Bears should see if Matt Ryan is available.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Horrible thread. The poster who started this should be stoned to death. I’m taking participants now so I know how many stones to buy and ship out.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I here this argument often. Trouble is, it isn't grounded in reality and spoken by people that don't have a clue.

Newsflash, Calvin Johnson played in the league for 3 years prior to Stafford becoming a full time starter. It just so happens that when Stafford became a full time starter (he only played 3 games on 2010, 10 in 2009)that is when Cj's numbers went through the roof.

It's also a fact that Stafford's numbers did not drop off at all after CJ left.
Based on Stats, it is Stafford that made Cj a HOF receiver. Not vice versa.
Johnson racked up 1331 yards and 12 TDs in 2008 with horrible QB play and made a name for himself. He would have been great with our without Stafford.

Jay2Marsh

Liked Posts:
Well if a bunch of dumbo biggums want Derek Carr then why is Matt Ryan that much worse of a decision? They're both going to produce about the same and neither will make a huge difference or put up crazy numbers on The Bears lmao.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Johnson had a great year before Stafford got there....Johnson had 1300+ yards and 12 TDs in a year before Stafford......One could easily argue that Johnson was already pretty fucking good even before Stafford.

Never said he wasn't good, but he had 16 touchdowns and 1680 yards when Stafford had his first full year, then the following year he had almost 2,000 yards.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well I could be wrong, but over the yrs, Atlanta has had better talent than us on offense. If Ryan can't make there, what's he gonna do here.
He would do nothing for the Bears. He’s past his “prime” and lie you said would never have the weapons he had with the Falcons. Ryan is completely different QB with and without Jones/Ridley.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said he wasn't good, but he had 16 touchdowns and 1680 yards when Stafford had his first full year, then the following year he had almost 2,000 yards.

That isn't proof that Stafford made Johnson great.

In fact there is no way to prove it either way.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well if a bunch of dumbo biggums want Derek Carr then why is Matt Ryan that much worse of a decision? They're both going to produce about the same and neither will make a huge difference or put up crazy numbers on The Bears lmao.
Age is a huge factor. Carr has never had the weapons Ryan had and still produces similar numbers. Carr is more mobile and has a better long ball. Ryan’s contract > Carrs. A lot of reasons a why Carr would be a better QB to go after.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
And then he dropped to 984 yards or something like that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That isn't proof that Stafford made Johnson great.

In fact there is no way to prove it either way.

I agree, but the facts don't support what the poster I was replying to was claiming, My point wasn't meant to say Calvin would not have been great without Stafford, rather that an argument can be made Johnson benefitted as much if not more from Stafford then vice versa.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, but the facts don't support what the poster I was replying to was claiming, My point wasn't meant to say Calvin would not have been great without Stafford, rather that an argument can be made Johnson benefitted as much if not more from Stafford then vice versa.

Your argument is just as false....there is no proof either way on who benefitted more from whom...

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If the Bears could get him without the first, I would do it honestly.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And then he dropped to 984 yards or something like that.
You don't have a clue what your talking about. The 2009 year your referring to Stafford had just over 8 full games and it was his rookie year. The following year Stafford only played 3 games. And then when Stafford played the full season CJ's yard went like this:

2011 1681
2012 1964
2013 1492
2014 1077 (CJ missed nearly 4 games this year)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your argument is just as false....there is no proof either way on who benefitted more from whom...

That's not true, ,as there are stats that show Stafford's production didn't decline after CJ left.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
An absolute upgrade but I’m not giving up anything for him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not true, ,as there are stats that show Stafford's production didn't decline after CJ left.
again, that isn't proof....this isn't a controlled experiment

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Ryan huh? How's he gonna survive or fit with the OL?

Seriously, we are seeing a huge surplus of QB's in the league finally. We are a couple years late but should really just put every investment we can into making a nice seat for a QB and expect one will see it and want to take it, or that we can draft and plug if necessary.

Draft a T 1st. Sign the best tackle you can. I think we can solve Guard/C internally.
Get Robinson back or something comparable.

Some good investments are there, I can see us rebounding with a LT and a QB. Maybe our personel isn't as bad as I was thinking, but we've been a mess for a while so that perception is there and the o-line hasn't had much injury luck.

Still...objectively a pair of tackles that can play would make a huge difference and the rest of the offense has some investments.