Bears reaching out to DeCosta

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Yes. I believe DeCosta would be as good of a reason as anything to reorganize. Whether that would be enough to get him to the Bears is another story.

The Bears won't do it. They're putting it out there that they're talking to the top candidates, and then they will hire the old Bears friend in Ballard

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is news I've wanted to here since JA was axed.

Now its up to George to wow the shit out of DeCosta and give him every bit of power he wants and a blank check.

There is no better candidate.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

I don't think there's any way to wow him though cause he doesn't even take the interviews.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As I have mentioned in my thread :

THIS IS ALL GEORGE!! HIS #1 DARKHORSE CANDIDATE!!!

Ernie did not recommend DeCosta FYI

Actually i think you said he had 2 darkhorse candidates correct??

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I think the Phillips stories are a bunch of crap. What I do know is, he's happy as hell in Baltimore, he's turned down multiple interviews over the years, and that he's smart enough to know when he has a good thing, and stick with it. What it seems to me is, that many of our CCS Koolaiders have moved on from the "Harbaugh dream" and weaved a new one.

So should we just hire perennial losers then?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@FulphilO: Source: surprised DeCosta on table if Phillips is truly on Business side. @DaBearsBeat

Apparently DeCosta might be interested if he is made President of Football Operations and doesn't answer to Teddy.

George did say they would restructure for the right guy.

Ozzie is 58 he could easily work for anothe 7-10 years.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I don't think there's any way to wow him though cause he doesn't even take the interviews.

Sometimes teams completely sell out for a guy they want. They could make major concessions. They can be aggressive and really express interest. The Bears are not willing to do any of that and would rather settle on a subpar candidate.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As I have mentioned in my thread :

THIS IS ALL GEORGE!! HIS #1 DARKHORSE CANDIDATE!!!

Ernie did not recommend DeCosta FYI
Most sought after GM candidate the last 3 years is not a dark horse.

FYI:
Full Definition of DARK HORSE
a : a usually little known contender (as a racehorse) that makes an unexpectedly good showing
b : an entrant in a contest that is judged unlikely to succeed

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wasn't DeCosta also in Baltimore while Rex was their to??

Yeah he was. All I'm saying is DeCosta gets his Coach if that's what it takes and who he wants I'm on board. I just believe in the guy and think he is the best candidate by far. If I had a choice of Harbaugh as HC or DeCosta as GM id take DeCosta without blinking (as an example) and I love me some Harbaugh lol.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
@FulphilO: Source: surprised DeCosta on table if Phillips is truly on Business side. @DaBearsBeat

Apparently DeCosta might be interested if he is made President of Football Operations and doesn't answer to Teddy.

George did say they would restructure for the right guy.

Ozzie is 58 he could easily work for anothe 7-10 years.

If thats what it takes to land the guy then they have to show they are serious and give him what he wants.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
A lot of money in power could get DeCosta here. Bears need to do what it takes. Problem is, the Jets can offer the same deal.

Rise

Liked Posts:
FulphilO? I'd love to believe him but I need a more credible sounding source.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
A lot of money in power could get DeCosta here. Bears need to do what it takes. Problem is, the Jets can offer the same deal.

The Jets can also offer mediocrity, no potential, and a QB that no one else wants.

I don't think he wants that job. With a shrewd move and with permission from the McCaskeys, he can at least move Cutler out.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

The Jets can also offer mediocrity, no potential, and a QB that no one else wants.

I don't think he wants that job.

Isn't that almost exactly where the Bears are right now? Mediocrity, a quarterback nobody wants, and not a lot of young talent?

Rise

Liked Posts:

They can, and if he chooses them but we offered the keys to the kingdom then so be it. What will tick me off is if we hear reports about choosing Phillips over him and that's why we got some clown from the Chiefs or Titans that nobody thought of even 4 days ago.