HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or, they just want to let the season play out. Prove he can stay available and earn the type of money he's asking for.

Or, all they managed to do was wait two years and watch his price tag go up regardless of the fact he proves or doesn't prove a fucking thing as they view him flipping the bird while walking away to another team. At which point the only stupidity left in Pace's cupboard is double franchise tagging him to further prove his retardation paying out over 30 million in two years.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Or, they just want to let the season play out. Prove he can stay available and earn the type of money he's asking for.

Then Pace would pay more for him. Sorry, Pace seems allergic to playmakers at this point, and I fear this team is being built in the Angelo/Lovie mold that ignores an entire side of the team and finishes just outside the playoff race every year. I still hope I'm wrong, but we won't know until another offseason is under Pace's belt. Things should start to become more clear after this year as to what Pace's plan actually is.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Long is a person willing to play with pain and he's proven to be a very consistent player willing to do what the team asks him to do, like moving to LT the week of the season opener. He is one of the best in the league at his position.

Alshon has not proven to be such a tough player willing to play with pain. He commitment has been in question by many in the organization. I think FoxPace did the right thing making him play on the tag this year.

The money was there to extend Long, something everyone knew they were going to eventually do. The medical staff obviously is not concerned with his current injury. The deal will look even better in 2 years when salaries increase even more. This was a great move by FoxPace. Right now, Long is the only player on the team worthy of a move like this. As the players develop, this will hopefully become more common place and monies will be more limited unlike now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Player A has shown the ability to play through soft tissue injuries. Player B hasn't. Take a wild guess on which player gets an extension. You can throw logic out the window and still have a 50/50 shot.

I hate repeating myself, but last year was the VERY FIRST TIME Alshon has missed time due to soft tissue injuries. Prior to that, he had broken his finger when his hand got caught in a players helmet. The soft tissue thing with Alshon has been blown far out of proportion to this point and seems to be propaganda sent by the Bears FO to justify to the fans why they let him walk.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And boy have these dopes slopped up that propaganda because people keep bringing up his "injury history" like there was one prior to this shit. Its whatever, as I mentioned already he will be gone next season. Might as well start getting comfortable with that uncomfortable fact.

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
I hate repeating myself, but last year was the VERY FIRST TIME Alshon has missed time due to soft tissue injuries. Prior to that, he had broken his finger when his hand got caught in a players helmet. The soft tissue thing with Alshon has been blown far out of proportion to this point and seems to be propaganda sent by the Bears FO to justify to the fans why they let him walk.
This where was this whole narrative in 13 when he was mossing on people Jeffrey is a stud trying to portray him as anything else is disingenuous

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I've made it very clear that I'm not Pace's biggest fan, but it's hard to seriously believe that anyone could get pissed at Pace for extending Kyle Long.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This where was this whole narrative in 13 when he was mossing on people Jeffrey is a stud trying to portray him as anything else is disingenuous

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mind you, if were keeping score here this is the 2nd time he has been black balled through the media with fabricated narratives to drop his value. First there was the draft and that knocked him down to the 2nd round when he was previously the consensus top receiver before then. Now its this "injury history" narrative attempting to drop his value again to sign him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Mind you, if were keeping score here this is the 2nd time he has been black balled through the media with fabricated narratives to drop his value. First there was the draft and that knocked him down to the 2nd round when he was previously the consensus top receiver before then. Now its this "injury history" narrative attempting to drop his value again to sign him.

What's funny is Pace's pick at WR has already missed more games than Alshon has in his career, and Alshon is the one that people call "injury prone."

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Any chance it has to do with giving a three year deal to 3x All Pro second teamer Sitton?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any chance it has to do with giving a three year deal to 3x All Pro second teamer Sitton?

Long's extension or Jeffery's lack of extension?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not pissed, I just don't understand the timing or the duplicity. I'm not understanding the logic of extending an injured player who has two years left on his contract, and at the same time refusing to extend another player and being forced to franchise tag because the potential of future injury. I'm surprised that more people aren't seeing the disconnect, but maybe I am giving CCS too much credit.

Anyway, its stuff like this that makes me believe there is no total rebuild "plan", its just Pace keeping the players Fox personally likes and getting rid of the players Fox personally dislikes. Very Soviet/Eastern Bloc of the Bears to operate in such a haphazard fashion.
All I've ascertained thus far on Pace's plan is that he really likes guards and LBs.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I'm not pissed, I just don't understand the timing or the duplicity. I'm not understanding the logic of extending an injured player who has two years left on his contract, and at the same time refusing to extend another player and being forced to franchise tag because the potential of future injury. I'm surprised that more people aren't seeing the disconnect, but maybe I am giving CCS too much credit.

Anyway, its stuff like this that makes me believe there is no total rebuild "plan", its just Pace keeping the players Fox personally likes and getting rid of the players Fox personally dislikes. Very Soviet/Eastern Bloc of the Bears to operate in such a haphazard fashion.

Fair enough.

I don't believe Jeffery deserves #1 receiver type of money, so if him wanting that type of salary is what's preventing the re-signing, then good on the front office for waiting to see what he does for us in 2016.

In contrast, I think Kyle Long has proven that he's a top 5 guard (at least) and that he deserves top 5 money. The timing is certainly odd, I'll give you that, but maybe it's just the Bears front office trying to prove that they reward production and consistency.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Have a fucking educated guess. Why would Sitton getting a deal at guard effect AJ at reciever?
Less money to go around?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You even realize how short the list of receivers is that have outperformed Alshon since he was drafted in 2012? But please tell me more about how Pace rewards production.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
& for the record Pace would end up looking like a fucking mug if AJ comes out and plays anywhere near the level the majority of sane fans know he can play at. Taking a punt that he is going to be the first read if Cutlet can get that far would also put him in the firing line if he catches the majority of his targets.

All in all this is a non factor if AJ stays on the field, which again appart from those who enjoy playing the jackanory card, isn't a thing.

This fucking board is sometimes so asinine people just come here to argue because they can't kick a fucking cat or shoot a fucking dog. JFC.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
& for the record Pace would end up looking like a fucking mug if AJ comes out and plays anywhere near the level the majority of sane fans know he can play at. Taking a punt that he is going to be the first read if Cutlet can get that far would also put him in the firing line if he catches the majority of his targets.

All in all this is a non factor if AJ stays on the field, which again appart from those who enjoy playing the jackanory card, isn't a thing.

This fucking board is sometimes so asinine people just come here to argue because they can't kick a fucking cat or shoot a fucking dog. JFC.

AJ played in ~38 consecutive games prior to missing time last year, but him staying on the field isn't a thing?