Bears should see if Matt Ryan is available.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Jerry Rice made Montana a better QB. Montana was a great QB who got even better with a phenomenal WR. Like Johnson made Stafford a better QB during those years. When did Stafford have some of his best stats? The years he was playing with Megatron.
Depends on which sat your referring to, passing yards of QBR/Rate, in which case Stafford stats become better after CJ left.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Depends on which sat your referring to, passing yards of QBR/Rate, in which case Stafford stats become better after CJ left.
Touchdowns/Passing yards went down and QBR went up a little. Point being, great Wrs help QBs then the other way around.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you're being realistic though we are not getting Watson.

and by saying you want the draft you are saying you trust Matt naggy and Ryan Pace to get the pick correct AND that even if they do get it correct that the drafted quarterback will be ready to go and win out of the gate.

You have much more faith in them than I do.
Sorry I'm just now responding, work beat my ass yesterday

Watson IS a fantasy, but...Speak it, Believe it, Receive it! THE ONLY QB WORTH TRADING FOR!

I don't have any real faith in Pace & Nagy, and in saying that.. that's one of the reasons I don't want them trading for a vet QB($mike glennon$, nick foles) look at the money wasted on those two guys! Id rather them take a swing at a QB in the draft. will they hit a home run? doubt it, but we would be saving A LOT of money & draft picks

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
For the record, I hope everyone realizes I'm not saying that Ryan is the greatest quarterback since sliced bread or anything like that.

but when you actually look at the options of what we could realistically get our hands on, he's a hell of a lot better than those... Just saying. because no, Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson are likely not realistic options.

Instead you are looking at Jimmy G, Carson Wentz, and Derek Carr who may be the best of the bunch but also possibly not available.

After that you are on to the next tier of quarterback, which you already have in Nick Foles, had in Mitch trubisky, or could likely get in jameis Winston, that is if you like going eight and eight again and having a season full of turnovers.

Or we could just draft the 6th or 7th best quarterback in the draft who probably won't be any damn good anyway, and even if they are, we are in the position where our head coach and GM are trying to save their jobs so they likely are going to go with a veteran quarterback regardless of how people feel.

Matt Ryan is not my first choice.

But when you start looking at the other options realistically, it becomes a lot better option if possible than the majority of the discussed alternatives...
Ryan isn’t even in the team picture of the greatest quarterbacks since sliced bread. He shouldn’t be considered an option unless he is released from Atlanta...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that was stupid.
And When Stafford leads the Rams deep into the playoffs next year, and has better stats then Wilson, everyone will reverse their argument and claim it's because Stafford had better coaching, a better defense, yada yada yada.