Bears meet with Braxton Miller

Bearmacist

Liked Posts:
Fox has a history of taking OLBs and converting them into ILBs in his defense.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Randall Cobb did it.....Dont see why Miller cant do it. He has the talent.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
In addition, Bears met with Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins, and Oklahoma's OLB Eric Striker.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 3h3 hours ago
#Bears are meeting with @UofLFootball DL Sheldon Rankins and holy cow does he look like a beast in person.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 3h3 hours ago
#Bears scouts going IN-DEPTH w/ #Sooners OLB Eric Striker - having him diagram defenses and stuff beyond the normal scope of these meetings.

EDIT: Also add in these guys. Never heard of Ganus 'til now.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 55m55 minutes ago
#Bears and #Panthers met with #Baylor OL Spencer Drango last night.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 2h2 hours ago
#Bears going off for meeting with #UGA LB Jake Ganus.

Rankins is really interesting. He got a Kawaan Short comparison, but he actually reminds me a lot of Will Sutton as a JR at Arizona St. But he's about the size that Sutton is now. Obviously, can't make much of a determination based on 1 meeting with 1 player, but I was going into this offseason looking to see what types of players the Bears would look at for the DL. I think the assumption is that they need/want a long 6'5" prototypical 5-technique, but the Bears played so much nickel last year that I've wondered if more of a 3-technique, pass rushing threat would be what they went after.

I know the run D wasn't good and the pass D wasn't as bad as it could have been, but the Bears clearly need more pass rush, especially on the interior. Ideally, they'd get someone that's great at both, but there may not be that guy in the draft. Buckner's the long 5. Guys like Rankins are the pass rushers inside. I wonder if the Bears may go more for a "passable" DE in base downs, but who can get after the QB in the nickel.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think Braxton Miller would be a very underrated pick for the Bears. He was a good quarterback but unfortunately missed all of 2014 and came back as a WR/RB for 2015. Good athlete.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm noticing a lot of Mariani hate, as well as talk for the need for a KR. How has everyone forgotten Deonte Thompson?

He tore it up when he got the reps.

I think that the returners are fine.so is the kicking game. blocking and coverage are the two major problems with special teams.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Striker would be a great add to the defense. The guy is so hard to block

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
don't take these prospect visits likely the bears only drafted one from last year its all smoke and mirror

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sounds like we wanta new slot guy? Cutting Eddie Royal and Wilson?

200_s.gif

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I liked Marshall but he was too much of a mouthpiece. We need players that play hard, want to win, and shut their mouths and do as they're told.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
don't take these prospect visits likely the bears only drafted one from last year its all smoke and mirror

They did draft Langford and Amos from the Senior Bowl though. Also, these aren't visits. These are meetings in Mobile, Alabama. The visits come after the combine when players come to the Bears facility to workout, interview, etc.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
They did draft Langford and Amos from the Senior Bowl though. Also, these aren't visits. These are meetings in Mobile, Alabama. The visits come after the combine when players come to the Bears facility to workout, interview, etc.
right however what we know from last year to this year the bears only interviewed White from the combine. The pro days are different though I am just making a point that the bears are probably not going to draft these players from what they have done since Pace became GM.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
right however what we know from last year to this year the bears only interviewed White from the combine. The pro days are different though I am just making a point that the bears are probably not going to draft these players from what they have done since Pace became GM.

But teams talk to most players at some point at the Senior Bowl. And of the 100+ guys there, it's a good chance the Bears draft someone that will play in this game.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
But teams talk to most players at some point at the Senior Bowl. And of the 100+ guys there, it's a good chance the Bears draft someone that will play in this game.
yes they do I am sure but we wont know who from the list that is out from who they really have in mind. like is said its all a smoke screen

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 23h23 hours ago
Northwestern RB Dan Vitale (Wheaton Warrenville South) had a long conversation with a #Bears scout at the Senior Bowl.

How would you all feel about drafting a fullback? Given how much Fox loves to run the ball, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world; he's projected in the 6th round. Vitale is very skilled and versatile: can block out in the backfield, the slot, run crisp routes, good hands, etc. They liked to call his role as a "superback" in Northwestern's offense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 23h23 hours ago
Northwestern RB Dan Vitale (Wheaton Warrenville South) had a long conversation with a #Bears scout at the Senior Bowl.

How would you all feel about drafting a fullback? Given how much Fox loves to run the ball, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world; he's projected in the 6th round. Vitale is very skilled and versatile: can block out in the backfield, the slot, run crisp routes, good hands, etc. They liked to call his role as a "superback" in Northwestern's offense.

I was very fond of our previous "ultraback." Would be exciting to have a "superback."