Bears sign Hill to offer sheet (Update: Saints match it)

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Saints restricted free agent TE Josh Hill's three-year offer sheet with the Bears is worth a "maximum" of $7.5 million, and includes $3.25 million guaranteed.
It's a modest contract, but it will be hard to match for the Saints, who have just $1.3 million in cap space. They'd have to do some maneuvering to match Chicago's offer. Hill is a favorite of coach Sean Payton's, but Coby Fleener and Michael Hoomanawanui are a solid 1-2 punch for New Orleans at tight end. Hill will likely end up a Bear.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
Heh, mongo always reminded me of bf51. It's kind of funny now that he's abandoned all pretenses.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno-Slauson-Grasu-Long-Massie
Cutler
Langford
Jeffery-White
Miller
#11: RB-Carey, WR-Royal, TE-Hill
Needs: Offensive line, running back

Sutton/Unrein-Goldman-Spence
McPhee-Trevathan-Freeman-Houston/Young
Fuller-Porter
Amos-Rolle
Needs: Defensive line, defensive backs

I'm not quite sure what this is but Noah Spence isn't on this team and if he were he'd be a OLB. You forgot Hicks and Ego. Sutton more than likely goes back to nose this season, he was better there than at DE IMO.

Anyway… I like the potential Hill signing. Good, young versatile depth player. He's not here to replace Bennett.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In summary, I don't think any folks on this site don't want the Bears to win. Arguing over *that* in particular is pretty dumb.

Also, nothing we say matters, y'know? We're not influencing the decisions of the front office in any way. Its the typed out equivalent of me yelling at the TV screen: "God damn Bears!" when J'Marcus earns another false start.

Its probably why my kids learned to say "GDBs" way too early in life.

/Flame on

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread fails, no one brought up Jay Cutler.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool, so you're cool with paying a ST'er more this year than:

Grasu
McManis
Goldman
Ferguson
Carey
Langford
Leno
Amos
Timu

most of those guys are earning less than the 4-year vet minimum, so....yes?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sean Payton talking about the Saints matching.

These guys couldn't manage the cap if they got a billion dollars. They have 600K in room and just signed a LB to a 3 year deal.

These guys are crazy.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Sean Payton is really high on Hill so I'm not sure if they will match the offer.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
There just assholes if they match.....they got Fleener and that Samoan dude from Pats

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
There just assholes if they match.....they got Fleener and that Samoan dude from Pats

Hoomanawanui is the blocking TE but the Saints outside of Cooks dont have much at WR so they may use a lot of multiple TE sets

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Sean Payton talking about the Saints matching.

These guys couldn't manage the cap if they got a billion dollars. They have 600K in room and just signed a LB to a 3 year deal.

These guys are crazy.
And they reward their incompetence by giving Payton a 9 year extension for $45 million lol

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they matched Hill.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or they could just like him…

But like windy said their cap situation sucks and has for some time now.

Jarius Byrd has been a huge bust for them. 17 game played (16 starts) 75 combined tackles 1 sack 1 int 5 pdef in two years… at a whopping $9mil AAV.

$1.125 mil/start
$240k/tackle
$3.6 mil/pdef
$18 mil/sack and int

Hopefully Pace learned from these bad contracts while in NO.

crony

Liked Posts:
I'm not quite sure what this is but Noah Spence isn't on this team and if he were he'd be a OLB. You forgot Hicks and Ego. Sutton more than likely goes back to nose this season, he was better there than at DE IMO.

Anyway… I like the potential Hill signing. Good, young versatile depth player. He's not here to replace Bennett.

My bad, I meant Hicks at DE not Spence (don't know where I got Spence from).

You think Ferguson is our other starting end at this point over Sutton and Unrein? He missed most of last year and is coming off the steroids suspension.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad, I meant Hicks at DE not Spence (don't know where I got Spence from).

You think Ferguson is our other starting end at this point over Sutton and Unrein? He missed most of last year and is coming off the steroids suspension.

I definitely think he's front runner at this point. I thought he was playing well up until he got hurt last year. He may never be an elite player but he still has a ton of upside.

Unrein is a rotation guy and Sutton struggled at DE. He played better inside IMO.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I definitely think he's front runner at this point. I thought he was playing well up until he got hurt last year. He may never be an elite player but he still has a ton of upside.

Unrein is a rotation guy and Sutton struggled at DE. He played better inside IMO.

There's no way they don't draft a d-lineman at some point to add to the rotation.

Keep in mind that most of the time, there are only two down lineman on the field. So assuming Goldman and Hicks get the most snaps, Unrein plays in base/run defense and Ego and whoever rotates. I'd assume a 5 technique will be drafted in the first 3 round. And don't be surprised if one of the lesser talked about players end up being major contributers given Fangio and Fox's track record of making mid and late round unknowns into good players.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any news on hill yet? what is the deadline for the saints to match?