Bears should trade for Haskins

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean that’s fair but no school consistently turns out “good” NFL QBs. If that was the case that HC would be in the NFL making $10M / year. The best metric for QBU is how much NFL talent a school puts out and how consistently they do it. USC is unrivaled in those two categories.

Odd, I don't consider guys who couldn't hack it at the professional level "NFL talent." Were they picked? Yes Did they suck massively? Yes I don't think a school should get credit for consistently sending positional busts to the NFL as a "U."

PSU is known as LBU since they have always had good LB's. Miami had a run of TE's last decade. UGA is churning out stud RB's lately. USC & QB's last decade? LMAO

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Also, Slovis is a guy to keep an eye on. USC has a stacked roster, especially considering the lack of talented programs out west right now. If USC gets a real HC, they will be in the playoff in a couple of years.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
1. If Pace hadn't gotten rid of half of the team's draft picks, I'd be all on board.

2. It's cute that you think Pace would want a QB that isn't milky white.

I'd hope that his failure would show him that white QBs are on the way out in this league.

Here's his last game. Specifically look at the throw at 4:03 (same play starts at 3:46). He steps up in the pocket and throws a 55 yard rocket on the move, while hitting McClaurin in stride. We're lucky if we get an accurate 15 yarder from Trubs with the WR on a hook route. Even the play prior, you see him step up and avoid the first rusher, despite being taken down by the second.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Odd, I don't consider guys who couldn't hack it at the professional level "NFL talent." Were they picked? Yes Did they suck massively? Yes I don't think a school should get credit for consistently sending positional busts to the NFL as a "U."

PSU is known as LBU since they have always had good LB's. Miami had a run of TE's last decade. UGA is churning out stud RB's lately. USC & QB's last decade? LMAO
I assume you think there should not be a QBU then? Because no program is or ever has consistently turned out good QBs the way PSU does with LBs and Miami has done with TEs. But just for context, the last time USC did not have a future NFL QB on their roster was 1996. That’s fucking unheard of.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Also, Slovis is a guy to keep an eye on. USC has a stacked roster, especially considering the lack of talented programs out west right now. If USC gets a real HC, they will be in the playoff in a couple of years.
@UrbanMeyer

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I assume you think there should not be a QBU then? Because no program is or ever has consistently turned out good QBs the way PSU does with LBs and Miami has done with TEs. But just for context, the last time USC did not have a future NFL QB on their roster was 1996. That’s fucking unheard of.

QBU? I honestly wouldn't give any school that title.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@UrbanMeyer

If Meyer went to USC, they would be 11-1 next year going into December with a shot at the CFP and probably in the playoff the next season. Slovis has had some turnover issues as a freshman, there have been plenty of injuries and some bad luck this season but the pieces are definitely there. Outside of OSU, USC is the closest to SEC speed as there is in the country--if they don't already match it.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s fair, but people are fixated on assigning a “U” to every position so

Good point. I guess they could, Cassel had a decent run for a couple of years too.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If Meyer went to USC, they would be 11-1 next year going into December with a shot at the CFP and probably in the playoff the next season. Slovis has had some turnover issues as a freshman, there have been plenty of injuries and some bad luck this season but the pieces are definitely there. Outside of OSU, USC is the closest to SEC speed as there is in the country--if they don't already match it.
USC certainly has SEC skill guys but their trenches are still fat and under developed just like the Lane Kiffin days. Meyer would certainly crush the rest of the PAC 12 but he would need a year or 2 to bring the lines up to par with the rest of the country.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh, so they take Herbert instead.

If Herbert busts in Cincy, that would be one hell of a nightmare for Bengals fans--another top 3 Oregon QB busts out just 20 years later. Herbert looked like shit vs Auburn for the 2nd half but has actually played well since then. Auburn's defense is easily one of the most talented D's out there this season. I know, I watch them every week since I work with their alumni & booster clubs. They are the only team to slow down Burrow this year.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
USC certainly has SEC skill guys but their trenches are still fat and under developed just like the Lane Kiffin days. Meyer would certainly crush the rest of the PAC 12 but he would need a year or 2 to bring the lines up to par with the rest of the country.

Well I hope he doesn't go there because he will turn them around in no time.
He will be in a situation with even less stress than OSU. He would only have the occassional surprise PAC-12 team, Petersen's Washington and a decent ND program to contend with. Not sure if Cristobal stays in Eugene.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If Herbert busts in Cincy, that would be one hell of a nightmare for Bengals fans--another top 3 Oregon QB busts out just 20 years later. Herbert looked like shit vs Auburn for the 2nd half but has actually played well since then. Auburn's defense is easily one of the most talented D's out there this season. I know, I watch them every week since I work with their alumni & booster clubs. They are the only team to slow down Burrow this year.

I meant that Washington takes Herbert if Cincy gets Burrow, but I honestly can't see those two NOT having the top 2 picks and NOT taking a QB. I'm finishing up on the Haskins vid. He's very raw. I don't really like his release, but he does seem to do a decent job of stepping up in the pocket. Much better than I've ever seen from Trubs. I'd be more than willing to take a chance on him since the Bears don't have a 1 this year.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Obviously this will depend on who they hire as head coach, but I really doubt the Redskins are going to give up on Haskins this early. They will take Chase Young with the number two pick and ride out next season with Haskins. If he sucks they will be in position next year to draft Lawerence or Fields and still have a generational talent pass rusher.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Slovis looks really good.

Hard to see the Bungles winning more than one game, and they will likely have the tiebreaker over WAS and MIA. I'd be surprised if they didn't take Burrow.

To me there's a huge drop off from Tua pre-injury to Herbert. I'd be really wary of Herbert at #2.

I wouldn't want Haskins for anything more than a 4th rounder, and that's not happening.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt the Redskins give up on Haskins this early or trade him for less than a 2nd even if they did decide to draft another QB.