Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, you're talking to people that dont work much

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You do not understand the Constitution at all.

You don't understand law at all, you cannot sign away your rights, and your right to freedom of speech can't be signed away in a contract.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Yeah it can. A company can limit your freedom of speech. Constitution has nothing to do with rules of employer. Never heard of anyone getting fired for offensive speech

No it can't! And of course employment contracts need to follow common law and the constitution. You cannot sign away your rights in a contract. Offensive, hateful speech is not protected under freedom of speech. A contract cannot make you attend a religious event, because of religious freedom, well, it's the same, it can't make you stand for the national anthem.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think there are much better ways to get their point across but yes I support their right to protest. Guess in a way I will be protesting as well as I am going to shut the TV off during the anthem as I don't want to watch what will be going on.

That's actually kind of funny. You don't like them protesting the anthem so you plan on turning off the game during the anthem

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's called a code of conduct. Most companies have them and you sign it when you get hired. I'm done now. Rather watch game then go back and forth with an idiot

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
You don't understand law at all, you cannot sign away your rights, and your right to freedom of speech can't be signed away in a contract.

You do sign away a lot of your rights when you agree to a contract be it employment, loan, etc. I'm not sure what happens down in Mexico, but in America, things are way different.

cd35

Liked Posts:
Offensive, hateful speech is not protected under freedom of speech.

Yes it is. That is the entire point of freedom of speech. "offensive" and "hateful" are subjective terms that are commonly used by actual hateful people to try and silence others they don't like.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No it can't! And of course employment contracts need to follow common law and the constitution. You cannot sign away your rights in a contract. Offensive, hateful speech is not protected under freedom of speech. A contract cannot make you attend a religious event, because of religious freedom, well, it's the same, it can't make you stand for the national anthem.

Offensive, hateful speech is protected by the 1st amendment. Supreme Court ruled on this a long time ago. Why do you think the K_K_K can have rallies?

I would stop now before you get yourself hurt.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
It's called a code of conduct. Most companies have them and you sign it when you get hired. I'm done now. Rather watch game then go back and forth with an idiot

Code of conduct has nothing to do with freedom of speech, freedom of religion or freedom to act, within the law.

If you're employed by a Jewish company, you cannot be forced to wear a Kippah, or by a Muslim owned company to pray to the Mecca. It's the same thing. You cannot be forced to act in favor of other people beliefs.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Code of conduct has nothing to do with freedom of speech, freedom of religion or freedom to act, within the law.

If you're employed by a Jewish company, you cannot be forced to wear a Kippah, or by a Muslim owned company to pray to the Mecca. It's the same thing. You cannot be forced to act in favor of other people beliefs.

Sigh. This is over the top hyperbole and does nothing to make your point.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You do sign away a lot of your rights when you agree to a contract be it employment, loan, etc. I'm not sure what happens down in Mexico, but in America, things are way different.

Not basic human rights, you cannot sign away your freedom of religion, or liberty, you can't sign a contract to be a slave. I would lie, to see a Jewish owned company making everyone wear a Kippah, or a Muslim owned one wear a burka or pray to the Mecca, well, it's the same thing that make someone stand during the anthem against their will.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Not basic human rights, you cannot sign away your freedom of religion, or liberty, you can't sign a contract to be a slave. I would lie, to see a Jewish owned company making everyone wear a Kippah, or a Muslim owned one wear a burka or pray to the Mecca, well, it's the same thing that make someone stand during the anthem against their will.

God it's just painful to watch stupid people try to argue.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Offensive, hateful speech is protected by the 1st amendment. Supreme Court ruled on this a long time ago. Why do you think the K_K_K can have rallies?

I would stop now before you get yourself hurt.

It's not true in most free countries, you cannot create a political party that segregates and discriminates people, in Germany you cannot wear any Nazi brands or logos, or make a Nazi salute, etc. If that's the case for your country, them I'm sorry for you.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Colin was using the anthem as a platform to protest police brutality which is code name for white people hating minorities. The irony of his protest is that blacks kill each other by the thousands each and every year and yet Colin didn't find it in himself to use the NFL as a platform to protest that. They are a bunch of hypocrites.
One cause at a time and if you can't see it's different when those charged to protect you are the ones at issue vs criminals that happen to be in the neighborhood, you really don't get it. I think once speech is hateful enough, you're inciting violence or a riot which is illegal.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It's not true in most free countries, you cannot create a political party that segregates and discriminates people, in Germany you cannot wear any Nazi brands or logos, or make a Nazi salute, etc. If that's the case for your country, them I'm sorry for you.

America does have the Democratic Party.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the record, the constitution covers freedom from percecution from the government persecuting or jailing you for expressing your point of view. It does not protect you from consequences when representing a private entity.

Too many leftist idiots think the first amendment gives them the right to say whatever the hell they want whenever the hell they want and not suffer the consequences.

It's the latter part that is lost on them. You cannot say bomb in a movie theater your yell hijack in an airport and get away with it. Yet to hear leftists tell it, that would also fall under the First Amendment. Except it doesn't and neither does protesting while on company time.

When you work for a private entity, you serve at their leisure and must follow their rules. If the company allows protest, okay. If it does not then the first amendment isn't going to protect you from being fired by that company.

Another thing is that if the company allows you to protest on their time but the customers who purchase their product do not like said protest, that is the company's decision which will put themselves at a significant risk. It is stupid business. Michael Jordan was once asked why he didn't get more politically active when he was a player. His response was genius from a business perspective: " because even Republicans buy shoes." That is a smart businessman who keeps politics, religion, and other divisive influences out of his business, for the sake of continuing to make money. And if you are not in business to make money and you don't understand the point of a business.

If the NFL had a brain, they would demand that all players must stand for the national anthem so, have people going around to the players to explain that national anthem has nothing to do with police brutality but rather respecting men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our freedoms, and then create a part of the NFL office or Commission that would help players who wish to protest various things to do so on their own time with groups that would positively reflect on the league.

Instead of, the numbers for the NFL have been doing the lean ever since Kaepernick started his protest and the sports media started covering it.

And when surveyed, the people who no longer watch the NFL mostly are saying that they stopped not because of slower boring games but because of Rich, spoiled athletes disrespecting the flag, and the men and women who served. Leftists and leftists in the media may do everything with pretzel logic that they can talk around this, but that remains the number one polled reason why people are turning the NFL out.

And it isn't just the NFL. And it's not just people who voted for Trump.

The Emmys had their lowest rating ever. This summer was the worst for Hollywood movies in quite some time. The reason is really simple. Escapism.

People watch sports and movies to get away from the crazy world. It's a way to tune everything else out for something fun and engaging. When idiots drag politics in to sports on game day, and into their movies then it ceases to be escapism and the things that people are trying to escape from are present in their entertainment.

To the dumb leftist, they see this as the perfect opportunity to win people over to their side of the argument. The reality is people get fed up and tune out. They go find their escapism elsewhere. When it comes to big business, you can either work to earn a profit, or hold strongly to the political ideal, but not both. Injecting politics into anything will kill a business.

The people in their deluded Echo Chambers won't be able to grasp this to do their own cognitive dissonance, but I will be quite curious to see what the ratings for the NFL are over the next 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Many of the things you said I agree with and a few I don't. I really didn't expect this sort of response to what I responded to though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great win today and you dorks are talking about this. WTF?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great win today and you dorks are talking about this. WTF?

We have beat that dead horse already many times? How many ways can you possibly put into words that Mike Glennon sucks and shouldn't be starting, the defense is okay, the running game is solid and Mitch should be starting already.