Bears OT Jason Spriggs tests positive for coronavirus, G Germain Ifedi close contact: Update Lachavious Simmons placed on covid protocol

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I agree, Daniels, Whitehair, Ifedi seem like a solid interior. Nothing special, but then again, it's not like our cap can handle anything special.

Cut massie this offseason and draft a RT, no idea what you do with Leno tho. Our major weakness is the tackles. It makes the entire line sheit.

They look worse when you figure they have to work with Leno and Massie who immediately retreat and surrender the pocket.

Only people like Remy need an explanation for how the Line is one unit working together more than it is a bunch of individuals doing separate things for a similar result.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Watching the game it was said, "Of course, why doesn't Leno get hurt?" to which my Mom said, "It's because he doesn't do anything but stand around". ? ?

She knows football better than most of our people on these boards.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I agree, Daniels, Whitehair, Ifedi seem like a solid interior. Nothing special, but then again, it's not like our cap can handle anything special.

Cut massie this offseason and draft a RT, no idea what you do with Leno tho. Our major weakness is the tackles. It makes the entire line sheit.
This isn't really accurate. The interior of our line with them was equally bad to the tackles. While the tackles suck horribly, their job is not made easier when the interior doesn't hold up for the qbs to step into a pocket. I think people want to like daniels and whitehair, but the truth is they haven't been good.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Can I ask a dumb foreigner question

In the event of something like this can/would defensive line players ever be able to cover an O line position? Appreciate the skillset is different but just wondered if it would ever happen or be considered??

Probably a stupid question but interested to know

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Can I ask a dumb foreigner question

In the event of something like this can/would defensive line players ever be able to cover an O line position? Appreciate the skillset is different but just wondered if it would ever happen or be considered??

Probably a stupid question but interested to know

They could but it would not be pretty. There have been former D lineman who has switched to O line and had very good careers. James "Big Cat" Williams comes to mind

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
what ever happened to Bradley Sowell? he was a decent OL and we made him lose weight to be a TE and then never played him?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could but it would not be pretty. There have been former D lineman who has switched to O line and had very good careers. James "Big Cat" Williams comes to mind
And others who have switched and been utter dog shite like Rashad Coward

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
BEARS ARE DOG SHIT
we wont sniff a super bowl ever again

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And others who have switched and been utter dog shite like Rashad Coward

I heard Williams on the radio talking aboot Coward a few weeks ago. He said that he himself would never have make the transition to offensive line if the Bears didn’t keep him in 1 position the entire time, basically saying that moving someone from defense to different Oline positions is near impossible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought they had the right idea when he was backing up RT. Probably not going to work out anywhere now but always thought that would be his best spot even though it's theoretically more difficult than G. His build and anchor just seem better suited and he also gets confused inside. I suspect we'll find out tomorrow though he's been inside for over a year.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Williams on the radio talking aboot Coward a few weeks ago. He said that he himself would never have make the transition to offensive line if the Bears didn’t keep him in 1 position the entire time, basically saying that moving someone from defense to different Oline positions is near impossible.
So you’re saying he’ll be asked to drop a load of weight and become a blocking TE? It’ll work this time

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
Another man down - Lachavious Simmons in covid protocol

Attachments

• 41A524ED-C2CD-4136-9D36-8D9926B160AF.png
    41A524ED-C2CD-4136-9D36-8D9926B160AF.png
    495 KB · Views: 6

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven't followed the team this week. Who's going to be available/starting this week? (on OL)