Bears reaching out to DeCosta

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why must you do this to me Pompei!

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Sorry, "expressed interest" not asked to speak yet.

@danpompei: Bears also expressing interest in Ravens OC Gary Kubiak for Head coach.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
@danpompei: Bears are expressing interest in Eric DeCosta of Ravens for GM.

I don't know. His Wikipedia page looks kinda impressive.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Haha and reports have already surfaced that he probably won't be interested because he doesn't want to work w/ Ted Phillips. Hey now! Who would've guessed that! Haha, I'm really starting to get the nagging feeling the Bears are really gonna "Bears" this up.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
This may be the one thing that would make me happy about the future of the Bears if they would do whatever it takes to bring him on board.

Not because I have any real knowledge of his abilities over the other candidates, but because it would be an indication of this franchise being willing to change their status quo method of running a football team. It would give me some hope.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I don't know. His Wikipedia page looks kinda impressive.

He is impressive, but he's also the crown prince in Baltimore. He has it written into his contract that he'll succeed Ozzie Newsome when he retires and he's already being paid like a GM now. So the Bears would have to give up a pretty penny to get him, as well as gobs of organizational power (as in Ted Phillips getting neutered to a business-only role).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
@danpompei: Bears are expressing interest in Eric DeCosta of Ravens for GM.

I wouldn't doubt if every team that ever needs a GM has at least put in a call just to let him know they're interested. Would love for him to answer our call though.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
DeCosta has been a hot name for a few years now and it would take a lot to pry him from the Ravens so if that happened it would be a really good first step.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'll just say this. If the Bears pull this off by giving him some VP title putting him on equal ground with Phillips just on the football side I will truly be excited about this team's direction for the first time in my life.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
he's the guy. now convincing him to come here is another story.

as far as kubiak, i think he would be a solid if unspectacular hire. he's a high floor low ceiling choice, which after the trestman debacle might not be a bad thing.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Haha and reports have already surfaced that he probably won't be interested because he doesn't want to work w/ Ted Phillips. Hey now! Who would've guessed that! Haha, I'm really starting to get the nagging feeling the Bears are really gonna "Bears" this up.
Hey, as long as Ted keeps his job that is all that matters. It's all about Ted.

Rise

Liked Posts:
On Kubiak he does not excite me as a HC. Seems like his team's underachieved big time in Houston. However him with Wade Phillips as DC we could do a lot worse and if that's what brings DeCosta so be it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

hey look, it's a Bernstein fan boy.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
On Kubiak he does not excite me as a HC. Seems like his team's underachieved big time in Houston. However him with Wade Phillips as DC we could do a lot worse and if that's what brings DeCosta so be it.

i agree. it's not exactly an inspired choice but he definitely knows offense and would bring balance and a solid run game here. i have always wanted to see forte in a denver style zone run offense.

with the right d.c. i'd be all right with kubiak. i'm weary of rolling the dice on another unproven coach. at least you know what you're getting with kubiak.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
they should just position this as a way for DeCosta to jump start his legacy. In Baltimore he will always be overshadowed by ozzie; in Chicago he could create his own legacy and he has wiggle room to do it. I dont think anyone here is expecting playoffs anytime soon lol...