Bears ownership refuses to take a stand

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Are you for kicking them out or are you just pissed and voicing your freedom of speech? Have you ever used (or misconstrued) what the constitution says to make a point or is it just a matter of convenience?

When did I ever say I was kicking anyone out? All I said was leave if you don't have enough respect in your heart to stand for people who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Yes, I do use what the constitution says to make a point every day of my life for the past 14+ years. And that's cause I have signed the dotted line and I am making the point to defend their freedom and yours. Like I said a time and a place for everything and if people don't want to stand for the national anthem (which signifies unity also especially during sporting events) then those people are the ones being racist and trying to separate themselves.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Kneeling for the anthem has nothing to do with the military and I wonder why people keep saying that. There are many military vets who support this

I really never understood that either. You can't burn the flag in protest because that disrespects the military who fought for the flag. Uhh no, you fought for the freedom to burn the flag in protest. Without that freedom they are the ones disrespecting what those in the military died for.

I think there is a huge difference in holding on to someone who is openly being hateful then someone speaking their mind.

Freedom for some? That'll work.
I could see a redneck fan base team telling their players they are benched if they kneel, I can see a team like SF being OK with it. In a business it's all about the bottom line. I could also see the NFL saying white supremacist players are out just like they should be going against beating females.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool, my Sunday just opened up. Guess I just got 3 free hours to do whatever the hell I want instead of sitting in front of the TV.

Do you think there's fault on both sides?

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Kneeling for the anthem has nothing to do with the military and I wonder why people keep saying that. There are many military vets who support this

Wonder what would happen if Colin kaepernick would have a brother or sister die in the military and have a folded flag given to him during the funeral. Would he kneel then?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cool, my Sunday just opened up. Guess I just got 3 free hours to do whatever the hell I want instead of sitting in front of the TV.

so you're not gonna watch because the Steelers aren't coming out for the anthem!??????

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He'd watch if he knew Trubisky was starting. Priorities and all that.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steelers not coming out for the anthem. I suppose that solves the problem. I personally don't give a shit. Anyone thinking that people of color aren't treated differently than whites is a fucking idiot. I don't know that not standing for the anthem is the best way to protest but it is the opening topic on Fox and ESPN so the issue is certainly front and center.

Trump is also an idiot but, by now, that is just redundant.

Last edited:

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
It does not matter what the Constitution says? Did you really just say that?? The founding document of this country means nothing to you. The foundation of this country means nothing to you.

If left up to you we would still be indentured servants/slaves to the British.

Read what I posted again. I never said that the constitution means nothing. Let me clarify, it means that you have the freedom of speech yes, use it in a respectful and appropriate manner! Like Monday through Saturday by organizing peaceful protests and working to get things going in the right direction, not kneeling and disrespecting the nation that's given you everything you have. If people really feel that starved for attention do it in a positive way besides disrespecting everyone around them. Idk if you guys are in or have ever served in the military but I am currently serving in the military and it pisses me off that someone can't take 3 mins out of their day to honor this country. If you don't like what this country is you have two options really. Leave, or stand up for your rights IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER! That doesn't include kneeling during the anthem.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Oh, the constitution doesn't matter? Don't mind me. I'll just take away your right to bear arms. Don't like it? Fuck off. How bow dah?

People only hear and read what they want. Why don't you go back and actually read listen and dissect what I was saying. Then you might actually feel dumb for what you just wrote.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Freedom. I support players right to kneel, sit, stay in the lockerroom, or stand. Freedom isnt only “as long as you agree. As long as it’s peaceful, I support freedom of speech even for BLM or White supremacy idiots.

Of we only allow freedom of speech we like then its not really freedom at all.

peoriabear#1

Liked Posts:
This is a loser for the n f l. It will drive down viewer ship. It's all ready a watered down product. That has ballooned to three hour games, lets review everthing. It's the last thing the league needs. Yes everyone has the right to protest, and yes alot of people will be like fuck it, why watch? If I watch the game today before I go to work it's to watch the d, or see if the statute gets crushed. I am not affended if some one stands or not, but I'm sure alot are. If it's a hill the n f l wants to fight for they chose the wrong battle. It's a lose lose for the league

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
This is why I don't post here. I just wanted to shed some light from the military perspective but people are too damn stubborn to actually look at stuff from both sides. Have fun today everyone and GO BEARS!!!!!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Read what I posted again. I never said that the constitution means nothing. Let me clarify, it means that you have the freedom of speech yes, use it in a respectful and appropriate manner! Like Monday through Saturday by organizing peaceful protests and working to get things going in the right direction, not kneeling and disrespecting the nation that's given you everything you have. If people really feel that starved for attention do it in a positive way besides disrespecting everyone around them. Idk if you guys are in or have ever served in the military but I am currently serving in the military and it pisses me off that someone can't take 3 mins out of their day to honor this country. If you don't like what this country is you have two options really. Leave, or stand up for your rights IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER! That doesn't include kneeling during the anthem.
And who decides what and when approximately is the appropriate point.

A protest to get a point shown harmlessly and peacefully should still have the capacity to make one uncomfortable. Was protests to create new countries "appropriate" and respectful to the residents. We're other police or labor protests needed to be respectful to forces or did rable rousing Boston mascare protesting people show respect... there's not a protest moral rule of guidence.

You can think so and people can stop watching but there is no grand moral "right/wrong" here. It's just people with an arbitrary angry stance. Your stance even if in military isn't the military stance, plenty in the military support the active stance. To you and you alone is what your moral evaluation means. Not to others or to the military blankly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Freedom. I support players right to kneel, sit, stay in the lockerroom, or stand. Freedom isnt only “as long as you agree. As long as it’s peaceful, I support freedom of speech even for BLM or White supremacy idiots.

Of we only allow freedom of speech we like then its not really freedom at all.

This is why I don't post here. I just wanted to shed some light from the military perspective but people are too damn stubborn to actually look at stuff from both sides. Have fun today everyone and GO BEARS!!!!!!

Im a retired Vet and we dont agree, thats ok in this country.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People only hear and read what they want. Why don't you go back and actually read listen and dissect what I was saying. Then you might actually feel dumb for what you just wrote.

Oh, no, I understood what you said and responded in equally as Special person terms. Apparently you're too stupid to realize I was antagonizing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When did I ever say I was kicking anyone out? All I said was leave if you don't have enough respect in your heart to stand for people who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Yes, I do use what the constitution says to make a point every day of my life for the past 14+ years. And that's cause I have signed the dotted line and I am making the point to defend their freedom and yours. Like I said a time and a place for everything and if people don't want to stand for the national anthem (which signifies unity also especially during sporting events) then those people are the ones being racist and trying to separate themselves.

But you don't care what the constitution says. Got it. I guess you only read and hear what you want.