Bears News From CSN: Kyle Longs extension is a statement

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably not top 3 WR money, but I would give him a lot of money. It appears that the Bears gave Jeffery an "Allen Hurns" offer, which was pointless. The Bears needed to make a strong offer (but not a top 3 offer) to Jeffery, negotiate, and get a long term deal set up prior to this year. Putting Jeffery on the franchise tag accomplished nothing, because the Bears now are paying top 3 WR money for this year, and then Jeffery gets to hit the open market. If I were the Bears, I would have tried like heck to get Jeffery to sign prior to him going to the open market, because I'm sure some NFL team will pay Jeffery big bucks regardless of 2016 production.
The Bears can always franchise him again next offseason.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Long is not coming up on a contract year. He had two years left on his deal. That's my whole point. When you returned to CCS, did you leave your brain behind?

Nah I wasn't sure on his status, simple mistake but one that I have been corrected on. People can make mistakes.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah I wasn't sure on his status, simple mistake but one that I have been corrected on. People can make mistakes.

The logic still makes zero sense.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Except you didn't because you immediately went and deleted 99% of it.

Because in the heat of the moment you say stuff, but on this board you get crucified when you got out on a limb and post it. Too late now.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think him asking for top 5 receiver money is particularly out of the question. A lot of it has to do with the structure of the contract much as FT has alluded to. I don't particularly remember what was the point of contention between Pace and Alshon/his agent regarding what they were offering him to begin with. Assuming it was made public at all.

No matter how you slice it though, Pace was willing to franchise tag him which is exactly paying him as a top receiver. Should he double down on the retardation with a 2nd franchise tag then he is most definitely showing a willingness to pay him top receiver money which then begs the question why the fuck didn't you just pay the man to begin with and save some money?

Note: My cussing in all of this is not anything directed at you, its my anger towards Pace's reluctance to extend while showing a willingness to pay him top money anyways.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just glad that the mods have done SOMETHING about the dynamic duo of Rory and FirstTimer in the past. Because if they didn't, these 2 would be cunting at a way higher level on these forums. Don't get me wrong, they're still cunts. But it's not as bad as it used to be.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Preceded by…

Nick80, you are your own worst enemy, IMO. Sorry that I attempted to talk football. Please put me on ignore.

I'll pass.

Better get it back on topic before people complain.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sometime you gotta say whats on your chest, I said it.

Everything about your post (pre-pruning) was very pot meet kettle. Just a 3rd party observation here.

And yes, before you say it, I'm toxic too. Everyone else is the problem, Nick80 is grandiose.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Everything about your post (pre-pruning) was very pot meet kettle. Just a 3rd party observation here.

And yes, before you say it, I'm toxic too. Everyone else is the problem, Nick80 is grandiose.

No argument here.

Edit: No argument here meaning I'm the one with the problem. Got to accept it some.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm just glad that the mods have done SOMETHING about the dynamic duo of Rory and FirstTimer in the past. Because if they didn't, these 2 would be cunting at a way higher level on these forums. Don't get me wrong, they're still cunts. But it's not as bad as it used to be.

Huh?

Washington

Liked Posts:

Gunna pop some corn because this is surely gunna get good now.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Didn't Rory get a long vacation for his antics on the forums? I don't know if you did or not, but you surely deserved it. Look no further than the shit you 2 are doing in this thread and other threads right now.

You guys can't resist tag-teaming people for pages at a time and talking down to them. You 2 are probably the most unpleasant posters on this entire forum.

I mean, am I wrong?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Then Pace would pay more for him. Sorry, Pace seems allergic to playmakers at this point, and I fear this team is being built in the Angelo/Lovie mold that ignores an entire side of the team and finishes just outside the playoff race every year. I still hope I'm wrong, but we won't know until another offseason is under Pace's belt. Things should start to become more clear after this year as to what Pace's plan actually is.

It's like, people are forgetting that they made Jeffery an offer and that Jeffrey's camp countered with top 5 WR monies.

This is not rocket surgery. It's really, really simple. You simply do not hand out contracts like that when said player missed significant time then demands top dollar.
That is an Emery move to the Enth degree.

Could you imagine this MB and local sports radio if Pace locked in that top dollar contract after the season Jeffery had and then Jeffery proceeds to have availability issues again this coming season. Defcon redux.

Hamstring injuries are finicky, especially for WR,s often it's not the muscle itself but the Tendons inside of it that cause chronic problems. The solution is simple. Let Jeffery prove its not a lingering issue that will hamper his career BEFORE you hand him top dollar.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's like, people are forgetting that they made Jeffery an offer and that Jeffrey's camp countered with top 5 WR monies.

This is not rocket surgery. It's really, really simple. You simply do not hand out contracts like that when said player missed significant time then demands top dollar.
That is an Emery move to the Enth degree.

Could you imagine this MB and local sports radio if Pace locked in that top dollar contract after the season Jeffery had and then Jeffery proceeds to have availability issues again this coming season. Defcon redux.

Hamstring injuries are finicky, especially for WR,s often it's not the muscle itself but the Tendons inside of it that cause chronic problems. The solution is simple. Let Jeffery prove its not a lingering issue that will hamper his career BEFORE you hand him top dollar.

So what was the excuse for not extending Alshon the year Pace arrived then?

If they were so worried about Alshon proving his health going forward then why exactly did they make any offer to him and his agent at all then?

Do you not notice the duplicity here?

Can't have it both ways chief.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
So what was the excuse for not extending Alshon the year Pace arrived then?

If they were so worried about Alshon proving his health going forward then why exactly did they make any offer to him and his agent at all then?

Do you not notice the duplicity here?

Can't have it both ways chief.

Im sure the offer that was extended protected the club in some form or fashion. Alshon is the one that wants to prove his worth. Which shouldn't bother anybody. Yet here we are..

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Protected the Bears from ever signing Alshon to a contract. Thanks Pace. You've saved the Bears from keeping the best receiver the franchise has ever drafted. Don't know how we would possibly be able to live without this protection. It all makes sense now. This is why he got rid of Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte and Matt Slauson. He wanted to protect the franchise from having any offensive talent.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You just went full Hawk/Broc...and I totally dig it.