Bears New Head Coach Candidates

Who should be the Bears next Head Coach?

• Total voters

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Are we honestly saying Byron Leftwich is auditioning his skills as OC on a team with Tom Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Antonio Brown?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It is time we get started on the search for a new Bears Head Coach. Here would be my top candidates.

1. Byron Leftwich - Bruce Arians was singing Leftwich’s praises before they arrived in Tampa together in 2019. After the organization made the prudent decision to move on from the erratic Jameis Winston, Leftwich now gets the chance to prove both his play-calling skills and offensive design talent with a known commodity in Tom Brady. While all the credit outside the industry will inevitably shift to the quarterback, those who are smart will keep an eye on Leftwich.

2. Eric Bieniemy - Undoubtedly the biggest snub of last year’s cycle, Bieniemy, the offensive coordinator of the best offense in football, has returned in that same role this year. Here is a coach who has had his hands on the development of Patrick Mahomes, who sits at the Andy Reid altar and, at times, calls plays. He interviewed with the Panthers and Giants, among others, at the end of the 2020 cycle. There is a belief that this will be a make-or-break year for Bieniemy’s candidacy. Will Andy Reid’s Super Bowl credentials add more heft to his impressive résumé?

3. Brian Daboll - Daboll was one of our top recommendations a year ago and interviewed with the Browns. Daboll has served under both Bill Belichick and Nick Saban, and has experience with receivers, tight ends and as an offensive coordinator. His ticket is going to be the continued growth of Josh Allen, which cannot be separated from the offense Daboll is designing. Allen’s bad throw percentage decreased by 5 points in 2019 and his on-target throw percentage is rising. If he takes another step forward and the Bills make the playoffs again, it would be shocking not to see Daboll heavily in the mix.

4. Greg Roman - Roman was sought after last season, though not to the extent that we might have expected. The offense that Baltimore crafted around Jackson was brilliant and is an example of what Roman can do (as was his stint in San Francisco). An interesting tidbit for teams looking to hire a coach and draft a QB in 2021: Roman’s teams have never finished worse than fifth in interceptions thrown. In four out of seven seasons, his teams have been top five in points scored and in all but one season, they’ve been top 10 in giveaways. Owners who are afraid they’re hiring an “option style” coach may want to dig a little deeper.

5 - Jim Harbaugh - More of a long shot but if you fire Pace and Nagy, why not just turn over the reins to a former Bear as coach Coach/GM. He is a bit of an arrogant douche but he certainly can craft an offense around a QB's skill set.

Edit - Added Joe Brady and Arthur Smith as options. You can change your vote if need be.
I wished you would have added none of the above.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I like Roman, mainly because I have seen him adjust to a players strengths, and he is dedicated to being Balanced on offense.

Little bit of a homer pick here because I get to see his work every week. I have never thought his play calling was suspect, I have always thought that the players let him down.
The NFL is not "balanced on offense" these days. I don't need to see a guy set on running 30-35 times a game in a league where every rule is geared toward helping passing offenses.

Fans think throwing to your #1 WR 8 times and #1 TE 4 times and handing off to a RB 12 times is balance. That's not. That's weighted toward the guy who is not the most dangerous with the ball in his hands.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would want Bieniemy after what we’ve gone through with Nagy. Andy Reid and Mahomes drive that offense.
Because other coaches from his tree have seen success. Frank Reich, Doug Pederson, John Harbaugh to name a few. It just sucks that we seem to have gotten the dud from that tree.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Holy living hell. Is someone actually promoting Jim Fucking Harbaugh for head coach?

A man who takes no responsibility for anything going wrong, blames refs and circumstances and bioryhthyms....and is an insufferable jackass to boot. Fuck that!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would want Bieniemy after what we’ve gone through with Nagy. Andy Reid and Mahomes drive that offense.
Andy Reid has been a successful coach for decades and now we're going to give the credit to Mahomes?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wished you would have added none of the above.

