However, we were not in the locker room. We don't know how that affects a team, how it affects building what's needed to make a run at the Superbowl.

What we have is a Head Coach who has build 2 teams from nothing to being Superbowl contenders in his coaching tenure. Whatever you want to bitch about, you can't take away that he's done it, twice, on 2 different teams.

And now he's here, and HE determined he did not want Brandon Marshall's brand of "leadership" on the team.

No one is denying Brandon's talent. But all the bitching won't take away that John Fox likely knows a hell of a lot more about what types of players it takes to win playoff games and get to the Superbowl than you or anyone else bitching about showing Brandon the door do.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The Bears would have won 8 or nine games with Marshall this year. Next year they could have made a legit playoff push with him.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Anyway, back to Braxton - seems like an interesting prospect. Not a ton of production, but he was a QB up until his senior year based on the scouting report I read.

Per Walterfootball:

Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2015): 3-4.
1/9/15: Miller had 26 catches for 341 yards and three scores in 2015. As a runner, the former quarterback recorded 260 yards on 42 carries and a score. Miller has displayed some natural hands with the speed, athleticism and explosion to get separation. He showed that his speed and athleticism make him a legitimate prospect as a receiver and runner.

Miller was phenomenal against Virginia Tech with six carries for 62 yards, including a 53-yard touchdown run. As a receiver, he had two receptions for 78 yards with a 54-yard score. In speaking with sources, that tape really excited scouts about his NFL potential as a mismatch weapon.

8/10/15: Miller is said to be moving to wide receiver as a senior, which is better for his NFL hopes as he didn't project as a pocket passer. Miller was out for the season in 2014 with a shoulder injury to his throwing arm. Miller previously had offseason surgery to the same shoulder before the re-injury during last season's fall practice. In 2013, Miller completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,094 yards, 24 touchdowns and seven interceptions. His passing skills were somewhat improved, but he still had a long ways to go for the pros, hence his move to receiver. Miller rumbled for 1,283 yards and 12 touchdowns on the ground that season.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php#LmqxjfFHPruHSIzz.99

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bears already have a converted QB on their roster. Miller would have to be late round to make sense as a draft pick.

Edit: Make that two including the TE.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
In addition, Bears met with Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins, and Oklahoma's OLB Eric Striker.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 3h3 hours ago
#Bears are meeting with @UofLFootball DL Sheldon Rankins and holy cow does he look like a beast in person.

#Bears scouts going IN-DEPTH w/ #Sooners OLB Eric Striker - having him diagram defenses and stuff beyond the normal scope of these meetings.

EDIT: Also add in these guys. Never heard of Ganus 'til now.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 55m55 minutes ago
#Bears and #Panthers met with #Baylor OL Spencer Drango last night.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 2h2 hours ago
#Bears going off for meeting with #UGA LB Jake Ganus.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I think Morgan burns is this years Tyler locker as far as return ability goes.

Liked Posts:
In addition, Bears met with Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins, and Oklahoma's OLB Eric Striker.

#Bears are meeting with @UofLFootball DL Sheldon Rankins and holy cow does he look like a beast in person.

#Bears scouts going IN-DEPTH w/ #Sooners OLB Eric Striker - having him diagram defenses and stuff beyond the normal scope of these meetings.

EDIT: Also add in these guys. Never heard of Ganus 'til now.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 55m55 minutes ago
#Bears and #Panthers met with #Baylor OL Spencer Drango last night.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 2h2 hours ago
#Bears going off for meeting with #UGA LB Jake Ganus.

Interesting...Rankins is probably a first rounder and has gained a ton of traction recently. Could possibly be a fit at 11. I like Striker in the middle rounds. Drango could be a possible 2nd round guy for the Bears.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Cameron Meredith part 2

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Interesting to see who the Bears are focusing in on.

Rankins thus far seems like someone to get excited for.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ganus was solid at Georgia. Striker is intriguing. Small hybrid lb prospect with talent.