Bears reaching out to DeCosta

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me it's Decosta or bust. I think reports coming out that he would not be interested in the Bears job if it meant answering to Philips are probably from his camp. Translation is Decosta is interested in the Bears job if he only answers to George.

Bears need to give him the power and money he needs to seal the deal, period. 3 years ago it sounded like he might have been interested but answering to Philips and having to keep Lovie on reportedly scared him away. I think he wants this job and now it's time for George to do what he said he would in his pressser and get this train back on track.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I see a silver lining in that report. That if Phillips is still involved in football decisions DeCosta would not be interested. So, would he be interested if Phillips was pushed to the side? That report never said he wasn't interested and this was one of those situations George talked about where the Head Coach > GM > President > Chairman model would be restructured.

I don't think George is stupid enough to reach out to DeCosta knowing where he stands if he's not willing to put Phillips to the side and give DeCosta more power.

They have already stated that they are willing to restructure Phillips role if the right person was available and it required such to get that person.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Heh.

How about DeCosta as Team President (kicking Teddy to the side), Vince Newsome as GM, and Kubiak as our HC?

I think DeCosta would be occupying both roles of GM and President.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Is what I hate is when a reporter asks nearly the exact same question as a another reporter had previously asked. As if the person being questioned will, for some reason, answer the question this time or the reporter will get a better response. And/Or, it gives me the impression that the reporter has no clue what is going on and didn't notice that the question was already asked.

Chicago Media sucks. There are only a handful of reporters I respect; Hoge is good, Jahns is ok, Dierken is good, Bowen is awesome but isn't a journalist, Moon is alright and so is Dickerson. Haugh, Morissey, Telender, Peggy, Kaplan, Biggs, Hub (well not all the time), Bernstein, Boers, Greenberg, Wright. They suck.

I also like Stacey Dales when she's on the Bears beat.

Most of the time the questions that are asked reflect a narrative those journalists are trying to write. They're loaded questions asked to illicit an answer they're looking for, which I guess a lot of reporters do nowadays.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
They have already stated that they are willing to restructure Phillips role if the right person was available and it required such to get that person.

Which is what I said in my post. That this type of situation is what George talked about in his press conference.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like has been mentioned, a Decosta addition is even bigger than a Harbaugh addition. Players are more important than coaches and this team has been lacking in home grown talent for too long. If Decosta is all he is cracked up to be this would be the single handed best move made to the franchise in decades.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the way to land DeCosta:

George: I only have two questions for you to answer: what will be your title/responsibilities and how much do I make the check out for?

:support:

Holy hell George, jump on this shit

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a heartening report. DeCosta has supposedly told others he is not interested in the Bears' job if he has to report to Sweaty Teddy. Surely the Bears are aware of that report. The fact that they're still interested means they may truly be interested in doing things a different way, something they alluded to in the Monday press conference, but something that seemed far-fetched based on Phillips's front-and-center performance.

If the DeCosta story has legs, it will be proof that King George is willing to push Phillips aside to the business end of things for the right candidate. And DeCosta, make no mistake, would be the right guy.

Pompei is also reporting the Bears' interest in Gary Kubiak for HC. Kubiak is another "right guy." Things could be looking up.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Media sucks. There are only a handful of reporters I respect; Hoge is good, Jahns is ok, Dierken is good, Bowen is awesome but isn't a journalist, Moon is alright and so is Dickerson. Haugh, Morissey, Telender, Peggy, Kaplan, Biggs, Hub (well not all the time), Bernstein, Boers, Greenberg, Wright. They suck.

Hub Arkush has the best Bears insight in this city and across the nation, bar none!

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Hub Arkush has the best Bears insight in this city and across the nation, bar none!
Hub has an agenda. That's why I don't like him. He has good info but I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt because he always seems like he has an axe to grind with the Bears. Plus he's an ass.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub has an agenda. That's why I don't like him. He has good info but I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt because he always seems like he has an axe to grind with the Bears. Plus he's an ass.

Yes, Hubris Arkush can be a pompous ass. But I don't think he has any agenda, or an ax to grind. He tells it like it is on the Bears and quite frankly there hasn't been much good to say.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Yes, but the NY media is brutal. Chicago is better because of that.

Chicago media is also brutal, they are just so incompetent that it seems tame once you decipher their narrative.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Yes, Hubris Arkush can be a pompous ass. But I don't think he has any agenda, or an ax to grind. He tells it like it is on the Bears and quite frankly there hasn't been much good to say.
Meh, I remember him saying drafting Kyle Long was a 'blown pick' and his half-hearted apology admitting he was wrong to top it off.

Sure, everyone misses sometimes but it's how he goes about things and that's why I don't respect him.

Give me Hoge, Dierkin, Bowen all day long. They are objective and rationale. Hub is not.

Rise

Liked Posts:

This exactly. Why trust a media guy who has been saying good things about the Bears the last few years? Wouldn't that make them wrong and bad at their jobs (Larry Meyer)? Hub tells the truth, it's just not what any of us want to hear because we want the Bears to be good.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Haha and reports have already surfaced that he probably won't be interested because he doesn't want to work w/ Ted Phillips. Hey now! Who would've guessed that! Haha, I'm really starting to get the nagging feeling the Bears are really gonna "Bears" this up.
THIS

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, I remember him saying drafting Kyle Long was a 'blown pick' and his half-hearted apology admitting he was wrong to top it off.

Sure, everyone misses sometimes but it's how he goes about things and that's why I don't respect him.

Give me Hoge, Dierkin, Bowen all day long. They are objective and rationale. Hub is not.

Hubris apologizes for his comments on the Kyle Long pick and admits his mistake everytime Long is brought up whether he's asked to or not. Guy is the goods, and you've gotta love the earring, too.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Heh.

How about DeCosta as Team President (kicking Teddy to the side), Vince Newsome as GM, and Kubiak as our HC?

That would be perfect except replace Kubiak with Rex Ryan. I like the idea of hiring DeCosta to be the president and him bringing in his guy as a GM who would do his bidding ala Theo-Jed or Gar-Pax type of system.