My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck you OSU haters! Justin Fields > *

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm up for anything at this point. I do like the thought of trading for a young QB rather than signing a vet like Mariota/Keenum/Winston or trading for Dalton/Cam.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Haskins is doomed to fail. He's like Mitch in that he was only a one year starter in college. He's a little different in that much of his college production was hitting WRs that were 3+ yards open. He's having a lot of trouble with his mechanics, keeping his eyes downfield and the overall speed of the game.

I'd add, Haskins was a Dan Snyder pick. His son went to school with them and they were buddies. For Dan Snyder to cut bait on him this early you have to know he's just terrible.

As an overarching theme I'd say with the QB position settling for someone that 'has to be better than Mitch' isn't good enough. Look at a player/prospect and seriously ask 'can I see the team winning a Superbowl with this player?' If the answer is 'no' then they have no purpose on your roster.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Would not be opposed. Can’t be worse than Mitch.
You can't look at it this way with the QB position.

Getting slightly better leaves you in the same spot where you are just looking to replace that guy 1-2 years later. You get completely stuck in a spot where you have no chance to win.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes they will. They are better all around than the dolphins.
Dolphins have 5 first round picks and 4 2nd round picks over the next 2 years. In far better position to fix their problems than the Bears are. Building through the draft, that's how the Niners did it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Dolphins have 5 first round picks and 4 2nd round picks over the next 2 years. In far better position to fix their problems than the Bears are. Building through the draft, that's how the Niners did it.

If they hit.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
As an overarching theme I'd say with the QB position settling for someone that 'has to be better than Mitch' isn't good enough. Look at a player/prospect and seriously ask 'can I see the team winning a Superbowl with this player?' If the answer is 'no' then they have no purpose on your roster.

Please stop making logical posts. I have been trying to hate on Eagles fans for decades now and you are making me question my own convictions with every tap of the "Like" icon.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Please stop making logical posts. I have been trying to hate on Eagles fans for decades now and you are making me question my own convictions with every tap of the "Like" icon.
Nah, your right. Eagle fans are mainly meatballs. With that being said their are always good fans for every single team.

Except the Cowboys. All of those fans are human garbage.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You can't look at it this way with the QB position.

Getting slightly better leaves you in the same spot where you are just looking to replace that guy 1-2 years later. You get completely stuck in a spot where you have no chance to win.
I haven’t watched much of Haskins at all, but he can’t as innacurate as Mitch right? And I mean consistently missing wide open receivers? Acquiring a QB with that basic ability is a pretty significant upgrade by itself.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Haskins is doomed to fail. He's like Mitch in that he was only a one year starter in college. He's a little different in that much of his college production was hitting WRs that were 3+ yards open. He's having a lot of trouble with his mechanics, keeping his eyes downfield and the overall speed of the game.

I'd add, Haskins was a Dan Snyder pick. His son went to school with them and they were buddies. For Dan Snyder to cut bait on him this early you have to know he's just terrible.

I'm interested in Haskins because I think the coaching staff will have a blank slate to work with, not because he can be marginally better than Trubisky. That's a question mark. Maybe he becomes great, maybe he's worse, maybe he's the same, I don't know. I just know it'd be basically the same as drafting a QB except he has gotten some sort of playing time at the NFL level. His release certainly concerns me, just seems really slow, but I did like the way he moved in the pocket in the last game. We'll see how he progresses this season, but the Redskins are just such a horrible franchise and situation. I honestly think they are the worst team in the league.

The Snyder bit is interesting, that I didn't know.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers