**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

jcl2399

Liked Posts:
So lets see here in 1 season we were an EH offense to one of the best after Emery said you want an O I'll give you and O. Now we all say we want a D and Emery says I'll give you a D. All Hail the Emery! This is awesome!

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm not here to be a hater. I'll always be a fan of Jared Allen and I don't dislike the Bears like I hate the Packers or anything like that. I legitimately feel Allen is a bad fit with the Bears needs. He won't help with the league's worst rushing defense.

So the Bears shouldn't pick up any pass rushers on defense then? Makes sense...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
It's a 4yr/ $32M deal for Jared Allen that voids to 3yrs/$24M with $15.5M guaranteed. That guarantee is in line with the Ware contract

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
Allen's deal includes guaranteed base salaries in the 1st 2yrs as well as a full guaranteed roster bonus due next March

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport 14s
RT @RapSheet Jared Allen’s contract: 4 years at $32M that voids to 3 for $24M. $15.5M is fully guaranteed, per source.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I've been pretty quiet on the Allen front. I honestly didn't want him for the longest time. But the more I thought about it, this was almost a "must" move for the Bears. Once the Packers got Peppers, the Bears had to make the next move. As it stood, the Packers + Peppers increased their advantage over the Bears by a decent amount, if only for the fact that Peppers almost certainly will beast against the team that cut him. Allen is a big splash move, and it just so happens he has dominated the GB O-line in his career. He missed the 1st game against them this past year, and was just coming back by the 2nd game. But he had at least 3 sacks against them in 2011 and 2012. And has had more success vs. the GB OTs than he's had against anybody not named J'Marcus Webb.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allen's wife IS from chicago

Last edited:

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
images

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Carlos-Boozer-Open-Mouth-Shock-Reaction-Chicago-Bulls.gif

Actually fairly surprised by this move. Didn't quite think they could pull off the deal with Allen wanting 10 mil a year. Must've got him to take something smaller.

Just one thing, Jared. Don't break my heart, my achy--breaky heart...or I'll pun you to death.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
This is amazing. I am PUMPED to watch our line next year. Another day, another signing, and for Uncle Phil the beat goes on.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty shocked by this. Happy about it, but surprised. it's too bad Vikes didn't sign Raji, though, to complete our NFCN musical chairs...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I feel WAY better about the Houston signing now. For quite awhile I've been pretty vocal saying I didn't get the moves made because this sort of Allen signing didn't appear imminent. Houston at LE I can see has being a potentially massive upgrade. Allen should be at worst as good as Peppers was if not substantially better. At about $8 mil a year for Allen and $7 for Houston that's pretty reasonable for the next few years assuming Allen just doesn't fall off a cliff. It gives Emery time to stock up on some players and develop. I'm a bit more on board with a DT at 14 now though CB and S may arguably be as big if not bigger needs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great signing by the Bears here. Makes the Willie Young move seem a bit odd in retrospect(however it makes the Peppers move make a ton more sense)......nonetheless a really nice move by Emery. If the Bears can get a DT in the draft, especially in the 1st round you have to like what they've done with the line.

Last edited:

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I'm not here to be a hater. I'll always be a fan of Jared Allen and I don't dislike the Bears like I hate the Packers or anything like that. I legitimately feel Allen is a bad fit with the Bears needs. He won't help with the league's worst rushing defense.

The other 2 ends the Bears picked up are good against the run, so the Bears needed pass rush, Allen fits that need as we all know.

I'm liking the moves....but we still have to worry about Tucker being able to use any of these players....

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Surprised like hell is the only way to describe. I didn't even know we were in contention for Allen at this point. Cutler re-structured to make this happen? SWEET BABY JESUS I LOVE CUTLER and I LOVE ALLEN now.