I added options when others suggested them. Maybe man the fuck up and make a recommendation or are you in the Nagy nuthugger camp?

Holy living hell. Is someone actually promoting Jim Fucking Harbaugh for head coach?

A man who takes no responsibility for anything going wrong, blames refs and circumstances and bioryhthyms....and is an insufferable jackass to boot. Fuck that!

He is an option. Feel free to offer your own and I will add it or you just want to cunt?

Are we honestly saying Byron Leftwich is auditioning his skills as OC on a team with Tom Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Antonio Brown?

Again, a lot of cunting but not a lot of suggestions. Leftwich was well regarding in league circules before the arrival of Brady.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace is staying then just keep Nagy and strip play calling duties from him.

Pace is public enemy #1. Bringing in another green HC will just prolong the suffering.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I added options when others suggested them. Maybe man the fuck up and make a recommendation or are you in the Nagy nuthugger camp?

He is an option. Feel free to offer your own and I will add it or you just want to cunt?

Again, a lot of cunting but not a lot of suggestions. Leftwich was well regarding in league circules before the arrival of Brady.
Man the fuck up and add none of the above and stop being a beau cave.

I still think Dave Taub would be someone to look at

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man the fuck up and add none of the above and stop being a beau cave.

I still think Dave Taub would be someone to look at

So you want to go without a HC next year? The purpose of the thread is to pick a HC. If you don't see an option then suggest someone to add but not taking the pussy way out. Dave Toub is not an offensive coach so he would fit with the Screw offense option.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
GM: Dan Morgan, Buffalo Director of Player Personnel

HC: Brian Daboll, Buffalo OC

Draft well and just did one of the more impressive QB development jobs in recent memory.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Offer him 10-15 million a year over 4 years to run the franchise.

ozzie-newsome-718e28573250cc89.jpg

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So you want to go without a HC next year? The purpose of the thread is to pick a HC. If you don't see an option then suggest someone to add but not taking the pussy way out. Dave Toub is not an offensive coach so he would fit with the Screw offense option.
Ok. I know Dave Taub isn’t a real person but what the fuck are you talking about. None of your choices do anything for me. I don’t want a defensive minded coach either. I think Taub is more level headed and I think he would invite other coaches to do their jobs and stay out of either side and just be a head coach. Which is what we really need.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The NFL is not "balanced on offense" these days. I don't need to see a guy set on running 30-35 times a game in a league where every rule is geared toward helping passing offenses.

Fans think throwing to your #1 WR 8 times and #1 TE 4 times and handing off to a RB 12 times is balance. That's not. That's weighted toward the guy who is not the most dangerous with the ball in his hands.

The league is tilted towards those teams that can throw, but if you team is better running the ball than it is throwing the ball and you remain balanced in your play selection, couldn't it be argued that you are emphasizing both you teams strength and the league tendency?

People that take a pitch count of the passing to throwing ratio and make an assumption are not looking at the whole picture.

BTW, tell me you would not kill to have the Bears defense and the Ravens offense on one team......

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Ok. I know Dave Taub isn’t a real person but what the fuck are you talking about. None of your choices do anything for me. I don’t want a defensive minded coach either. I think Taub is more level headed and I think he would invite other coaches to do their jobs and stay out of either side and just be a head coach. Which is what we really need.
John Harbaugh is the prime example of that kind of head coach. However, you have the problem of replacing your OC or DC once they have had success.

Since the League is bias towards the offense, Nagy made sense, until it was discovered that he is really not that good of a coach.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
John Harbaugh is the prime example of that kind of head coach. However, you have the problem of replacing your OC or DC once they have had success.

Since the League is bias towards the offense, Nagy made sense, until it was discovered that he is really not that good of a coach.
I would take that dilemma all day instead of just replacing them for being inadequate. I agree the gear towards offense is upon us but I also think it still takes 3 phases to win. I would so like my head coach to just worry about time outs and challenge flags, etc etc etc.......let the other professionals do their jobs.