Bears ownership refuses to take a stand

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pro sports have more powerful unions than do most jobs, they don't have to do everything the company wants them to do. Thats why they have collective bargaining agreements.

Don't be a house slave

Ummm, yeah, the CBA is the employment contract that both sides agreed upon. The players cannot do things outside the CBA.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Snowflake is someone who bitches and moans about a man not being able to use a woman's bathroom. There's a difference between that and deciding to tune out a product that has many members of it disrespecting the armed forces and the people who fought and died for this country.

Anyone who can't see the difference between the two is mentally unhinged.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The flag and national anthem is not (rather, should not be) a symbol of the armed services of this country. It's representative of the country as a whole. It's no more for soldiers than it is for plumbers.

That the military is viewed entwined with the flag itself is deeply concerning.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Ummm, yeah, the CBA is the employment contract that both sides agreed upon. The players cannot do things outside the CBA.

Why are none of these players being suspended by their teams for protesting then? lol

Yes massa I do anything the company wants massa. Thats what you sound like. Unions my boy, unions.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Yes. But I've never been as whipped as some people in this thread it seems.

It's not about being whipped. If your job is to sell potatoes, you can't spend your working hours trying to sell tomatoes. That's the entire point. These guys are being paid to play football not make political statements. They can make their political statements during the week or in the offseason.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Why are none of these players being suspended by their teams for protesting then? lol

Yes massa I do anything the company wants massa. Thats what you sound like. Unions my boy, unions.

They aren't being suspended because it's not against company policy. However, NFL is losing customers and a lot of them and it's because of this. Expect changes if the trend continues.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
It's not about being whipped. If your job is to sell potatoes, you can't spend your working hours trying to sell tomatoes. That's the entire point. These guys are being paid to play football not make political statements. They can make their political statements during the week or in the offseason.

They can make political statements when ever they damn well please. Just because you collect a paycheck doesn't mean you forfeit your free-will.

It's sad how sycophanitc so many Americans are to their employers.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He was just tired from standing.

That’s been my prevailing theory since it happened!

Remember that at first, he wasn’t kneeling. He was just sitting on the bench being a lazy ass. Then people noticed it and asked him about it, and he had to make something up.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I'm actually happy that ownership didn't get involved. The majority of NFL viewers just want to watch the game, not have politics injected into it.

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we please keep politics out of sports? Cant your anti whitey protests wait until youre on your own time?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
They can make political statements when ever they damn well please. Just because you collect a paycheck doesn't mean you forfeit your free-will.

It's sad how sycophanitc so many Americans are to their employers.

No one says they have to forfeit their free will but they might forfeit their paycheck as a result. Just look at Colin. Unemployed because of his decision to use gameday as a platform. He certainly could do it since it was not strictly prohibited by the NFL, but in the grand scheme, it was since he is now without a job.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The flag and national anthem is not (rather, should not be) a symbol of the armed services of this country. It's representative of the country as a whole. It's no more for soldiers than it is for plumbers.

That the military is viewed entwined with the flag itself is deeply concerning.
Only to leftists.

Everyone else honors those who fight for our country and our freedom.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You must abide by company policy while on company time. That's part of your employment contract. Have you ever been employed?

You can't be this dumb, you cannot lose your rights when you sign any employment contract, even if the contract says it, a contract can never be over the constitution. Basic law for you.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Kudos to the Bears. While they locked arms it a sign of unity with the NFL players, not a single one knelt or protested. Smart business decision.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They aren't being suspended because it's not against company policy. However, NFL is losing customers and a lot of them and it's because of this. Expect changes if the trend continues.

How do you think the NFL would fair with half of the players suspended? In this instance the players have the power.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
You can't be this dumb, you cannot lose your rights when you sign any employment contract, even if the contract says it, a contract can never be over the constitution. Basic law for you.

You do not understand the Constitution at all.

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it can. A company can limit your freedom of speech. Constitution has nothing to do with rules of employer. Never heard of anyone getting fired for offensive speech

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk