Bears sign Hill to offer sheet (Update: Saints match it)

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
i can prove that in a year that you said he quit, he still had 17 receptions and 100 yards more than your new savior had in his entire career.

2 mil a year and saving 5 mil more and getting a 4th round pick. Younger player who busted his ass behind a great TE and now gets his shot.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hill is a good special teamer, a decent blocker and an occasional big endzone target.

Not much more than that. And really the Bears need that.

Dont over-inflate this signing and dont be a douchebag hater trying to sarcastically compare him to Bennett. He means something different to the Bears. Not a Martellus replacement.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Any reason why people are bothering with mongo?

Because he is the voice of reason?

Becasue he said the D would suck in 2013 and 2014 and it did.

Becuase he said Emery was dumb ass before anyone on her figured it out and was right?

Because he said Tucker was a fucktard before anyone on here (save bff51) figured it out?

Because he actually wants the team to win games instead of us getting participation trophy?

Because I don't blindly follow 37 year old GM who has zero experience just becasue he's not the guy you all slurped for the previous 3 years?

Because I understand that talent and solid/novel coaching is how you win?

Because I don't roll with the dumb masses just to fit in here?

Because I focus my posts on the team and not taking a shit on another poster who has correct opinions?

Because I want the team to win?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
2 mil a year and saving 5 mil more and getting a 4th round pick. Younger player who busted his ass behind a great TE and now gets his shot.

We didn't get a 4th round pick. We swapped our 6th for a late 4th. We moved up a little. And gave up a pro-bowler to do so.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

And won't complain. Team first players, not Me first players. Belicheck is known to find these kind of players that fit into his system, not the other way around. Belicheck got rid of Chanlder Jones and replaced him with McCleinnen.

Another example. Terrell Owens never won the big game even though one of the greatest of all time. He was hated by his teammates and didn't stay in one place. Reminds you a former receiver the Bears had?

A good locker room matters.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
A good locker room matters.

You're cool with paying 2 million a year to a guy who catches 12 passes per year just because he'll fall in line?

:obama:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You're cool with paying 2 million a year to a guy who catches 12 passes per year just because he'll fall in line?

A good special teams player, can block, and is only 25 years old. Hill will be on the field more than Robbie Gould, and Gould make almost 4 million year. I'm not expecting Hill to be Bennett. Heck Bennett was underpaid, but he acted like a child and didn't report to minicamps with 2 years left on his contract. It showed in his play this year. Today's market, a good TE costs 8-9 million a year. Would you want to give Bennett a contract like that after he acted like that?

I give credit to Alshon Jeffery. He never complained about his contract or missed minicamps.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Another example. Terrell Owens never won the big game even though one of the greatest of all time.

Yes.. It was his fault McNabb threw 2 INT's in the 4th quarter against the Patriots to lose the SB 24-21.

Nevermind that he wasn't the intended receiver on any of his INT's - or that he caught 122 yards - or that he was playing through a leg injury that the doctor told him to not play through. Or that this was in the spygate era.

People who use "he never won xxx game" against a WR are really fucking obtuse.

derp

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hill is a good special teamer, a decent blocker and an occasional big endzone target.

Dont over-inflate this signing and dont be a douchebag hater trying to sarcastically compare him to Bennett. He means something different to the Bears. Not a Martellus replacement.

Dont go tossing logic in to the Mongo equation.

Reactions: DC

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a decent signing and it saves them a draft pick. He's still a big downgrade from Bennett but it does shore up a weak position to maybe just a below average to average position.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we lose a draft pick if we get him?

Exactly.

That's the price of business, idiot. Are you really surprised by the amount of $$$ thrown around nowadays? You are easily the boards worst poster at the moment. Life is short, troll hard, I guess.

I'd pay Josh Hill 15 million a year just to see you cunt up these boards even more.

Worth it to me.

LOL, with you.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
A good special teams player, can block, and is only 25 years old.

Cool, so you're cool with paying a ST'er more this year than:

Grasu
McManis
Goldman
Ferguson
Carey
Langford
Leno
Amos
Timu

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That's the price of business, idiot.

Please keep your emotions and personal attacks in control. stop being angry that I'm right.