Bears record over their last 162 games…

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This 10 year window started right after Lovie was fired. This may be the first time I looked back at their season by season record since Lovie. Now I wonder why I was so stupid to have any type of unrealistic expectations for this year when there is no track record over the past decade to warrent it.
Since Lovie was fired before the 2013 season the bears have had 4 different coaches and 3 GMs. One of the single most important things any organization must have to be successful is consistency. When you have this many changes at coach and GM over 10 years you are not winning jack shit! It also points to an even bigger problem which is ownership and the executives in charge of doing the hiring dont have a clue wtf theyre doing. It looks like yet again its a string of more bad hires. The D coordinator is gone, the offensive coordinator is utterly terrible and the head coach hasnt given the fan base a single reason to get excited. The GM isnt off to the greatest start but thats a position that takes a bit more time to know what youve got but so far the results are pending. Im afraid that until ownership changes this is who the bears are going to be.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Talk all the crap you want about Mitch and Nagy but at least they won a damn division title and had a +138 point differential. Outside of the SB team in 06 (+172) we hadn't done that well point differential wise since 1986 (+165, and +258 in the SB year). Nagy has been one of the better coaches in this franchise (winning record, AP coach of the year). It goes Halas, Ditka, Lovie, Nagy, sad but true.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
…if it was an MLB standings layout

This is a bottom tier franchise. There is no other way to describe this dumpster fire. 4th worst record in the league over that time frame, worst in the NFC.
It’s not easy being a Bears fan. I wish they could find a competent NFL caliber coach, they haven’t had one since the Lovie era. I alway come back to time, you extend that variable out long enough and eventually they will stumble into a quality coach that can develop players start winning. I probably won’t be alive, but what do you do. Ownership sucks too and they have really just always found a way to fuck shit up. All they way back to the 85 Bears, that should have been a dynasty but they couldn’t keep 2 coaches happy. If you had to choose 1 coach why on earth wouldn’t you pick the innovator in buddy Ryan?

Time dude, one of these days. It will be sweet when those days finally come

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Talk all the crap you want about Mitch and Nagy but at least they won a damn division title and had a +138 point differential. Outside of the SB team in 06 (+172) we hadn't done that well point differential wise since 1986 (+165, and +258 in the SB year). Nagy has been one of the better coaches in this franchise (winning record, AP coach of the year). It goes Halas, Ditka, Lovie, Nagy, sad but true.
Nagy May have been a worse head coaching hire than the Canadian coach they hired. they could have had the coach of the year in Bruce arians and instead picked a Canadian coach, it’s not really even the same ducking sport!

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How fucking pathetic is this franchise? I guess we can still laugh at the Browns.
Niners are looking to be around for a few years. Rams & Giants not so much but they are both far more relevant than the dumpster fire in Chicago. Assuming the Bears keep their picks, this franchise just might be burning it down all over again. Only the 5th time in 11years!

If it’s next year, it would be Poles leading that tear down, that didn’t leave me with warm fuzzy feeling.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its like I've been saying for a couple years now, the only way it changes is if they get lucky.

or if/when Virginia dies and they hopefully get a competent owner. I say IF because at this rate she'll live forever. When she finally keels over it'll be the greatest moment for this franchise since beating the Saints in the NFCC.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was right; you were wrong.

Go play with your Star Wars action figures, tough guy. 🤣
Uhhhh, I don't play with them. They are mint in box! I hope you read this post in March when you come back. ❤️