Bears Roster vs Packers Roster

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Other than middle linebacker can you name a position the Bears are better at than the Packers?

Biggs mentioned he talked to a personel guy who said outside of middle linebacker the Packers are better at every position than the Bears.

Agree? Disagree?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kicker?

Kick returner?

lol

Liked Posts:
You can take that all the way to the coaching and front office.

Packers wouldn't even hire Nagy if he applied to be the water boy.....male cheerleader maybe dho.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Better at offense, better at defense and in the case of the quarterback position, better at sucking D. Packers have it all.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Overall positions, I think the Bears have better ILBs and DLs. OLB is close if Quinn gets his head out of his ass. But the Bears have several players that would start if you combined the 2 teams. Mack is better than any of their OLBs. Hicks is better than any of their DEs. Fuller would start opposite Alexander at CB. Roquan definitely and maybe Trevathan would start. On offense, Whitehair would have a spot, obviously so would Robinson opposite Adams.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Overall positions, I think the Bears have better ILBs and DLs. OLB is close if Quinn gets his head out of his ass. But the Bears have several players that would start if you combined the 2 teams. Mack is better than any of their OLBs. Hicks is better than any of their DEs. Fuller would start opposite Alexander at CB. Roquan definitely and maybe Trevathan would start. On offense, Whitehair would have a spot, obviously so would Robinson opposite Adams.
I would also take Monty over Jones.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other than middle linebacker can you name a position the Bears are better at than the Packers?

Biggs mentioned he talked to a personel guy who said outside of middle linebacker the Packers are better at every position than the Bears.

Agree? Disagree?

I have to agree strongly, and that sucks

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Since when is Hicks a DE ?

greg23

Liked Posts:
I would also take Monty over Jones.

This is funny

We're better at roquan smiths position
The kicker
The kick off returner
The punt returner (when Cohen is healthy)

Basically we own them in 1/3 of the game..too bad we never get any punt returns vs them, never can utilize the fg kicker because We're so far behind and rarely kick off

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
Packers are better, but that's because of one player.

Packers fans know that their team is a 5-11 team without Rodgers. He's so damn good that he elevates everyone else's play, even the guys on defense.

But what the heck, let's go through all the positions and see who has the edge. I'll include guys on IR for consistency's sake. Packers offense def has a BIG edge while defense is more in favor of Chi.
ST is slightly in favor of Chi because of Patterson's return ability.

QB: Rodgers BIG EDGE Trubisky/Foles
RB: Jones/Williams/Dillon PUSH Montgomery/T.Cohen/Patterson
WR: Adams/Lazard/Funchess/MVS EDGE Robinson/Mooney/Miller/Wims
TE: Tonyan/Sternberger/Lewis EDGE Kmet/Graham/Harris
OL: Dbak/Jenkins/Lindsey/Patrick/Turner BIG EDGE Leno/Daniels/Whitehair/Ifedi/Massie
K: Crosby PUSH Santos

DL: Hicks/Goldman/Nichols EDGE Lowry/Clark/Keke
LB: Mack/Roquan/Trevathan/Quinn EDGE Z.Smith/Kirksey/Barnes/P.Smith
CB: Alexander/King/Sullivan PUSH Fuller/J.Johnson/Skreen
SS: Savage/Amos EDGE Jackson/Gipson
P: JK Scott PUSH P. O'Donnell

KR: C.Patterson BIG EDGE J. Williams
PR: T.Cohen EDGE T. Austin
Coverage: Bears EDGE Packers (mainly because of Patterson's ability to get downfield)

*I think I got the Packers guys on IR correct, but if any of the resident GB fans want to correct me, feel free.

IMO, the two areas where the Packers are clearly better than Chicago is at QB and OL. Receivers/TE slight edge because of Adams being so damn good, the emergence of Tonyan and deep threat of MVS.

On defense, Packers have been playing a lot better in the second half of the season. But the sentiment around here - I live in NE Wisconsin - is that the same old sorry ass defense that reared its ugly head in the postseason in the past will do it again at some point in this year's playoffs.

But in the end, it comes down to AR. He is the pulse of the team. If he doesn't have spectacular games in the postseason, the Packers are done. Interesting to note, that AR is quite mortal in the postseason - especially in NFC Championship games. His numbers are way, way down over his regular season stats.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Packers are better, but that's because of one player.

Packers fans know that their team is a 5-11 team without Rodgers. He's so damn good that he elevates everyone else's play, even the guys on defense.

But what the heck, let's go through all the positions and see who has the edge. I'll include guys on IR for consistency's sake. Packers offense def has a BIG edge while defense is more in favor of Chi.
ST is slightly in favor of Chi because of Patterson's return ability.

QB: Rodgers BIG EDGE Trubisky/Foles
RB: Jones/Williams/Dillon PUSH Montgomery/T.Cohen/Patterson
WR: Adams/Lazard/Funchess/MVS EDGE Robinson/Mooney/Miller/Wims
TE: Tonyan/Sternberger/Lewis EDGE Kmet/Graham/Harris
OL: Dbak/Jenkins/Lindsey/Patrick/Turner BIG EDGE Leno/Daniels/Whitehair/Ifedi/Massie
K: Crosby PUSH Santos

DL: Hicks/Goldman/Nichols EDGE Lowry/Clark/Keke
LB: Mack/Roquan/Trevathan/Quinn EDGE Z.Smith/Kirksey/Barnes/P.Smith
CB: Alexander/King/Sullivan PUSH Fuller/J.Johnson/Skreen
SS: Savage/Amos EDGE Jackson/Gipson
P: JK Scott PUSH P. O'Donnell

KR: C.Patterson BIG EDGE J. Williams
PR: T.Cohen EDGE T. Austin
Coverage: Bears EDGE Packers (mainly because of Patterson's ability to get downfield)

*I think I got the Packers guys on IR correct, but if any of the resident GB fans want to correct me, feel free.

IMO, the two areas where the Packers are clearly better than Chicago is at QB and OL. Receivers/TE slight edge because of Adams being so damn good, the emergence of Tonyan and deep threat of MVS.

On defense, Packers have been playing a lot better in the second half of the season. But the sentiment around here - I live in NE Wisconsin - is that the same old sorry ass defense that reared its ugly head in the postseason in the past will do it again at some point in this year's playoffs.

But in the end, it comes down to AR. He is the pulse of the team. If he doesn't have spectacular games in the postseason, the Packers are done. Interesting to note, that AR is quite mortal in the postseason - especially in NFC Championship games. His numbers are way, way down over his regular season stats.

Our entire O is better at every single position with ease lol. That you think your RBs even approach ours is a joke lol.

Our pass rushers are better too.