Bears ownership refuses to take a stand

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
No need for ownership to make a stand. Leave it to the players. I hope they all kneel. Trump is a vile human being.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It doesn't mean you're a racist if you get pissed when people crap on our flag/anthem...it means they should find a better way to protest that doesn't alienate 1/2 of the country...who are your paying fans. Football by nature is a conservative activity....go spread your groupthink elsewhere.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good for the Bears. They are a sports team that has no business getting involved. Leave the politics to the cable news channels. The players are certainly encouraged to be active however they see fit but not while on the clock at their job. I am strictly prohibited from making any political statements at my place of employment. Tell the players to stand or be fined/suspended. If the players do not like it, they can find employment elsewhere.

Your job doesn't allow freedom of speech?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No. That is not so.

It is trying to make a statement about being treated unfairly.

Right or wrong, agree or disagree, it is insane to think they should not have the right to speak their minds. I like that Kaep is sitting on the couch on Sundays, but in reality, I realize he has every bit as much right to speak his mind as Trump does.

One does not need to agree with someone else's opinion to respect their right to that opinion.

Actually Kaep was an employee of a private business. He had a right to speak while in uniform representing that business as much as the ownership allowed.
Trump is a government employee. Ideally he can't be shut up, but in reality he's in the same boat as every other employee, except he's the top boss.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It doesn't mean you're a racist if you get pissed when people crap on our flag/anthem...it means they should find a better way to protest that doesn't alienate 1/2 of the country...who are your paying fans. Football by nature is a conservative activity....go spread your groupthink elsewhere.

Find a better way to protest but the main issue is people will cry either way.

The players are still playing the game, it's not like they are just outright refusing but people are upset that they are exercising their right to freedom of speech?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
good for the bears not enabling the trash disrespecting our country fuck the players

Agreed. I like to watch sports for the mere entertainment factor of sports. Please leave the politics and all the extra curricular shit out of it.

Tell that to the President and his snowflake response. What he just did is create a big problem out of a little one and widen the chasm of divide in this country. I personally didn't care for what Kaep started for the same reason but it's America and we still have those freedoms, at least for the time being. As usual, Trump just escalated this by a factor of 10. Kaep is serving his sentence but this just became too big to control due to a stream of unconsciousness idiot that can't keep his finger off the send button.

What players should do is put their hands on their hearts, take one knee and sing the anthem in respect for our true liberties and what the anthem stands for... which is not an oppression of inalienable rights. You can protest oppression without disrespecting the anthem and reinforcing and what it stands for.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
No. That is not so.

Right or wrong, agree or disagree, it is insane to think they should not have the right to speak their minds. I like that Kaep is sitting on the couch on Sundays, but in reality, I realize he has every bit as much right to speak his mind as Trump does.

One does not need to agree with someone else's opinion to respect their right to that opinion.

:yep::yep::yep:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Find a better way to protest but the main issue is people will cry either way.

The players are still playing the game, it's not like they are just outright refusing but people are upset that they are exercising their right to freedom of speech?

I wish they would refuse to play. It would make more sense. They are so offended while they continue to make millions of dollars playing a game.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
No. That is not so.

Speak his mind yes but kneeling for the national anthem is not all about freedom of speech. It has to do with the countless men and women who sacrificed their lives defending the flag the freedom and the ability to speak ones mind. So if they can't stand and honor America and the fallen then they can go find another place to live!

There is nothing wrong with standing up for ones rights but there is a time and a place and kneeling in front of millions of people is the wrong place. It just shows how disrespectful they are to everyone who is actually fighting for their very own freedom.

I'd like to see what happens to someone in the military kneeling during a retreat ceremony.... wait you won't because we all get it. Kapernick and the number of people who kneel don't. I'm even ok with what martellis Bennett did when he stood and just raised his fist during the anthem. That is ok cause he is still standing and respecting the flag!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I can't figure out how not standing for the anthem ties into police brutality. Or how police brutality is only a black issue.
Surely blacks get targeted disproportionately but as long as we have groups saying only the brutality against blacks is a problem the brutality against everyone will continue with minorities being targeted disproportionately.
We had a chance to bring awareness to a real issue but some people wanted to hoard it all to themselves so they could be special. Stop abuse of power against everyone and then nobody suffers.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Steelers arn't even coming out for the anthem ! says nfl network

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
People forget that this COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON PROTEST.

Where would we be if we never protested against British rule?

At least these guys are protesting peacefully.

The CONSTITUTION guarantees the rights of these guys to do what they are doing.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
DKf62XoW4AEiSW3.jpg