Bears reaching out to DeCosta

Rise

Liked Posts:
they should just position this as a way for DeCosta to jump start his legacy. In Baltimore he will always be overshadowed by ozzie; in Chicago he could create his own legacy and he has wiggle room to do it. I dont think anyone here is expecting playoffs anytime soon lol...

Inspire him with money and power. He needs the VP title and to only have to answer to the McCaskeys. If he feels this job is as secure as Phillips job is plus he gets a lot more money I don't see how he says no to that?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Ravens have been a top caliber org for a long time. I'm not sure why our focus would be on FO guys from poor performing organizations. We're looking at guys from the Titans? The Titans are garbage.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Ravens have been a top caliber org for a long time. I'm not sure why our focus would be on FO guys from poor performing organizations. We're looking at guys from the Titans? The Titans are garbage.

Exactly what I've been saying. Hire guys with results not potential or sound the part. What have you done? Don't over think it.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a conspiracy fella's. Lets throw DeCostas name out there and get the CCS Homers in a :fap: frenzy!!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Haha and reports have already surfaced that he probably won't be interested because he doesn't want to work w/ Ted Phillips. Hey now! Who would've guessed that! Haha, I'm really starting to get the nagging feeling the Bears are really gonna "Bears" this up.

I believe this. Just shows to me how competent he really is. The key to our hope was in the press conference they said if they need to make the right guy a President to get him here they would. I am hoping that was DeCosta they were talking about. I see no way he comes here and has to answer to a football moron like Phillips though and I don't blame him. He needs the captain hat to this ship and the Bears would be very wise to give it to him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Im thinking Ernie has connections where he can have a better chance than Ted or George to get Decosta to interview.

Im not holding out hope for this tho. I think he's happy with his situation in Balt and happy to wait for Newsome to retire which will likely be soon

Some people just don't like change so he might be happy where he's at even if a better job/offer comes and his family might be happy in Baltimore. I'd love to have him though as would everyone i'm sure.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything I've read/heard is that DeCosta has worked for the Ravens forever. He is the clear heir-apparent to O. Newsome. He has no motivation to leave the Ravens. If the Bears want him they would have to give him a lot of the control and a lot of money. I'm not saying it is impossible but it would take a lot to get a guy to leave a (good) organization for another team; regardless of the team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
he's the guy. now convincing him to come here is another story.

as far as kubiak, i think he would be a solid if unspectacular hire. he's a high floor low ceiling choice, which after the trestman debacle might not be a bad thing.

But same goes for if we bring in a offensive guy for HC as if we brought in a defensive guy in that we would need him to hire a DC that is already a proven winner. No chances in these next hires we need proven guys.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe this. Just shows to me how competent he really is. The key to our hope was in the press conference they said if they need to make the right guy a President to get him here they would. I am hoping that was DeCosta they were talking about. I see no way he comes here and has to answer to a football moron like Phillips though and I don't blame him. He needs the captain hat to this ship and the Bears would be very wise to give it to him.

I think the Phillips stories are a bunch of crap. What I do know is, he's happy as hell in Baltimore, he's turned down multiple interviews over the years, and that he's smart enough to know when he has a good thing, and stick with it. What it seems to me is, that many of our CCS Koolaiders have moved on from the "Harbaugh dream" and weaved a new one.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is news I've wanted to here since JA was axed.

Now its up to George to wow the shit out of DeCosta and give him every bit of power he wants and a blank check.

There is no better candidate.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
On Kubiak he does not excite me as a HC. Seems like his team's underachieved big time in Houston. However him with Wade Phillips as DC we could do a lot worse and if that's what brings DeCosta so be it.

Wasn't DeCosta also in Baltimore while Rex was their to??

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Didn't they say they would reorganize the structure for the right person? Wouldn't this be the right person to reorganize the structure for?

That was all bs. SOB - Same Ol Bears

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Didn't they say they would reorganize the structure for the right person? Wouldn't this be the right person to reorganize the structure for?

This.

I thought that was the plan?

Newblood

Liked Posts:

Yes. I believe DeCosta would be as good of a reason as anything to reorganize. Whether that would be enough to get him to the Bears is another story.