Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, I know he hasn't looked good yet, but it looks like Washington is going to have the number 1 or 2 pick, and likely are going to take a QB. Bears could probably get Haskins at less than value and go into next year with Trubs at starter and Haskins as the backup. Bears situation is better than Redskins, and Haskins played at a legit college against legit opponents in college and put up some ridiculous numbers. He rekt Michigan, Northwestern, and Washington, the former and latter having legit good defenses. From how little I seen of him so far, he seriously lacks situational awareness, but a throw he made to McClaurin last week (that was called back) was legit better than anything I've ever seen from Trubisky (college or otherwise). The Trubisky experiment is done. He should be back next year as the starter with Haskins waiting in the wings. What say you?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The next Ohio State QB to be worth a shit will be the 1st Ohio State QB to be worth a shit. I'll take Gruden's opinion on him, which was not to take him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The next Ohio State QB to be worth a shit will be the 1st Ohio State QB to be worth a shit. I'll take Gruden's opinion on him, which was not to take him.

Weird argument. How many Texas Tech QBs were worth a shit in the NFL before Mahomes?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
for a 5th round pick, yes

I'm sure it would cost more than that, but I wouldn't give up a first round pick in the deal. Rosen got a second and fifth in return. I'd consider the same for Haskins.

Would not be opposed. Can’t be worse than Mitch.

Yes, he definitely can. If you were older, you would realize there was a decade called the 90s, where the Bears ran out much worse QBs than Mitch on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Matt Leinart, Sam Darnold, and Mark Sanchez all came from QBU and all would like a word with you about that.
Edit: how could I forget Matt “The Savior” Barkley

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm sure it would cost more than that, but I wouldn't give up a first round pick in the deal.

Yes, he definitely can. If you were older, you would realize there was a decade called the 90s, where the Bears ran out much worse QBs than Mitch on a weekly basis.
I meant Haskins but keep on giving history lessons for free on a message board.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

We all know you are talking about Willie Tom Peters, not cool bruh.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Matt Leinart, Sam Darnold, and Mark Sanchez all came from QBU and all would like a word with you about that.
Edit: how could I forget Matt “The Savior” Barkley

I think its funny you consider USC "QBU"
Not sure anyone considers them a "QBU" besides USC fans. I'll wait to see what you can pull up

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm sure it would cost more than that, but I wouldn't give up a first round pick in the deal. Rosen got a second and fifth in return. I'd consider the same for Haskins.

You really think Snyder will give up on his pick this quickly? Do you know how big of an ego that asshole has?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You really think Snyder will give up on his pick this quickly? Do you know how big of an ego that asshole has?

If they get Burrow, yes, I do.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think its funny you consider USC "QBU"
Not sure anyone considers them a "QBU" besides USC fans. I'll wait to see what you can pull up
Full disclosure I did grow up a huge USC fan so I’m a little biased but a lot of people think, and have for some time, USC is QBU

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Oh hell no. You won't find the fix for the Bears QB problem in the junkyard.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Yeah, I know he hasn't looked good yet, but it looks like Washington is going to have the number 1 or 2 pick, and likely are going to take a QB. Bears could probably get Haskins at less than value and go into next year with Trubs at starter and Haskins as the backup. Bears situation is better than Redskins, and Haskins played at a legit college against legit opponents in college and put up some ridiculous numbers. He rekt Michigan, Northwestern, and Washington, the former and latter having legit good defenses. From how little I seen of him so far, he seriously lacks situational awareness, but a throw he made to McClaurin last week (that was called back) was legit better than anything I've ever seen from Trubisky (college or otherwise). The Trubisky experiment is done. He should be back next year as the starter with Haskins waiting in the wings. What say you?

1. If Pace hadn't gotten rid of half of the team's draft picks, I'd be all on board.

2. It's cute that you think Pace would want a QB that isn't milky white.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Full disclosure I did grow up a huge USC fan so I’m a little biased but a lot of people think, and have for some time, USC is QBU

I put USC QB's in the same category as Miami QB's from their heyday--one good QB (Kelly & Palmer) and a whole bunch of shit. Pretty boys that had a lot of domiante collegiate talent around them but lacked any NFL-quality skills.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I put USC QB's in the same category as Miami QB's from their heyday--one good QB (Kelly & Palmer) and a whole bunch of shit. Pretty boys that had a lot of domiante collegiate talent around them but lacked any NFL-quality skills.
I mean that’s fair but no school consistently turns out “good” NFL QBs. If that was the case that HC would be in the NFL making $10M / year. The best metric for QBU is how much NFL talent a school puts out and how consistently they do it. USC is unrivaled in those two categories.