Bears ownership refuses to take a stand

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
People forget that this COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON PROTEST.

Where would we be if we never protested against British rule?

At least these guys are protesting peacefully.

The CONSTITUTION guarantees the rights of these guys to do what they are doing.

It doesn't matter what the constitution says for this type of behavior. It has to do with respect and it's a clear sign they don't respect America. And that's fine, but if you don't then leave. Nobody is making them stay here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't figure out how not standing for the anthem ties into police brutality. Or how police brutality is only a black issue.
Surely blacks get targeted disproportionately but as long as we have groups saying only the brutality against blacks is a problem the brutality against everyone will continue with minorities being targeted disproportionately.
We had a chance to bring awareness to a real issue but some people wanted to hoard it all to themselves so they could be special. Stop abuse of power against everyone and then nobody suffers.

I agree but that's no longer the point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't matter what the constitution says for this type of behavior. It has to do with respect and it's a clear sign they don't respect America. And that's fine, but if you don't then leave. Nobody is making them stay here.

Are you for kicking them out or are you just pissed and voicing your freedom of speech? Have you ever used (or misconstrued) what the constitution says to make a point or is it just a matter of convenience?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They might have to forfeit the game if that is true. By NFL rule, there is a time frame for when you have to be on the field. That includes the anthem.

there no if about it, thats what their doing

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sorry but that sounds awful. You have every right to make your opinion known in this country

So if you have a business in a predominantly black neighborhood and an employee converts to white supremacy you have to keep that employee chasing away your customers?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
People forget that this COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON PROTEST.

Where would we be if we never protested against British rule?

At least these guys are protesting peacefully.

The CONSTITUTION guarantees the rights of these guys to do what they are doing.

And I guarantee if you were a tory working for a revolutionary or vice versa you would've lost your job if you made your views known.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:

It does not matter what the Constitution says? Did you really just say that?? The founding document of this country means nothing to you. The foundation of this country means nothing to you.

If left up to you we would still be indentured servants/slaves to the British.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
DKf62XoW4AEiSW3.jpg

BOUYAHH!!!!!!!

Now THIS is the team I love!!!!!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Speak his mind yes but kneeling for the national anthem is not all about freedom of speech. It has to do with the countless men and women who sacrificed their lives defending the flag the freedom and the ability to speak ones mind. So if they can't stand and honor America and the fallen then they can go find another place to live!

There is nothing wrong with standing up for ones rights but there is a time and a place and kneeling in front of millions of people is the wrong place. It just shows how disrespectful they are to everyone who is actually fighting for their very own freedom.

I'd like to see what happens to someone in the military kneeling during a retreat ceremony.... wait you won't because we all get it. Kapernick and the number of people who kneel don't. I'm even ok with what martellis Bennett did when he stood and just raised his fist during the anthem. That is ok cause he is still standing and respecting the flag!

Kneeling for the anthem has nothing to do with the military and I wonder why people keep saying that. There are many military vets who support this

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So if you have a business in a predominantly black neighborhood and an employee converts to white supremacy you have to keep that employee chasing away your customers?

I think there is a huge difference in holding on to someone who is openly being hateful then someone speaking their mind.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's disrespectful to peacefully protest during a song that was written about a revolution, a revolution that started because people felt they didn't have appropriate representation in government?

Am I the only one that sees the irony of this?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it comes down to this. None of these protest would be happening if police brutality was actually punishes instead of justified because "blacks are scary" and look like "bad dudes".

Now the peaceful protest are being being vilified because of a variety of bad excuses ranging from "I don't want to see politics in games" ( Except the protest aren't even during the games) to disrespecting the military and the flag ( Except a good chunk of the military are minorities and don't you think they prefer equal treatment from law enforcement? )

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's disrespectful to peacefully protest during a song that was written about a revolution, a revolution that started because people felt they didn't have appropriate representation in government?

Murica though

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think what Kap did was a bit disrespectful because he went too far. A smaller gesture than I'm not going to be part of this may have been better but I do respect his right to do as he sees fit. Just because I think he over did it doesn't make me blind to his right to do so or his employer's right to not resign him due to revenue concerns in an entertainment industry. Trump just escalated this to where and backlash against players will be fruitless due to numbers and only the game will suffer from lack of participation (viewing etc) from those that only see this as anti American as opposed to exercising a right to speak out against oppression from the top.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Cool, my Sunday just opened up. Guess I just got 3 free hours to do whatever the hell I want instead of sitting in front of the TV.

You aren't going to watch? Very powerful. They will probably cancel next weeks games as a result of your actions.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Oh, the constitution doesn't matter? Don't mind me. I'll just take away your right to bear arms. Don't like it? Fuck off. How bow dah?