Bears New Head Coach Candidates

Who should be the Bears next Head Coach?

• Total voters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy’s offenses are not even well prepared. It is not like you can even say he is a good coach during the week.

Constant execution issues, lining up issues, technique issues.

Total flaming mess.

Liked Posts:
It is time we get started on the search for a new Bears Head Coach. Here would be my top candidates.

1. Byron Leftwich - Bruce Arians was singing Leftwich’s praises before they arrived in Tampa together in 2019. After the organization made the prudent decision to move on from the erratic Jameis Winston, Leftwich now gets the chance to prove both his play-calling skills and offensive design talent with a known commodity in Tom Brady. While all the credit outside the industry will inevitably shift to the quarterback, those who are smart will keep an eye on Leftwich.

2. Eric Bieniemy - Undoubtedly the biggest snub of last year’s cycle, Bieniemy, the offensive coordinator of the best offense in football, has returned in that same role this year. Here is a coach who has had his hands on the development of Patrick Mahomes, who sits at the Andy Reid altar and, at times, calls plays. He interviewed with the Panthers and Giants, among others, at the end of the 2020 cycle. There is a belief that this will be a make-or-break year for Bieniemy’s candidacy. Will Andy Reid’s Super Bowl credentials add more heft to his impressive résumé?

3. Brian Daboll - Daboll was one of our top recommendations a year ago and interviewed with the Browns. Daboll has served under both Bill Belichick and Nick Saban, and has experience with receivers, tight ends and as an offensive coordinator. His ticket is going to be the continued growth of Josh Allen, which cannot be separated from the offense Daboll is designing. Allen’s bad throw percentage decreased by 5 points in 2019 and his on-target throw percentage is rising. If he takes another step forward and the Bills make the playoffs again, it would be shocking not to see Daboll heavily in the mix.

4. Greg Roman - Roman was sought after last season, though not to the extent that we might have expected. The offense that Baltimore crafted around Jackson was brilliant and is an example of what Roman can do (as was his stint in San Francisco). An interesting tidbit for teams looking to hire a coach and draft a QB in 2021: Roman’s teams have never finished worse than fifth in interceptions thrown. In four out of seven seasons, his teams have been top five in points scored and in all but one season, they’ve been top 10 in giveaways. Owners who are afraid they’re hiring an “option style” coach may want to dig a little deeper.

5 - Jim Harbaugh - More of a long shot but if you fire Pace and Nagy, why not just turn over the reins to a former Bear as coach Coach/GM. He is a bit of an arrogant douche but he certainly can craft an offense around a QB's skill set.

Edit - Added Joe Brady and Arthur Smith as options. You can change your vote if need be.
How could you forget Abe Gibron??????

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No you are full of shit. The below is from the Giants game thread.

Further I have been shitting on Nagy's offense since his first season when most of you guys were on his jock.

Your head is so far up 3M's ass you only see the posts bashing him. There are plenty of posts also bashing Nagy. It isn't an either or problem, it is both. Your heart is in the right place Chris but your emo lover routine regarding 3M has turned you into a sensitive whiny bitch. Nagy sucks. So does 3M. That is all.

That’s not bashing Nagy. That’s just saying the same shit everyone says about him, fan or not.

Stating the obvious gives you no points.

You guys hated on Mitch super hard even though his style was the only way to move the ball, outside of the prayers Foles throws up every possession. Now the Bears offense looks worse than ever.

It’s not the QBs. It’s just not. If Foles can’t play behind that o line why should Mitch be able to or expected to achieve more?

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PS, barring a complete and total collapse (which I don’t think happens, 4-5 is my guess) this is a 2022 thread.

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thats cool.

Its 7 games into the season and we are 5-2, not 2-5. Making threads about new HC candidates is not just stupid, its meatball.

You do know you logged into CCS today right? LOL.

I want Nagy gone. If it's only taking his play calling doodies away then i'm fine with that but i'd rather get rid of him period. I get that he's a players coach but he's just in over his head and i know we're 5-2 but that's because of the defense and Nagy was hired as that next great offensive guru and he just isn't that. Many of us have been calling for him to give up play calling doodies since early last year and i was one of them. The good thing is if Bieniemy gets a head coaching gig then there's a good chance Reid brings him back to KC as his OC.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No you are full of shit. The below is from the Giants game thread.

Further I have been shitting on Nagy's offense since his first season when most of you guys were on his jock.

Your head is so far up 3M's ass you only see the posts bashing him. There are plenty of posts also bashing Nagy. It isn't an either or problem, it is both. Your heart is in the right place Chris but your emo lover routine regarding 3M has turned you into a sensitive whiny bitch. Nagy sucks. So does 3M. That is all.

So you called him out in a damn game thread for one bad play call? Wow you sure do hate him...LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does Nagy also deserve blame for the defense being the most penalized team in the NFL and i don't think it's even close or is that more on Pagano? It seemed like A.Hicks had 3-4 penalties against him just last week.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats cool.

Its 7 games into the season and we are 5-2, not 2-5. Making threads about new HC candidates is not just stupid, its meatball.

I agree to a point but I also believe that the offense is bad and that 5-2 could 5-5 soon. This doesn’t seem to be a team that instills confidence.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Nagy also deserve blame for the defense being the most penalized team in the NFL and i don't think it's even close or is that more on Pagano? It seemed like A.Hicks had 3-4 penalties against him just last week.
When u build a culture of not holding anyone accountable other than rookies...then yeah...it is his fault

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anymore Nagy white knights after this fucking disaster of playcalling and clock mismanagrment.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Jim Harbaugh. already knows the pro game. Runs conventional NFL offense

Kaepernick to Bears?

Dynasty

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I worry a little bit about Harbaugh being too conditioned to the college game now. He was so good in SF that its a risk I'm willing to take.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Which idiot hired Nagy? Which idiot hired Fox? Which idiot drafted Mitch Trubisky and traded up to it? Which idiot didn’t invest Jack shit in the offensive line? How many chances does Ryan Pace get?? This is the same guy who thought Mike Glennon was a bridge QB for Mitch.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh would turn this shit show around in one year. I'd throw the bank at him.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went with Bienemy, can't believe that some on here still hope for Harbaugh, he's trash, Saturdays loss to the Spartans means he should be available soon !!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bienemy apparently interviewed very poorly in all of his interviews and the league views him as merely a hood ornament for Andy Reid's offense.

Well what was Nagy when he was in KC? And do you have any sources for "the league views him as merely a hood ornament for Andy Reid's offense." If so I'd like to read it. Thanks