Bears should see if Matt Ryan is available.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You got Philadelphia throwing every single rumor out there, Las Vegas trying to get a king's ransom for Carr, Texans sitting on Watson, and drama over in Seattle.

Meanwhile the Falcons draft fourth in a quarterback heavy draft.

Maybe Matt Ryan might be a cheaper option to trade for?

Hopefully the Bears at least kick the tires on that one.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No, for a few reasons.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
So is Stafford really that good or was it mainly Megatron?

Similarly is Matt Ryan really that good or was it mainlyu Julio Jones?

Megatron and JJ and HOF WRs - two of the best in every way imaginable other than Larry Fitz the last 5-10 years.... so any QB looks much better than he normally is without him ....

Pass.....

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If he costs about the same as Foles cost I don't see a problem with it.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Ryan probably isn't getting traded, he's counting $40M against the cap as it is right now and if traded that number jumps to nearly$44M. Falcons are in cap hell with no really way to get out from under it. They're already $31M over the projected cap trading Ryan hurts them more than it helps

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is Stafford really that good or was it mainly Megatron?

Similarly is Matt Ryan really that good or was it mainlyu Julio Jones?

Megatron and JJ and HOF WRs - two of the best in every way imaginable other than Larry Fitz the last 5-10 years.... so any QB looks much better than he normally is without him ....

Pass.....

I here this argument often. Trouble is, it isn't grounded in reality and spoken by people that don't have a clue.

Newsflash, Calvin Johnson played in the league for 3 years prior to Stafford becoming a full time starter. It just so happens that when Stafford became a full time starter (he only played 3 games on 2010, 10 in 2009)that is when Cj's numbers went through the roof.

It's also a fact that Stafford's numbers did not drop off at all after CJ left.
Based on Stats, it is Stafford that made Cj a HOF receiver. Not vice versa.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't want the Bears to pick up a FA QB, just to make a change.....Watson would be the exception.
Wentz, Carr and Ryan are all just not the difference makers we need. Those three remind me of Foles and the ginger giraffe, just an endless rotation of mediocre QBs.....

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I think his contract is un tradable. Isn't the hit horrendous if they trade him? Also, I don't see the Bears being a good QB away from a SB so I'm not giving up anything for an aging QB to be a statue behind a below average Oline. Oh yeah and have to pay the guy a ton of money. It's no all the way around

discplayer

Liked Posts:
The Falcons are NOT trading Ryan. He is essentially non-tradable (contract $) and the new HC/OC want to go into first year with his experience under center. Also intend to have the young QB they draft sit and learn from him.

The following year MIGHT be a different story, but not if Matt has a great year under A. Smith. The guys is healthy and in the best shape of his career.

And to those who attempt to claim Jones as the reason for Ryan’s success, nice try. Ryan has spread it around a plenty over the years. Jones, while a tremendous athlete like Calvin was, he is injured more often than he’s not. No where near as dominating as CJ was for his entire career.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I here this argument often. Trouble is, it isn't grounded in reality and spoken by people that don't have a clue.

Newsflash, Calvin Johnson played in the league for 3 years prior to Stafford becoming a full time starter. It just so happens that when Stafford became a full time starter (he only played 3 games on 2010, 10 in 2009)that is when Cj's numbers went through the roof.

Staffords win percentage didn't drop off either?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Johnson had a great year before Stafford got there....Johnson had 1300+ yards and 12 TDs in a year before Stafford......One could easily argue that Johnson was already pretty fucking good even before Stafford.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No thank you, for reasons myself and others have stated in other threads.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No to Ryan. Never steps up for the big game. Biggest choke artist of all time.