Bears meet with Braxton Miller

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon Ledyard (@LeyardNFLDraft): Bears really interested in Joshua Garnett here. One scout just nabbed his phone number, said they'd be in touch.

Oh please be true....he'd walk in and start at RG for the Bears immediately. Time will tell what round he goes as this week unfolds and workouts take place....but I love him in RD 3 and wouldn't hate him in RD 2.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 23h23 hours ago
Northwestern RB Dan Vitale (Wheaton Warrenville South) had a long conversation with a #Bears scout at the Senior Bowl.

How would you all feel about drafting a fullback? Given how much Fox loves to run the ball, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world; he's projected in the 6th round. Vitale is very skilled and versatile: can block out in the backfield, the slot, run crisp routes, good hands, etc. They liked to call his role as a "superback" in Northwestern's offense.

As an undrafted FA to come in and compete for a spot? Sure.

Nothing more than that, though as our offense would rather sport 3 TEs before they'd ever play a FB.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
All reports are that Miller has been flat out dominate, and is far and beyond more polished at WR than anyone was expecting.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
All reports are that Miller has been flat out dominate, and is far and beyond more polished at WR than anyone was expecting.

He looked great in the 1 on 1s yesterday. Super twitchy and athletic he was dropping guys on his breaks.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Looking pretty darn good in the game as well. Forget about picking this guy up as a late round flier.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
We don't need to spend a 2nd or even a 3rd on this guy, he may even go higher.

I say pass there will be talent later in the draft at wr

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Matt Miller has been very high on Braxton.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears already have a converted QB on their roster. Miller would have to be late round to make sense as a draft pick.

Edit: Make that two including the TE.

Randle El, Edelman, Hines Ward, Sanu...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's kind of amazing what happens to the depth at a position when you trade away your best player. Now the front office is looking for the next Brandon Marshall, minus the cancer.

I really hope Pace stops causing his own problems.

I thought causing problems is what started the whole thing.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Randle El, Edelman, Hines Ward, Sanu...

Randle El - 2nd Rd
Edelman - 7th Rd
Ward - was a WR/All-purpose for the University of Georgia. PLayed a bit of QB as a sophomore. IOW, not a QB
Sanu- was a WR at Rutgers. Not a QB.

So what we have here is a crap shoot. Miller looked OK for OSU as a WR this season, but it takes even good QB's time to learn a new position. Miller looked really good in Senior Bowl practices. Game time? I didn't see anything that made me want to spend anything earlier than a 4th/5th. That said, I expect Meredith to be better this season, just as I would expect Miller to have a better understanding of his position in year 2 and 3. I'm indifferent to the pick. I saw Randle El live and up close in college. Miller doesn't strike me as being as electric.