Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Meh, you old guys always overrate him.

Electric... for 6 short years.
I would go ditka because he was the general for our only SB title, as well as played HOF tight end.

Sayers was a bit of a old, grumpy curmudgeon during Hesters career.

Also, Urlacher over Singletary all day for the 5th spot

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grange......he helped legitimize the NFL over college football

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
For me it would be Singletary...I see the argument for Hampton or Urlacher. Ditka is a strong consideration because he was a HOF player for the Bears and also brought the Bears their only Super Bowl victory.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Are you people fucking nuts? Ditka has no place on any monument as a head coach. He fucked up a dynasty with his inattention to the team and desire to be the king of endorsements. Ditka never created a game plan in his life and depended upon assistants like Ryan to carry the team. He was outcoached by Walsh and Gibbs in every crucial game. Hey Ditka....have your 20th drink of the night that will help

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meh, you old guys always overrate him.

You young guys have no clue.

Played 5 healthy years in the NFL and still ranks as Top 10 RB all time. Averaged over 5 yards per carry, and was league's best return man.

There is no question he should be on any Bears Mt Rushmore.

As much as I like Hampton and Dent, they don't stand apart from their own tem, let alone stand out in Bears history (and that's not to knock them. They are in the HOF for good reason.)

I loved Urlacher from Day 1, but a Bears Mt. Rushmore would need to have a lot of people before I would call for him to be on it.

Hell, the Bears have 4 middle linebackers in the HOF. He wouldn't belong ahead of the others.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Are you people fucking nuts? Ditka has no place on any monument as a head coach. He fucked up a dynasty with his inattention to the team and desire to be the king of endorsements. Ditka never created a game plan in his life and depended upon assistants like Ryan to carry the team. He was outcoached by Walsh and Gibbs in every crucial game. Hey Ditka....have your 20th drink of the night that will help

Ditka is the reason the Bears won one Super Bowl.

He was routinely outcoached by Walsh and Gibbs. He lost the team during the strike and with his endorsements after telling them to tone it down. He cost us championships.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You young guys have no clue.

Played 5 healthy years in the NFL and still ranks as Top 10 RB all time. Averaged over 5 yards per carry, and was league's best return man.

There is no question he should be on any Bears Mt Rushmore.

As much as I like Hampton and Dent, they don't stand apart from their own tem, let alone stand out in Bears history (and that's not to knock them. They are in the HOF for good reason.)

I loved Urlacher from Day 1, but a Bears Mt. Rushmore would need to have a lot of people before I would call for him to be on it.

Hell, the Bears have 4 middle linebackers in the HOF. He wouldn't belong ahead of the others.

Should have stopped at played 5 heathy years.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have to go Sid Luckman only because it would be pretty embarrassing that a Pro Football team that has existed as long as the Bears have to not have one quarterback up there.

Also...is Halas really necessary?

It's kind of like making the first induction into the Rock n Roll HOF the man that owns the building.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My takeaway is we could have 2 legitimate Mt Rushmores. One with just linebackers.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Halas
Sweetness
Butkus
Ditka

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would have to go Sid Luckman only because it would be pretty embarrassing that a Pro Football team that has existed as long as the Bears have to not have one quarterback up there.

It's kind of like making the first induction into the Rock n Roll HOF the man that owns the building.

Yeah, he's necessary. I get your point. But you don't get to play mod boy without him.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Jk, Doug Buffone. Great player, but his epic post game tirades were the greatest of all time. He was the voice of the fans like no other.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Washington is on the actual Rushmore...

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Alsom Ditka deserves to be in contention. This board's obsession with throwing him under the bus has always been hilarious to me.

Guys like Jim McMahon wrote books denigrating teammates in 1986, showed up out of shape, refused to rehab correctly etc.

Other guys asked for trades, wanted more money, were doing their own endorsements etc.

Blaming Ditka for that 1980's team falling apart is absurd.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alsom Ditka deserves to be in contention. This board's obsession with throwing him under the bus has always been hilarious to me.

Guys like Jim McMahon wrote books denigrating teammates in 1986, showed up out of shape, refused to rehab correctly etc.

Other guys asked for trades, wanted more money, were doing their own endorsements etc.

This might have had something to the Bears not winning more than one SB too...

BlankWhichGrackle-size_restricted.gif

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

Nonsense. Ditka was a hypocrite telling the players not to have endorsements while that he was the king of endorsements. His drinking was legendary as was his disinterest in game planning. Again, he never created a gameplan in his career. He was not a visionary and created no scheme or method. His lone skill was motivation. Went faced against the best coaches he lost

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nonsense. Ditka was a hypocrite telling the players not to have endorsements while that he was the king of endorsements. His drinking was legendary as was his disinterest in game planning. Again, he never created a gameplan in his career. He was not a visionary and created no scheme or method. His lone skill was motivation. Went faced against the best coaches he lost

Yes Ommy, we all know your shtick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Should have stopped at played 5 heathy years.

Why?

Those 5 years - he only played a total of 68 games, BTW - were enough to make people realize he was one of the top RB's of all time. Even 50 years later, he is considered Top 10.

Very few RB's ever could move like that man. Fans rave about Payton and Hester. Sayers was both.