Bears record over their last 162 games…

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am honestly going to try to become a fan of another NFL team. I'm still not sure which one, though.

(maybe not full-time forever, but it would be nice to remember what it feels like when a team you like plays meaningful football, because the Bears sure don't)
...please God ✝️🤞

mecha

Liked Posts:
Only 39 games behind Packers. We can do it, have faith in the process
even if the Bears win every single game for the next 20 years they'll like just break even.

we'll be dead by then. we'll never see the Bears lead the Packers head to head.

jive

Liked Posts:
If not for that 1 winning season in the last 10 years, it would look even worse.

cd35

Liked Posts:
It's actually much worse than that. They've been an absolute bottom rung organization since the mid to late 60's. You can even make a case that the 80's team was one of the worst underachievers, only making it to one SB. If you take this franchise seriously and don't laugh at the endless comedy, well, idk what to say.

What they should do is since he does own them, have Aaron Rodgers hire the personnel, from the GM down to signing players. Probably do much better

jive

Liked Posts:
It's actually much worse than that. They've been an absolute bottom rung organization since the mid to late 60's. You can even make a case that the 80's team was one of the worst underachievers, only making it to one SB. If you take this franchise seriously and don't laugh at the endless comedy, well, idk what to say.
That was a team that had 5 HOFers, 2 on offense, 3 on defense.
They did not have all these rules that favored offenses
They did not have a salary cap

Winning only one Superbowl with that team required some mismanagement and bad coaching

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
even if the Bears win every single game for the next 20 years they'll like just break even.

I mean, I was being facetious

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I will bump this in 77 months when Justin Fields is on the cusp of winning Superbowl with Browns.
That would be right in line with this franchise.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You've convinced me not to. Shall we meet at an airport for some fisticuffs, you fucking pedo?
I was right; you were wrong.

Go play with your Star Wars action figures, tough guy. 🤣

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
…if it was an MLB standings layout

This is a bottom tier franchise. There is no other way to describe this dumpster fire. 4th worst record in the league over that time frame, worst in the NFC.
Are you just now realizing how bad the Bears are? They've been one of the worst franchises in the NFL since the mid 1960s.

Going back to the 1963 NFL championship the Bears have won 10 or more games a total of 14 times in 60 years.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I know the McCaskey's are hated here like Matt Nagy but . . .didn't butkus and sayers get drafted the same year? 2 ELITE hall of famers. Not borderline but ELITE, ALPHA MALE, TOP DAWG hof'ers couldn't even yield team victories. Lots of last place finishes with individual highlights.

those teams didn't have that one guy manning the most important position either, WONDER WHAT THAT POSITION IS CALLED??? Hmmmmm

They also drafted a WR from Mich. St. named Dick Gordon, who was an All-Pro....not sure who to compare him with today's players..he was 5'10', very fast, and good in his open field running after the catch...but fast! Also, their 3rd 1st rd pick was a DT out of Tenn named Steve Delong....he ended up signing with San Diego and had a very good career. Still had the bidding for players in '65. It was NFL and AFL back then. I know that DeLong's son played in the NFL..but can't remember with whom. They also signed Brian Piccolo as an UDFA....Plus they lost Jim Nance to the Pats, i think. Frank Pitts WR signed with KC and was on the SB I & IV teams.....Frank Cornish was a DT and had a pretty good career with da Bears....I think Ron Smith DB was signed as a UDFA...not 100% sure, but he had a good career with Da Bears....that was a great draft....funny the human mind, how we can remember such trivial things from so far back....but I have always loved da Bears for some strange reason.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Are you just now realizing how bad the Bears are? They've been one of the worst franchises in the NFL since the mid 1960s.

Going back to the 1963 NFL championship the Bears have won 10 or more games a total of 14 times in 60 years.
Ouch!!! I knew it was bad, but...yikes!!!

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

At one point, I thought I would NEVER see the Packers ahead in the series....and it was like 6 years ago, they grab the lead for the FIRST TIME EVER!!! THAT'S RIGHT.......EEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!! Thank you McCaskeys...Virginia...you should have listened to Papa Bear and never ran off to elope with that guy. See what his genes did to this beloved franchise?

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

What they should do is since he does own them, have Aaron Rodgers hire the personnel, from the GM down to signing players. Probably do much better
To be fair...those Bears teams only healthy one year going into the playoffs......and I'll give everybody one guess which year that was. I mean, they really were 'banged up' in the other years.....with me there is some leniency.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Only you could turn this stat into the only (victory) lap you will ever do in your life

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's like I've been asking those who want to put all the talent on defense, what are you trying to defend?

It has to be McCaskeys forcing an outdated Papa Bear legacy on the new coaches/GMs. Other than Trestman it's not like we're going outside of the league to hire them.

Trestman had lost the team with hand holding in the showers, there was no saving him. If Emery got another HC that he was allowed to pick that would've been the only chance, but he paid Cutler way too much money for damaged goods so he would've just rode that contract out and been out himself anyway.