Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt fields have a very strong rookie camp/preseason? Dont remember too much but I remember him playing well.

Maybe these guys just have brane damage? Not all of us think about Jamarcus Webb in 2024 like @DanielCCSBears
Nagy barely have him meaningful reps. A real r3tard.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I recall there being something about how Foles knew that plays wouldn't work and would audible out of them.
I think this was a lot of it. I remember the two of them arguing on the sideline, and Foles distinctly shouting, distinctly enough for anybody to read his lips, saying “it doesn’t work”.
That happened after Fields' horrendous first start against Cleveland. Maybe he knew that Foles couldn't escape a pass rush and depended on Fields having mobility out the wazoo. But I recall there being an interview with Griese later on that revealed that Foles didn't think Nagy knew what was going on.
Nagy was an idiot.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recall there being something about how Foles knew that plays wouldn't work and would audible out of them.

That happened after Fields' horrendous first start against Cleveland. Maybe he knew that Foles couldn't escape a pass rush and depended on Fields having mobility out the wazoo. But I recall there being an interview with Griese later on that revealed that Foles didn't think Nagy knew what was going on.
Even when Trubisky was on the sidelines with the headset on and there was another QB in (I don't remember who), there was a camera shot of Trubisky shaking his head at a play that he heard called.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Even when Trubisky was on the sidelines with the headset on and there was another QB in (I don't remember who), there was a camera shot of Trubisky shaking his head at a play that he heard called.
Foles & Dalton both shook their heads and give each other an WTF look when Justin was out there getting killed, I think it was vs the Bucs in 2021. Fields with 3 fumbles and 3 INTs, Nagy was trying to fuck Fields up.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Not OTA related but this thread seems to have the most football in it. Johnathan Woods puts some numbers behind the DL last year both pre and post Sweat and comes to the shocking conclusion that the Bears only have 1 decent DE:

In no surprise here news, he is basically just putting numbers behind the Bears obvious need to replace Yannicks snaps with a better player than Yannick. He also preemptively shoots down the idea that Martin or Booker can be that guy before Swiftie or another idiot local “content creator” can make a video about that.