Bears reaching out to DeCosta

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Hubris apologizes for his comments on the Kyle Long pick and admits his mistake everytime Long is brought up whether he's asked to or not. Guy is the goods, and you've gotta love the earring, too.

The earring makes him look stupid. Again, to me he comes off as a guy with an agenda.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be perfect except replace Kubiak with Rex Ryan. I like the idea of hiring DeCosta to be the president and him bringing in his guy as a GM who would do his bidding ala Theo-Jed or Gar-Pax type of system.

Hopefully more like a Bowman - Coach Q type of system that bears championships.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To me it's Decosta or bust. I think reports coming out that he would not be interested in the Bears job if it meant answering to Philips are probably from his camp. Translation is Decosta is interested in the Bears job if he only answers to George.

Bears need to give him the power and money he needs to seal the deal, period. 3 years ago it sounded like he might have been interested but answering to Philips and having to keep Lovie on reportedly scared him away. I think he wants this job and now it's time for George to do what he said he would in his pressser and get this train back on track.

It's definitely not DeCosta or bust. I would love to get him and hope they give him whatever he wants but there's other GM's that we can win with besides DeCosta.

Nick80

Why are the bums still dithering on this signing?

tumblr_lpu2sua1OQ1r1sj6oo1_500.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears could offer a far better situation to DeCosta then they offered last time.

Last time we were a total mess. This time it is a clean slate and the Bears may be able to move Teddy away from him.

I hope he is tired of waiting.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
DeCosta was priority number one when Angelo was canned the Bears made a massive push then and he rejected their overtures then. DeCosta is the GM in waiting we've been down this road before and the Ravens boosted his pay and guaranteed he'd be the guy when Ozzie retires.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
DeCosta was priority number one when Angelo was canned the Bears made a massive push then and he rejected their overtures then. DeCosta is the GM in waiting we've been down this road before and the Ravens boosted his pay and guaranteed he'd be the guy when Ozzie retires.

Late breakings news.

(stay tuned for the breakdown on whether fire burns)

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

Thanks for bringing some new information.

Rise

Liked Posts:

3 years is a long time. Plus as far as we can tell he still had to come here with the baggage of Phillips and Lovie. To me if I didn't want to do that and had my current employer willing to offer me the same pay with the promise of a job doing it the way I believed in down the road I'm pretty sure I'd stay to. Thing is it does no good to come out and bash the Bears as to why he was rejecting the offer, so instead he praised his love for Baltimore.

If the reports are true that he is interested, but only if Phillips isn't his boss, then the above scenario seems plausible enough to me. This time he can get the same type of setup as the Ravens can offer him, but not only that he gets the added power which comes from being the President of Football Operations.

Granted this is a lot of ifs, and history shows the Bears never get the guy in these type of situations. But we can at least hope that maybe, this time, it will be different.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears could offer a far better situation to DeCosta then they offered last time.

Last time we were a total mess. This time it is a clean slate and the Bears may be able to move Teddy away from him.

I think it's kind of the Rick Hahn situation with the White Sox. He was hands down our best front office guy and one of the best in the business, but he was stuck behind Kenny Williams who was the GM at the time. A lot of teams came after Hahn and he declined because he was the GM in waiting. Then, Kenny was promoted to VP I believe and Hahn took over as GM. I imagine Hahn told the guys above him that he was going to jump for another GM job if they didn't promote him.

I see the same thing happening with DeCosta. Look, you may have loyalty but when you are the hottest guy on the market year after year it starts planting seeds in your mind. And who knows when Ozzie will retire. At some point the Ravens need to shit or get off the pot or they will lose DeCosta because a team like the Bears will come in and offer him a ton of power and a ton of money. The fact that he didn't outright reject our pursuit of him is a positive. It tells me he's somewhat interested if the situation is right.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Ozzie Newsome is still only 58. The man could work another 10 years. It's time to offer DeCosta a shitload of money and the title of President of Football Operations. If he turns it down, then what can you do.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Ozzie Newsome is still only 58. The man could work another 10 years. It's time to offer DeCosta a shitload of money and the title of President of Football Operations. If he turns it down, then what can you do.

It's the easiest and obvious thing to do. Don't need Accorsi to tell them this. George just needs to grow a pair and tell that whole board "You told me to fix this then let me fix it, Phillips go count my money and make a lot of it for yourself, but get out of my fucking way!"

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Let me guess, you like Ballard

Ummmmm i can't seem to find in ANY of my posts where you would even get an inclination of such a thing so could you please share on what i said that you felt the need for that comment??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ummmmmmm thank you for that. Now do you have anything that hasn't been said over and over and over again??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Has anyone ever said the reason why he doesn't want to work under Teddy?? There has to be a reason for this but i haven't heard anyone give a reason for him pretty much singling out Teddy??