Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I take it you didn't see the posts right above yours.

If you're talking to me. I refreshed the page twice to make sure I wasn't creating a double post and there were no threads yet. Maybe I missed it because I was pretty pumped at the news, but I think we must have been posting at the same time.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Surprised like hell is the only way to describe. I didn't even know we were in contention for Allen at this point. Cutler re-structured to make this happen? SWEET BABY JESUS I LOVE CUTLER and I LOVE ALLEN now.

Whoa, calm down their buddy, the only favor Cutler did was except a 5 million dollar check.

Let me know if you ever need any favors.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 12m
Allen to receive $32M over four years, with $15.5M guaranteed, per @MikeGarafolo. Translation: contract is 2 years, $15.5 million.

Fuckin highway robbery.

Reactions: Ray

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of Allen, but the move had to be made and I'm happy we did it. He gives you a legit pass rushing threat and if we can hit on a DT somewhere in the draft, we might have a decent to good D-line. He will hopefully give us 2 good years which would hold it down until we find a long term solution.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
If you're talking to me. I refreshed the page twice to make sure I wasn't creating a double post and there were no threads yet. Maybe I missed it because I was pretty pumped at the news, but I think we must have been posting at the same time.

I don't even know why you'd assume I was talking to you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@adbrandt: Allen to receive $32M over four years, with $15.5M guaranteed, per @MikeGarafolo. Translation: contract is 2 years, $15.5 million.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
So I guess Biggs was spot-on again? He sure has the Bears figured out...How many times has this guy tried to negatively spin something only to have Emery shut him up by doing the opposite days later?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. I thought this was a friggin joke.
Welcome Aboard Mullet !!!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to be excited about this and the fact that he had 11.5 sacks last year helps. But I sort of feel like, meh, we overpaid a 32 year old guy who won't play out his contract. I guess every quality signing, no matter the price, still gives Emery more flexibility in the draft, but this feels like a desperation move to make up for blowing it so badly with the McClellin pick. Since he's getting roughly as much this year as the Packers are paying Peppers I guess I will be satisfied if he just outperforms him.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Bears sign Jared Allen

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Britain Steelers Vikings Football
AP
In one of the most surprising signings in free agency to date, the Bears have acquired Jared Allen.

Allen, the former Vikings star, was widely believed to be nearing a deal with the defending champion Seahawks. Instead, he’ll stay in the NFC North but head south to Chicago.

“We are extremely happy for Jared, his wife Amy, our fans and the Chicago Bears that Jared has agreed to terms,” Bears G.M. Phil Emery said in a statement.

On the Bears’ defense, Allen serves as the replacement for Julius Peppers, who departed for the Packers in free agency.

The 31-year-old Allen may not be quite the complete, all-around player he was a few years ago. But he’s still a very good pass rusher, having recorded 11.5 sacks last season. The Bears know that Allen can get after the quarterback, and now they want him doing it in Chicago eight games a year.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I want to be excited about this and the fact that he had 11.5 sacks last year helps. But I sort of feel like, meh, we overpaid a 32 year old guy who won't play out his contract. I guess every quality signing, no matter the price, still gives Emery more flexibility in the draft, but this feels like a desperation move to make up for blowing it so badly with the McClellin pick. Since he's getting roughly as much this year as the Packers are paying Peppers I guess I will be satisfied if he just outperforms him.

Welcome to Bears football, where the draft never works out so we have to pickup everyone in free agency.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really like what this gives us on the line. You need 3 DEs in the NFL with the amount of rotating that is done.

Peppers
McClellin
Wootton

Allen
Houston
Young

That is a significantly better rotation.

Imagine 3rd down staring at

RE: Allen
DT: Houston
NT: Donald
LE: Young

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6bf8722647d429252f373cdd6a821ef0_bigger.jpeg
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 33m
I just got fired for being a fuckidiot tardmonkey #fatass

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I don't even know why you'd assume I was talking to you.

I started the thread and I don't start many or post often even though I'm on here several times a day. Thought maybe I missed another thread with the same news.